80% of California Surf Spots Gone with 3 Feet of Sea Level Rise

caelho

Miki Dora status
Jun 10, 2003
Along with rising sea levels, Hawaii is slowly sinking unfortunately. But it will take 80 million years to do it, and I bet the prices on the new island of Loihi are pretty cheap right now ;)

Aloha, Islands! Chronicle graphic by John Blanchard

Last edited:

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Uh.....it's not constant in its solid, liquid, or gaseous state.
Duh.

So here's what you posted:

Evaporation = more clouds

More clouds = more rain

More rain = more water

You're welcome.
That's in response to Steak's post saying evaporation should create more beachfront property.

It appeared you said it will create more water and thus higher sea levels.

Pardon me if I presumed idiocy - that seems to be the standard with the general public on both sides of the issue.

ShiverMeTimbers

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Mar 21, 2006
Gig Harbor
www.peistcharters.com
One of my local breaks hardly ever breaks any more and if it does it doesn't hit the outside reef like it used to. Is that from the sea rising?

My college astronomy teacher, who is the smartest man I've ever met, said mankind hasn't recorded weather patterns long enough to make any kind of determination regarding global warming.
you should probably meet more people.

ShiverMeTimbers

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Mar 21, 2006
Gig Harbor
www.peistcharters.com
Is this on the east coast?

How much has the sea level risen in your area since 1950?

Why has the sea risen more where you are than somewhere else?
Not sure where you're getting your information, but you seem to be full of sh!t.

"Seas around the world have risen an average of nearly 3 inches (8 centimeters) since 1992, with some locations rising more than 9 inches (25 centimeters) due to natural variation, according to the latest satellite measurements from NASA and its partners. "

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
WOW!

So much mis-info and hype on those sites above, it's not even funny. But the enviro-wannabe-do-gooders eat it up and confess their enviro-sins on NBC sites.

Here's the sea level gauge for Hilo, in which the Big Island is sinking the most/fastest of all the Hawaiian island chain.....

Do you see ANY increase in sea level rise rates there. You see drops and rises due to thermal expansion from El Nino's and receding from cooler La Nina's, but that's it.

Here's Nawiliwili harbor on Kauai, the oldest of the main Hawaiian island chain so it's not sinking nearly as fast.

This one shows less than typical global sea level rise rates. Any spikes in rise rates there?

Here's the San Francisco gauge.....

See any dramatic increase in sea level rise rates the last 10, 20, 30, 50 or even 100 years? Again, you can see the big El Nino year spikes, but all those spikes retreat back to long term normal rise rates. Do the math and you'll see less than 8 inch rise rate the last 100 years.

Here's Key West Florida, supposedly one of the most dire in supposed catastrophic sea level rise claims, being only a few feet above sea level max at their highest points.....

See ANY dramatic sea level rise rate spikes here either? These islands are slowing sinking too.

Here's a few more...

Check out the effects of big El Nino's on 1982/83, 1997, and latest 2015 above. Then the big drops during the following La Nina years. But where's the overall rise rate spike that supposedly started back in the early 1990's?

Do ANY of these charts show a dramatic hockey stick, or even a slight uptick in sea level rise rate trends over the last 10, 20, 30, 50 or even 100 years?

Many more of these world-wide with 100 year records of sea level rise rates can be linked, and ALL show basically the same level rise rates. Basically constant and unchanged for decades, if not centuries.

Bohter

Michael Peterson status
Mar 7, 2006
Not sure where you're getting your information, but you seem to be full of sh!t.

"Seas around the world have risen an average of nearly 3 inches (8 centimeters) since 1992, with some locations rising more than 9 inches (25 centimeters) due to natural variation, according to the latest satellite measurements from NASA and its partners. "
Since all the oceans are connected, i.e. same body of aqua, wouldn't any sea level rise be the same at every location worldwide?

Surfdog....thanks for the data....

Last edited:

Duke status
Feb 20, 2003
when the big quake comes, california will fall into the sea, and create tons of new breaks