Originally Posted By: FecalFace
Originally Posted By: Duffy
Quote:
LOL all you want, It's not uncommon for cyclist to burn 6-7000 calories on a mountain stage in a race.

And whos saying that people dont fuel DURING long races with carbs?

Nobody.

Again with your typical m.o.

Say something ridiculous that nobody is claiming and then argue against that.

And, no. Nobody is burning 7,000 calories in three hours. Nobody.

TDF riders (climbers in particular) are very light (130-140 lbs on average, if that). Its basically physically impossible for a person that size to burn much more 1,000 per hour.

Science.

Oh and while were on the subject of cyclists....

https://www.velonews.com/2013/07/news/fueling-the-tour-qa-with-saxo-chef-hannah-grant_295465

Quote:
VN: The job is cooking, but its very different from working in a restaurant. Can you talk about some of the differences?

HG: First of all, I set the menu. I mean, they can request stuff, the riders, if they want. Ill note it and Ill do it if its possible. But, obviously, then theres rules to how to assemble the menu. Todays a rest day, so we do a low-carb lunch for them. Theyre not going so far, they just want to keep their legs going, so we dont want to fill them up too much. And we dont want to go too hard on the carbs so they dont gain weight.

Then we have a philosophy of using lots of vegetables, proteins, and cold-pressed fats, and then we use a lot of gluten-free alternatives. So we try to encourage the riders to try other things than just pasta and bread. I do gluten-free breads as well.

So how's that "low carb" diet then, if you're consuming 30 grams of carbs an hour when racing? LOL

And yes, TDF climbers can burn over 6000 calories on some stages.

Whether it's over 3,4 or 5 hours is irrelevant, there's no way you can do that on a low carb, keto diet. Fact.

The point is that they have to consume 6000 - 9000 calories a day and a very small percentage of that is fat and protein because its digestion taxes the body and it's not an efficient fuel for endurance.

Are you fooking retarded?

Quote myself from above...

And whos saying that people dont fuel DURING long races with carbs?

Nobody.

Idiot.

And no. Nobody is burning 7,000 calories in three hours. Its not humanly possible for someone with a pro bike racers build to do that.

What these cyclists and triathletes and ultra marathon runners are doing now is eating a carb restricted diet but are fueling with carbs as needed during training and races. Their carb needs are in many cases lower during races than they were when their regular daily carb intake (outside of training and racing) was higher.

Idiot.

�No eternal reward will forgive us now for wasting the dawn�

- The Wasp