I'm guessing everyone here is OK with a president doctoring a NWS hurricane graphic.....

Aquaman2

Michael Peterson status
Apr 17, 2008
Socal
fineartamerica.com
"Some people have suggested that the felt tip loop was added by someone in order to show the President was right, but White House officials have defended the President.

Asked whether the black line over Alabama was made with a permanent marker, Trump said, "I don't know. I don't know."

This is the MOST OBVIOUS LIE. When asked if the black line was made with a Sharpie, Trump could only mutter he didn't know. Certainly he would know that. He is the champ of the Sharpie, he signs everything with a Sharpie, and he more than anyone else would know. Either he did it himself, or he knew who did that.

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
"Some people have suggested that the felt tip loop was added by someone in order to show the President was right, but White House officials have defended the President.

Asked whether the black line over Alabama was made with a permanent marker, Trump said, "I don't know. I don't know."

This is the MOST OBVIOUS LIE. When asked if the black line was made with a Sharpie, Trump could only mutter he didn't know. Certainly he would know that. He is the champ of the Sharpie, he signs everything with a Sharpie, and he more than anyone else would know. Either he did it himself, or he knew who did that.

It was Trumby.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Really can’t believe the legs this one has. Almost as if they’re deliberately trying to stretch this nonsense out to cover something bigger.

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
Snyder’s book on tyranny describes what’s going on in this administration

The book’s second far-reaching point is that tyrannies war against facts and truth. Snyder perceptively warns: “To abandon facts is to abandon freedom,” (65) adding, “You submit to tyranny when you renounce the difference between what you want to hear and what is actually the case.” (66) In one eye-opening section, Snyder outlines how tyrannical regimes of the past have subverted the very idea of truth.

Initially that process involves the “open hostility to verifiable reality, which takes the form of presenting invention and lies as if they were facts.” (66) Later comes the numbing repetition of fictions, the open embrace of contradictions, and the calls for faith in a god-like leader.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Snyder’s book on tyranny describes what’s going on in this administration

The book’s second far-reaching point is that tyrannies war against facts and truth. Snyder perceptively warns: “To abandon facts is to abandon freedom,” (65) adding, “You submit to tyranny when you renounce the difference between what you want to hear and what is actually the case.” (66) In one eye-opening section, Snyder outlines how tyrannical regimes of the past have subverted the very idea of truth.

Initially that process involves the “open hostility to verifiable reality, which takes the form of presenting invention and lies as if they were facts.” (66) Later comes the numbing repetition of fictions, the open embrace of contradictions, and the calls for faith in a god-like leader.
So basically what the US has been doing since the Mexican-American War

• Haha
Reactions: manbearpig

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
Except I don't have to fret about afoaf hassling me because the open comment box at the bottom doesn't require me to hit the reply button. :cool:

• Haha
Reactions: Ifallalot

everysurfer

Phil Edwards status
Sep 9, 2013
Santa Barbara County
So what it comes down to is tRump heard an early report, and went golfing instead of keeping updated. Then he repeated outdated info.

Then when caught not doing his job, he pulled out the sharpie and tried to make the outdated info seem current.

I guess that is ok with some.

It's kind of ok with me at this point. He is harmless when he is walking around the course. He is a menace when he is in his office.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
So what it comes down to is tRump heard an early report, and went golfing instead of keeping updated. Then he repeated outdated info.

Then when caught not doing his job, he pulled out the sharpie and tried to make the outdated info seem current.

I guess that is ok with some.

It's kind of ok with me at this point. He is harmless when he is walking around the course. He is a menace when he is in his office.
I think it had more to do with him playing to his base in a stronghold red-state like Alabama.