**BONZER THREAD 2014**

GWS

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
done
My post-surgery recovery crutch.

With the wider tail on this you can just plant back there and S and pump through gutless crap you wouldn't even swim in. It even nose rides a bit. I'm probably healed up enough to drop down to a short fat and round 6'2" I have, but truth be told this thing is funner than I care to admit. I may ride it for awhile.

And yes, ALL the hipsters are wearing jorts with paper white legs and boots.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
GWS said:

With the wider tail on this you can just plant back there and S and pump through gutless crap you wouldn't even swim in. It even nose rides a bit. I'm probably healed up enough to drop down to a short fat and round 6'2" I have, but truth be told this thing is funner than I care to admit. I may ride it for awhile.

I want that. Every walrus and fat dyke at Swamis would tremble with fear at my wave count

walrus

Billy Hamilton status
Apr 1, 2007
NJ
Bryan Wynn made me a 5 fin version of that! Just loved it any where and any wave, so sorry I sold it for a more zippy speed type bonzer egg........just a classic shape..

njsurfer42

Michael Peterson status
Mar 16, 2006
shrouded in a 5/4
Money4CoffeeMan said:
this bee on surfy looks :bowdown:

http://www.shopsurfysurfy.com/surfboards/510-campbell-bros-bumble-bee/
that thing looks insane! not a huge fan of the look of gloss & polish lately, but that one is :facelick: :facelick:

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
GWS said:

GWS, does this have all the concaves too?

bonzer5fin

Duke status
May 9, 2006
your mom
A collection of Bonzer pics. Some mine, some random, some famous. All Bonzers from around the world.

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://s264.photobucket.com/user/bonzer5fin/embed/slideshow/bonzers"></iframe>

Sep 20, 2012
Okay, so I m am really loving the "Happy Accident" In some punchy surf. Who grovels on a Bonzer and how does the ride compare to surf with juice?! Any one with a comparison to Twinzer ride styley will be beer compensated or whatevs upon arrival here in Santa Cruz.

20W-50 and blood

Duke status
Feb 4, 2004
SOCAL
Visit site
have groveled on one slightly better set to smallr waves and it was fun...just have to understand what you rbaord can and cant do (as with everything)..and got to enjoy picking up speed then doing a BIG bleed crack, gaff, etc

money4coffeeman

Gerry Lopez status
Mar 31, 2005
Bonzer5Fin said:
A collection of Bonzer pics. Some mine, some random, some famous. All Bonzers from around the world.

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://s264.photobucket.com/user/bonzer5fin/embed/slideshow/bonzers"></iframe>
That grey and red railed speed egg (of yours?) always looks so right on in photos. What are the dims on that puppy?

Colin

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 11, 2005
east oahu
Flowbee... I have a 5'10'' MBLV and a 5'10'' Larry Mabile twinzer. They are Very very different. For me, bonzers stay strong to a single fin heritage. The twinzer is born from a twin fin. That's the main difference to me - just my opinion. I ride single fins alot, so the bonzer is a perfect transition when the waves turn on. I think they are more pivoty that the twinzer. The twinzer wants to sit up on top of the wave more. It would be hard for me to pick only one. I prefer the bonzer on my backhand, and the twinzer frontside.