Originally Posted By: Caelho
...So even though it was glued they did not pop out, due to the fiberglass capping it, just cracked all around the box and wobbling around taking in buckets of water. It probably still has water in it even though it drained for days. It's amazing how much water those things soak up from tiny holes. I should post pictures of the quality issues I come across, and not just the Asian stuff.

I hated that board laugh

Must be block cut EPS. As Parmenter says in part 4 absorbent EPS is disastrous because it will suck water from pinholes, so should be avoided unless its a sandwich build. I assume he must be talking about block cut EPS. Moulded fused bead EPS can be made very watertight and that is suitable for a non sandwich build. The reason why sandwich builds can get away with block cut EPS is because the divinycell or whatever that wraps it stops the water and isn't so likely to get punctured, plus sandwich builds normally have a thick layer of paint which would fill pinholes in the seam area.

The US blank manufactures seem to offer block cut blanks as well as moulded (fused) blanks, so beware, not just the stuff coming out of Asia. Make sure there is a fused blank inside your non sandwich lam .