The biggest problem with Paleo is:

1. People don't understand what it is.

2. Somehow it got affiliated with Crossfit.

I've never used Paleo to guide my nutrition or foods but for the most part I've arrived there.

Paleo is just a framework of choosing quality foods that fit with either your current body composition, the results you are trying to achieve, coupled with your preference in food. Generally, Paleo isn't a low-carb or a high-protein diet, high or low fat diet, Keto or any other silly marketing term you want to use.... unless that term happens to be high-quality food.

Paleo recommends that you eat quality food and adjust the specifics of the diet depending on your own goals and current status (body fat, hormonal, training, etc)? Is there a better way to approach a diet? This way of guiding nutritional intake within the scope of high quality food improves greatly 99.9% of just about anyones nutrition.

The biggest misconception I see is that Paleo means you can eat snacks all day as long as they are made with with almond flour, coconut water, agave, and chocolate..... and being able to get away with it by calling it paleo

Is eating Paleo healthy? Depending on your choices of course, and how you define health, yes and no.

Are you looking to lose weight or gain weight? Do you want to have a better lipid profile? It all depends on the individual application of the diet and how a person reacts to it under regular monitoring. No diet is "one size fits all" but the Paleo framework is a good place to start. Observe, adjust, measure, repeat.

Why hasn't anyone mentioned sleep in this thread? Mentally, hormonally, physically every bit as important as diet, and every bit as debilitating over the long term if you aren't getting enough of it.

Originally Posted By: StuAzole
The deference given to veterans is insane. They signed up, did their job and got paid for it. Fine.