Originally Posted By: hal9000
I'll believe what ifall and Duffy are saying when it becomes the norm for elite athletes to train this way. For now, I'm writing this low carb thing off as a fitness trend.

Again, I think you are not understanding the separation between nutrition and fueling.

It is rapidly becaoming the norm for elite athletes to follow a low carb nutrition plan.

And as I have stated here already a few times, during training and competition output they are fueling with carbs (but the carb intake needs are less for the athletes who follow a low carb nutrition plan).

I think once you actually understand what Im saying (and what the science is saying) youll come around.

For the record, a strict keto diet isnt really something thats sustainable long term and very few people (nobody really) follows strict keto all the time.

Personally Ive never done any kind of diet. I just dont eat very many carbs and since I got more consistent about it Ive gone from 205lbs. (14 months ago) to 180 today (and Ive been at 180 for that last 4 months).

That aint water weight.

When I cut for fights I cut down to 169 and thats all water.

I rarely train for over 2 hours these days so fueling during runs/bikes, etc. isnt necessary, in part because I eat a low carb diet. When I ate a high carb diet I couldnt run for more than an hour without needing fuel. Now its two hours.

�No eternal reward will forgive us now for wasting the dawn�

- The Wasp