REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Second Self Shape [Re: Aruka] #2996421
08/14/19 03:22 PM
08/14/19 03:22 PM
Torrance, CA
R
RattimusB Offline OP
Legend (inyourownmind)
RattimusB  Offline OP
Legend (inyourownmind)
R

Torrance, CA
Originally Posted by Aruka
Nice one Ratty-B. Shaping and surfing your own boards is the best feeling. I gotta get some blanks and shape a few more myself. Supposedly there is a kid up north who will glass them which was always the part I didn't like and usually botched.

Thanks Aruka! Have you been glassing your boards using poly resin? I'm not sure if it's just the epoxy I got but it's terrible to use. Might try poly next...just watching video and it looks like it saturates so much better all the way to the rails.

Re: Second Self Shape [Re: grendel95] #2996422
08/14/19 03:25 PM
08/14/19 03:25 PM
Torrance, CA
R
RattimusB Offline OP
Legend (inyourownmind)
RattimusB  Offline OP
Legend (inyourownmind)
R

Torrance, CA
Originally Posted by grendel95
Glad to see you're keeping the surf stoke alive!

Both boards look fun!

Thanks man! I'm trying but it's definitely hard being away from the water. Just been swimming everyday at the gym. Gotta find a way to get to the ocean more! Surfing any new boards?

Re: Second Self Shape [Re: RattimusB] #2996472
08/14/19 05:20 PM
08/14/19 05:20 PM
PNW
A
Aruka Online content
Miki Dora status
Aruka  Online Content
Miki Dora status
A

PNW
Originally Posted by RattimusB
Nice one Ratty-B. Shaping and surfing your own boards is the best feeling. I gotta get some blanks and shape a few more myself. Supposedly there is a kid up north who will glass them which was always the part I didn't like and usually botched.

Thanks Aruka! Have you been glassing your boards using poly resin? I'm not sure if it's just the epoxy I got but it's terrible to use. Might try poly next...just watching video and it looks like it saturates so much better all the way to the rails.

I haven't shaped/glassed a board in years but I always used epoxy. I think I just assumed it was less toxic and also more durable.

I will likely go UV Poly if I end up having to glass boards myself again.

Re: Second Self Shape [Re: Aruka] #2996716
08/14/19 11:14 PM
08/14/19 11:14 PM
Torrance, CA
R
RattimusB Offline OP
Legend (inyourownmind)
RattimusB  Offline OP
Legend (inyourownmind)
R

Torrance, CA
Originally Posted by RattimusB

I haven't shaped/glassed a board in years but I always used epoxy. I think I just assumed it was less toxic and also more durable.

I will likely go UV Poly if I end up having to glass boards myself again.

Did the epoxy saturate well for you? With one layer of 4oz or 6oz it saturated well but with two layers (4oz+4oz) I ended up with a lot of tiny bubbles. I used a good amount of resin too, I wasn't trying to skimp out.

Page 2 of 2 1 2