LIST OF DOOMSDAY PREDICTIONS CLIMATE ALARMIST GOT RIGHT

GWS_2

Miki Dora status
Aug 3, 2019
Wait we fill the country with salt water wave pools and drain the ocean to fill the pools thus avoiding sea level rise.

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
I actually conducted my own scientific study and came to the undeniable conclusion that cars cause warming.

When I woke this morning at 5:00am it was 62 degrees out (still dark too). There were no cars driving by my house at all.

By 9:00am there was considerably more traffic and the temp was up to 70.

There was also some kind of bright light in the sky by that time that made it really easy to see so most of the cars had their headlights turned off, but there’s no evidence that turning off headlights make it warmer.
Rough scientific method
  • 1 Make an Observation. It is cold when I wake up.
  • 2 Form a Question. Why does it get warmer after I wake up?
  • 3 Form a Hypothesis. There are more cars on the road after I wake up, therefore I correlate that more cars makes the day warmer.
  • 4 Conduct an Experiment. (waiting)
  • 5 Analyse the Data and Draw a Conclusion. (waiting)

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
How about some you deniers explain the loss of sea ice in the Artic and glaciers disappearing worldwide?

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Science has shown us that the earth has both been significantly warmer and significantly colder that where we are today. With all of the warming and cooling that occurred in the past how are we as humans still here and flourishing? Why aren't we extinct despite the fact that indoor heating and air conditioning are relatively new inventions? Say the claims of global warming of a couple of degrees over the next thousand years are true, aren't humans capable of adapting and overcoming?
Us modern humans didn't start to thrive until the ice sheets retreated about 10K-12K years ago.

Us humans are reasonably adaptable, but often for species, the rate of change is the problem.....not being able to keep up with the change(s) leads to decline.

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Ok, somebody bottom line me here.

If I'm going to live another 30 years, is my beachfront property going to get wiped out by sea level rise? Should I sell it now? Because the prices are doing nothing but going up so far. Should I be buying beach property inland?
Depends on what you want to leave your kids (or wife if she outlives you), grand-kids, your brother/sister's kids, etc.

Yeah, it is a cop-out of an answer, but alas, I think only you know your best answer.

But if you want to pay me, sure, I got a REAL answer.

Last edited:

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
So, to answer the OP:

-Warming surface temps
-Warming ocean temps
-loss of polar ice mass (both poles)
-sea level rise
-more extreme weather events
-greenhouse effect
-ocean acidification
-coral bleaching
-fisheries collapses

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
Depends on what you want to leave your kids (or wife if she outlives you), grand-kids, your brother/sister's kids, etc.

Yeah, it is a cop-out of an answer, but alas, I think only your know your best answer.

But if you want to pay me, sure, I got a REAL answer.
Did the Obamas make a bad decision in buying that $14,000,000.00 vacation house on the beach in Martha's Vineyard? Will it get washed away? I must admit I'm rooting for a direct hit from a Hurricane there now.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Did the Obamas make a bad decision in buying that $14,000,000.00 vacation house on the beach in Martha's Vineyard? Will it get washed away? I must admit I'm rooting for a direct hit from a Hurricane there now.
Truly a sh!t person.

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
How about some you deniers explain the loss of sea ice in the Artic and glaciers disappearing worldwide?
This summers Arctic sea ice minimum tied 2016 and 2007 levels a few days ago.

Still far and away higher than the 2012 minimum record low the AGW ice-watchers keep salivating to be beaten.

And this was with a heat wave in the Arctic over Greenland in August that accelerated ice melt there dramatically....for a couple weeks. Once the heat wave stopped, ice melt pretty much stopped almost dead in late August. What at once looked like possibly getting close to Sept. 2012 record low, ice melt slowed way down to almost nil from there.

This summer was STILL 750,000 sq kilometers of ice higher than the 2012 minimum (22% higher), even after a warmer than normal summer in parts of the Arctic. Looks like the NW passage never opened, AGAIN, to the dismay of expensive cruise liners. And some parts of the Arctic had more ice than others this summer, not seen in a few years. Alaska and Russia had less ice, but the far Northern Atlantic had a bit more than previous summer melt offs. These regions trade off from summer to summer in melt-off. Some more, some less and it all balances out over the decades.

Arctic ice is already rebounding back towards winter, and the freeze up cycle begins again.

2012 record low (3,400,000 sq k) still stands far and away from all previous and post years summer melt offs. One of these years it might be beat, and we sure will hear about it when it does. Even then, there's still well over 4,100,000 sq kilometers of Polar Arctic ice left today, at it's summer minimum. Until we beat 2012's record low, it seems we've maybe bottomed out in summer Arctic ice melt off. But there's always next summer, or the next, or 50 or 100 years from now?

Still waiting for anything even close to an "ice free Arctic summer" AlGore and others predicted would've happened years ago.

But who's keeping track, other than me, on their bogus claims?

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
This summers Arctic sea ice minimum tied 2016 and 2007 levels a few days ago.

Still far and away higher than the 2012 minimum record low the AGW ice-watchers keep salivating to be beaten.

And this was with a heat wave in the Arctic over Greenland in August that accelerated ice melt there dramatically....for a couple weeks. Once the heat wave stopped, ice melt pretty much stopped almost dead in late August. What at once looked like possibly getting close to Sept. 2012 record low, ice melt slowed way down to almost nil from there.

This summer was STILL 750,000 sq kilometers of ice higher than the 2012 minimum (22% higher), even after a warmer than normal summer in parts of the Arctic. Looks like the NW passage never opened, AGAIN, to the dismay of expensive cruise liners. And some parts of the Arctic had more ice than others this summer, not seen in a few years. Alaska and Russia had less ice, but the far Northern Atlantic had a bit more than previous summer melt offs. These regions trade off from summer to summer in melt-off. Some more, some less and it all balances out over the decades.

Arctic ice is already rebounding back towards winter, and the freeze up cycle begins again.

2012 record low (3,400,000 sq k) still stands far and away from all previous and post years summer melt offs. One of these years it might be beat, and we sure will hear about it when it does. Even then, there's still well over 4,100,000 sq kilometers of Polar Arctic ice left today, at it's summer minimum. Until we beat 2012's record low, it seems we've maybe bottomed out in summer Arctic ice melt off. But there's always next summer, or the next, or 50 or 100 years from now?

Still waiting for anything even close to an "ice free Arctic summer" AlGore and others predicted would've happened years ago.

But who's keeping track, other than me, on their bogus claims?

Go read some peer-reviewed science journals.