REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Congratulations Democrats, gunmen are still targeting law enforcement based 100% based on your rhetoric. [Re: GDaddy] #2996698
08/14/19 10:15 PM
08/14/19 10:15 PM
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 34,624
your mom
F
FecalFace Online happy
Duke status
FecalFace  Online Happy
Duke status
**
F

Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 34,624
your mom
I didn't call America nor any other country and its entire people a shithole.

You fvcking did. poke

You didn't respond to any of my points about making racial stereotypes based on the behavior of the minority.

You are a vile racist POS.

Re: Congratulations Democrats, gunmen are still targeting law enforcement based 100% based on your rhetoric. [Re: Coat Hanger] #2996703
08/14/19 10:27 PM
08/14/19 10:27 PM
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 23,852
Carlsbad
G
GDaddy Offline
Duke status
GDaddy  Offline
Duke status
**
G

Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 23,852
Carlsbad
Culture /= race.

You've got to stop conflating the two. Well, actually I guess you don't, because after all, that's all you've got is the lie that they mean the same thing.

Meanwhile we have this virulent culture war being waged between groups with more/less the same racial composition right here in the U.S. and as personified right here on this forum. But in your mind you think that breaks down by race, too. Don't you?

BTW, some of those nations are most definitely shtholes. That's why we don't want to be like them.

God Bless America


#sowhat
Re: Congratulations Democrats, gunmen are still targeting law enforcement based 100% based on your rhetoric. [Re: Coat Hanger] #2996704
08/14/19 10:34 PM
08/14/19 10:34 PM
Joined: Feb 2018
Posts: 5,781
M
mundus Offline
Phil Edwards status
mundus  Offline
Phil Edwards status
**
M

Joined: Feb 2018
Posts: 5,781
It has been a blast, but I think it is time for you 2 to get a room.

Re: Congratulations Democrats, gunmen are still targeting law enforcement based 100% based on your rhetoric. [Re: Phi1] #2996708
08/14/19 10:39 PM
08/14/19 10:39 PM
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 30,061
Vagina Point
A
Autoprax Offline
Duke status
Autoprax  Offline
Duke status
**
A

Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 30,061
Vagina Point
Originally Posted by Phi1
Originally Posted by Autoprax
Yeah, but how do you solve the problem?



End the drug war. Drugs won, we should admit defeat. Treat it as a medical issue, not a criminal one.

Stop using for profit prisons as sources of below minimum wage labor.

Prevent police forces from using citations to make up for budget shortages.

https://finesandfeesjusticecenter.org/articles/investigation-ferguson-police-department/

Quote

Between 2010 and 2014, the City of Ferguson issued 90,000 citations and summonses. Just 21,000 individuals call Ferguson home.

From 2012-14, 85% of people stopped, 90% of those who received a citation, and 93% of those arrested were black, whereas only 67% of Ferguson’s population is black. Black drivers were also twice as likely as whites to be searched during vehicle stops.

In 2014, 23% of Ferguson’s municipal budget was funded by fines and fees. City officials evaluated the performance of criminal justice actors based on the amount of revenue they produced.

A single missed, partial, or late payment could result in incarceration. Arrest warrants were used “almost exclusively” to coerce defendants into paying legal debt. The court refused to reduce or waive any outstanding payments even when defendants were jailed for their inability to pay. In fact, the court did not even record the amount of time a defendant spent incarcerated. As one court staffer said, “It’s only three days anyway.”



I would give the children of poor people free health care too.


incompetence is preferable to malice.
Re: Congratulations Democrats, gunmen are still targeting law enforcement based 100% based on your rhetoric. [Re: GDaddy] #2996709
08/14/19 10:51 PM
08/14/19 10:51 PM
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 34,624
your mom
F
FecalFace Online happy
Duke status
FecalFace  Online Happy
Duke status
**
F

Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 34,624
your mom
Originally Posted by GDaddy
Culture /= race.

You've got to stop conflating the two. Well, actually I guess you don't, because after all, that's all you've got is the lie that they mean the same thing.

Meanwhile we have this virulent culture war being waged between groups with more/less the same racial composition right here in the U.S. and as personified right here on this forum. But in your mind you think that breaks down by race, too. Don't you?

BTW, some of those nations are most definitely shtholes. That's why we don't want to be like them.

God Bless America


So America is a singular culture?

Except for Baltimore?

You're either dumb as fvck or you're trolling.

Re: Congratulations Democrats, gunmen are still targeting law enforcement based 100% based on your rhetoric. [Re: Coat Hanger] #2996710
08/14/19 10:54 PM
08/14/19 10:54 PM
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 23,852
Carlsbad
G
GDaddy Offline
Duke status
GDaddy  Offline
Duke status
**
G

Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 23,852
Carlsbad
It was the city gov't of Ferguson that used a local court as a revenue stream, basically using their police force to enable the imposition of the onerous additional taxes on their residents. Those decisions were made at the top by the elected officials.

The police answer to the civic gov't. They don't dictate to the city what their dept policies will be or write the laws and ordinances or establish the prosecutorial or sentencing or fining protocols. If you want to call them enablers of that system then that's worth a discussion, but in no case did the cops form those policies themselves.


