Best Fullsuit?

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
I didn't find the Cyber to be worth it $$$. The fit was weird, the velcro entry was rubbish. Plus they sponsor Chris Ward.

Oneill technoblubber is most flexible and nice to wear. Xcel is warmer. Patagucci actually might be warmest but it's like surfing in an itchy straitjacket. I'd rather wear a 1980's Hotline because at least they aren't lined with recycled fiberglass or whatever it is.

retodd

Duke status
Feb 23, 2009
Hard to beet excel

Nice trick,, put it in your cart proceed to check out but don't .... In 24 hours the will send you a code for 15 extra percent off :cheersbru:

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
cyber r pricey but might be worth it. big brands r so bad now u get maybe 1 season at best then they self destruct
The big brands are garbage.

That's why so many people are now wearing 4/3s in 62 degree water....the 3/2s of today are a joke.

I had not worn one of the big brands for some years until this summer - tried on all the big brands. They are worse than ever in temrs of material and quality control. See my XCEL springsuit thread.

Cyber, hands down. Once you've worn one you'll see how much of a joke the big brands are.

3/2 with smoothie back and front is all you need for SD. No leaks - even my old suits that have bit the dust do not leak.

The 4/3 is so goddam warm. Was cooking in 52 degree temps on the Central Coast. Just be careful if you opt for the full smoothie arms and lower legs - the smoothie is very easy to tear with your fingernails or sharp rocks. I was warned to keep my fingernails trimmed and ended up with a bunch of little moonshaped cuts in the shoulder from pulling off the suit.

Reactions: Chocki and Bman76

Havoc

Phil Edwards status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
I didn't find the Cyber to be worth it $$$. The fit was weird, the velcro entry was rubbish. Plus they sponsor Chris Ward.

Oneill technoblubber is most flexible and nice to wear. Xcel is warmer. Patagucci actually might be warmest but it's like surfing in an itchy straitjacket. I'd rather wear a 1980's Hotline because at least they aren't lined with recycled fiberglass or whatever it is.
i thought patagucci lined their wetsuits with hipster beards

Havoc

Phil Edwards status
May 23, 2016

which is best oneill technoblubber suit?

what if u like house music but not techno?

surfysurfy1476

Nep status
Jan 27, 2018
cyber r pricey but might be worth it. big brands r so bad now u get maybe 1 season at best then they self destruct
srsly wtf. I have a 4/3 f bomb that has one winter on it and I used it now and its barely warm at all. and theres no damage or issues with it. who makes a suit that lasts 2 seasons now?

SD_Dan

OTF status
Jan 23, 2019
Can't say it's the best, but the needessentials suits are pretty good quality for a really good price.

Reactions: Fredtool

trifish

Gerry Lopez status
Sep 23, 2009
Shred City
I still like the O'Neill psycho freak ones the best. They are the most comfortable/flexible for me. I'm lucky if i get 2 seasons from one though so its a trade off. I usually just pick up the previous year model to knock the price down some. I've had local companies and other big brands, but I always seem to eventually go back to them since they fit me the best.

Reactions: potato-nator

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
srsly wtf. I have a 4/3 f bomb that has one winter on it and I used it now and its barely warm at all. and theres no damage or issues with it. who makes a suit that lasts 2 seasons now?
Cyber

Of course the caveat here is you have to take care of your stuff. That includes rinsing your suit (actually rinsing it) after you surf.

There is no suit that will last through no/weak rinsejobs, drying in the sun, etc.

Havoc

Phil Edwards status
May 23, 2016
Cyber

Of course the caveat here is you have to take care of your stuff. That includes rinsing your suit (actually rinsing it) after you surf.

There is no suit that will last through no/weak rinsejobs, drying in the sun, etc.
i rinse in fresh water n dry folded over a fancy wetsuit hanger in garage and dis drylack is falling apart adter 1 season da fk??

Reactions: sublime74

johnson7

Nep status
Sep 29, 2016
I've got a new billabong furnace comp, that I'm pretty happy with, seems like their making good suits again. I also have had a couple of Buells in rotation, really soft, warm, not built to last, but on sale it's a no brainer.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
I've got a new billabong furnace comp, that I'm pretty happy with, seems like their making good suits again. I also have had a couple of Buells in rotation, really soft, warm, not built to last, but on sale it's a no brainer.
The highest quality suit I tried on appeared to be the Billabong.

fishtank

Gerry Lopez status
Jun 20, 2010
I prefer O’Neill. Their MT is cut nice, legs, arms long and shoulders big enough. The Psycho 1 3/2 is plenty warm, used it up a north a few trips last winter. Can say the customer service is top notch too. Anytime a suit needs a repair I take it in or mail it and there is no charge, even out of warranty. Sent one in for repair recently, there was still a few tiny spots coming apart after the initial fix. Mailed it back and they sent a brand new suit in return. Haven’t had much luck with Xcel, the fit isn’t very good and durability seems to be lacking.

Reactions: Aruka