Originally Posted By: GWS
Originally Posted By: hal9000
5lbs that quickly is water weight.

Maybe. I don't really consider 5 pounds in two weeks "quick."

Used to be all I had to do was not drink alcohol or eat sugar and i could pull off five pounds in less than two weeks.

I've had to make weight a number of times and I like to feel like I know my body well enough to know when I am sucked out/dehydrated vs I've dropped fat. There's a definite difference in the way you feel if you have ever done it.

And I'm assuming by your lack of a response that your claimed "study after study" that indicated long term problems with a keto diet was a BS exaggeration on your part.

I'm still interested if you can produce. LINKS PLEASE.

5 pounds of total weight in 2 weeks is not quick- with "weight" including fat, muscle tissue, and water. 5 pounds of body fat would be very quick unless you are at least moderately obese. For that 5 pounds to be exclusively or even 80-90% fat would be unusual. The less fat you have, the more likely you are to lose muscle in addition to fat when losing weight, which makes the prospect of a reasonably in shape person (which I am assuming you are based on your posting history) to drop 5 pounds in 2 weeks without at least some muscle and water loss highly unlikely. You can certainly lose muscle while losing fat but look more ripped, lift stronger, and feel great because of the relief provided by the fat loss.

Also, it's very complicated to accurately assess muscle loss versus fat loss, even with expensive equipment, let alone parse out the water weight loss.

Here's a link I posted earlier, where ketogenic dieters lost muscle mass while dieting, more so than a standard diet: https://academic.oup.com/ajcn/article/104/2/324/4564649 Therefore if what you said is true, that would make you an exception to the norm.

Most of the research I've come across that is not pushed by internet diet gurus state that the most total weight a normal person can lose in a week with it being strictly fat and not muscle tissue is 1 pound/week, with some researchers believing that a half pound of fat is more likely (link is a podcast, but cites an actual peer reviewed study) https://www.quickanddirtytips.com/health-fitness/weight-loss/how-much-fat-can-you-lose-0

If I'm wrong, congrats on being a freak blush2 wink2 hat dancing

You forgot it was STOLEN?!