#sowhat
Re: Congratulations Democrats, gunmen are still targeting law enforcement based 100% based on your rhetoric. [Re: Phi1] #2996767
08/15/19 02:01 AM
08/15/19 02:01 AM
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 10,312
THE TERRORIST OF TERRAMAR
C
Coat Hanger Offline OP
Tom Curren status
Coat Hanger  Offline OP
Tom Curren status
**
C

Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 10,312
THE TERRORIST OF TERRAMAR
Originally Posted by Phi1
Originally Posted by Autoprax
Yeah, but how do you solve the problem?



End the drug war. Drugs won, we should admit defeat. Treat it as a medical issue, not a criminal one.

Stop using for profit prisons as sources of below minimum wage labor.

Prevent police forces from using citations to make up for budget shortages.

https://finesandfeesjusticecenter.org/articles/investigation-ferguson-police-department/

Quote

Between 2010 and 2014, the City of Ferguson issued 90,000 citations and summonses. Just 21,000 individuals call Ferguson home.

From 2012-14, 85% of people stopped, 90% of those who received a citation, and 93% of those arrested were black, whereas only 67% of Ferguson’s population is black. Black drivers were also twice as likely as whites to be searched during vehicle stops.

In 2014, 23% of Ferguson’s municipal budget was funded by fines and fees. City officials evaluated the performance of criminal justice actors based on the amount of revenue they produced.

A single missed, partial, or late payment could result in incarceration. Arrest warrants were used “almost exclusively” to coerce defendants into paying legal debt. The court refused to reduce or waive any outstanding payments even when defendants were jailed for their inability to pay. In fact, the court did not even record the amount of time a defendant spent incarcerated. As one court staffer said, “It’s only three days anyway.”



In America black people in primarily black areas are violent. Stop and frisk is a good and legitimate tool in these communities.


Originally Posted By: StuAzole
The deference given to veterans is insane. They signed up, did their job and got paid for it. Fine.
Re: Congratulations Democrats, gunmen are still targeting law enforcement based 100% based on your rhetoric. [Re: Coat Hanger] #2996774
08/15/19 02:46 AM
08/15/19 02:46 AM
Joined: Oct 2017
Posts: 6,559
1
1whoknows Offline
Phil Edwards status
1whoknows  Offline
Phil Edwards status
*
1

Joined: Oct 2017
Posts: 6,559
https://m.dailykos.com/stories/2019...s-and-police-have-grown?detail=emaildkre


Last week, a police officer in Muskegon, Michigan, named Charles Anderson was placed on suspension when he was revealed to be literally a card-carrying member of the Ku Klux Klan after a visitor to his home—touring it as a potential buyer—observed and photographed a framed application for membership into the KKK decorating a wall there, along with several Confederate flags.

It then shortly emerged that this same officer had been involved in the questionable shooting of a black male suspect almost exactly 10 years before. Anderson, a veteran of more than two decades with the Muskegon police, had killed a 23-year-old man named Julius Johnson in 2009 during a traffic stop, but was cleared of wrongdoing by an internal investigation.


“God, I’m glad I’m not me.” Bob Dylan
Re: Congratulations Democrats, gunmen are still targeting law enforcement based 100% based on your rhetoric. [Re: 1whoknows] #2996776
08/15/19 02:51 AM
08/15/19 02:51 AM
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 10,312
THE TERRORIST OF TERRAMAR
C
Coat Hanger Offline OP
Tom Curren status
Coat Hanger  Offline OP
Tom Curren status
**
C

Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 10,312
THE TERRORIST OF TERRAMAR
Originally Posted by 1whoknows
https://m.dailykos.com/stories/2019...s-and-police-have-grown?detail=emaildkre


Last week, a police officer in Muskegon, Michigan, named Charles Anderson was placed on suspension when he was revealed to be literally a card-carrying member of the Ku Klux Klan after a visitor to his home—touring it as a potential buyer—observed and photographed a framed application for membership into the KKK decorating a wall there, along with several Confederate flags.

It then shortly emerged that this same officer had been involved in the questionable shooting of a black male suspect almost exactly 10 years before. Anderson, a veteran of more than two decades with the Muskegon police, had killed a 23-year-old man named Julius Johnson in 2009 during a traffic stop, but was cleared of wrongdoing by an internal investigation.


Last weekend in Chicago black people literally shot 46 other black people.


Originally Posted By: StuAzole
The deference given to veterans is insane. They signed up, did their job and got paid for it. Fine.
Re: Congratulations Democrats, gunmen are still targeting law enforcement based 100% based on your rhetoric. [Re: Autoprax] #2996778
08/15/19 02:53 AM
08/15/19 02:53 AM
Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 8,279
Your mom�s house
D
Duffy Online content
Kelly Slater status
Duffy  Online Content
Kelly Slater status
**
D

Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 8,279
Your mom�s house
Originally Posted by Autoprax
Originally Posted by Phi1
Originally Posted by Autoprax
Yeah, but how do you solve the problem?



End the drug war. Drugs won, we should admit defeat. Treat it as a medical issue, not a criminal one.

