This has just gotten...

whatever.

There are other things in fruit besides sugar. Some of those things science tells us help prevent cancer. Citrus, various berries and yes Virginia, tomatoes, and dare I say even beans and carrots provide cancer protection. Moderation. Cancer bad.

So, as my experiment continues, my Atkins style loading phase got me a dismal five pounds in two weeks. I can't see eating that way long term. So I am continuing and basically restricting bread/wheat, beer, bawling refined sugar. I'm still having a (1) vodka martini at the end of the day (after I work out) or a couple of shots of silver TaKillYa over ice. And I am down another pound. There was no rebound weight gain of my "water" loss, just a slower continuation of the downward trend in my weight. I should probably cut all the booze out next. Now I am mostly just trying to eat clean and avoid processed foods. Whatever. When I was younger, if I knew I had to cut five pounds and I was two weeks out I would just eliminate wheat, bread, pasta, booze and refined sugars. Done. No dehydration weight cut, wrapped in garbage bags, sauna, stationary bike BS necessary. Now my older body REALLY wants to hang on to that last ten pounds. It doesn't get easier. A benefit re the weight loss is I surf better under 200 pounds. And I am now under 200. dancing

I'd like to hit 190...