Stop using for profit prisons as sources of below minimum wage labor.

Prevent police forces from using citations to make up for budget shortages.

https://finesandfeesjusticecenter.org/articles/investigation-ferguson-police-department/

Quote

Between 2010 and 2014, the City of Ferguson issued 90,000 citations and summonses. Just 21,000 individuals call Ferguson home.

From 2012-14, 85% of people stopped, 90% of those who received a citation, and 93% of those arrested were black, whereas only 67% of Ferguson’s population is black. Black drivers were also twice as likely as whites to be searched during vehicle stops.

In 2014, 23% of Ferguson’s municipal budget was funded by fines and fees. City officials evaluated the performance of criminal justice actors based on the amount of revenue they produced.

A single missed, partial, or late payment could result in incarceration. Arrest warrants were used “almost exclusively” to coerce defendants into paying legal debt. The court refused to reduce or waive any outstanding payments even when defendants were jailed for their inability to pay. In fact, the court did not even record the amount of time a defendant spent incarcerated. As one court staffer said, “It’s only three days anyway.”



I would give the children of poor people free health care too.



Children of the poor already get free healthcare.

And btw, nothing is stopping YOU from giving anyone anything you are capable of giving them. You should try it sometime.


�No eternal reward will forgive us now for wasting the dawn�

- The Wasp
Re: Congratulations Democrats, gunmen are still targeting law enforcement based 100% based on your rhetoric. [Re: Coat Hanger] #2997013
08/15/19 05:17 PM
08/15/19 05:17 PM
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 3,538
Santucky, Ca
P
Phi1 Offline
Michael Peterson status
Phi1  Offline
Michael Peterson status
**
P

Joined: May 2002
Posts: 3,538
Santucky, Ca
Originally Posted by Coat Hanger
Originally Posted by Phi1
Originally Posted by Autoprax
Yeah, but how do you solve the problem?



End the drug war. Drugs won, we should admit defeat. Treat it as a medical issue, not a criminal one.

Stop using for profit prisons as sources of below minimum wage labor.

Prevent police forces from using citations to make up for budget shortages.

https://finesandfeesjusticecenter.org/articles/investigation-ferguson-police-department/

Quote

Between 2010 and 2014, the City of Ferguson issued 90,000 citations and summonses. Just 21,000 individuals call Ferguson home.

From 2012-14, 85% of people stopped, 90% of those who received a citation, and 93% of those arrested were black, whereas only 67% of Ferguson’s population is black. Black drivers were also twice as likely as whites to be searched during vehicle stops.

In 2014, 23% of Ferguson’s municipal budget was funded by fines and fees. City officials evaluated the performance of criminal justice actors based on the amount of revenue they produced.

A single missed, partial, or late payment could result in incarceration. Arrest warrants were used “almost exclusively” to coerce defendants into paying legal debt. The court refused to reduce or waive any outstanding payments even when defendants were jailed for their inability to pay. In fact, the court did not even record the amount of time a defendant spent incarcerated. As one court staffer said, “It’s only three days anyway.”



In America black people in primarily black areas are violent. Stop and frisk is a good and legitimate tool in these communities.


Shaking down poor people for money through petty citations doesn't seem to be correcting the issue.

If you have ants in your home do you just keep smashing them and hope you'll eventually get them all?

People with drug convictions have difficulty finding gainful employment. Even if one does, probably difficult to get to work on time if one is consistently stopped and frisked or pulled over "for swerving".

Just anecdotal examples of a complex issue. shrug

Re: Congratulations Democrats, gunmen are still targeting law enforcement based 100% based on your rhetoric. [Re: Coat Hanger] #2997021
08/15/19 05:27 PM
08/15/19 05:27 PM
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 23,852
Carlsbad
G
GDaddy Offline
Duke status
GDaddy  Offline
Duke status
**
G

Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 23,852
Carlsbad
When government uses the criminal justice system as a profit center that is as immoral as it gets. People should reject that.


#sowhat
Re: Congratulations Democrats, gunmen are still targeting law enforcement based 100% based on your rhetoric. [Re: Coat Hanger] #2997042
08/15/19 05:58 PM
08/15/19 05:58 PM
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 30,061
Vagina Point
A
Autoprax Offline
Duke status
Autoprax  Offline
Duke status
**
A

Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 30,061
Vagina Point


incompetence is preferable to malice.
Re: Congratulations Democrats, gunmen are still targeting law enforcement based 100% based on your rhetoric. [Re: Coat Hanger] #2997056
08/15/19 06:17 PM
08/15/19 06:17 PM
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 23,852
Carlsbad
G
GDaddy Offline
Duke status
GDaddy  Offline
Duke status
**
G

Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 23,852
Carlsbad
Businesses exist to run at a profit. Whether they're hauling trash or selling light bulbs. There is zero overlap between a privately owned ambulance company contracting to provide services for a city or county or state vs a government agency relying on fines and penalties to pay for government spending that is completely unrelated to their criminal justice operations.

You don't balance the books for your water department by extracting it from the public via traffic fines.


#sowhat
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32