REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Ben Askren...done. [Re: tacos] #2982035
07/16/19 01:25 AM
07/16/19 01:25 AM
Location Location
Y
youcantbeserious Offline
Michael Peterson status
youcantbeserious  Offline
Michael Peterson status
Y

Location Location
Originally Posted by tacos

Can’t grab his gun if you pull spider guard first.

I have an immense amount of respect for BJJ practitioners, but it takes a special kind of delusion to believe you can prevail in a gunfight when you have no gun. By all means train, but don't drink the Kool-Aid.

I've been banned from better websites than this one.
Re: Ben Askren...done. [Re: surfinmofo] #2982245
07/16/19 11:33 AM
07/16/19 11:33 AM
Your moms house
D
Duffy Online content OP
Phil Edwards status
Duffy  Online Content OP
Phil Edwards status
D

Your moms house
Originally Posted by surfinmofo
Duffy, I'm just curious how long have you been training & what belt you are? I'm not fishing, just looking for some perspective. Thanks in advance.

8 years. Brown belt.

I also do wrestling and kickboxing.

Trained a TMA for about another 10 years.

No eternal reward will forgive us now for wasting the dawn

- The Wasp
Re: Ben Askren...done. [Re: youcantbeserious] #2982247
07/16/19 11:38 AM
07/16/19 11:38 AM
Your moms house
D
Duffy Online content OP
Phil Edwards status
Duffy  Online Content OP
Phil Edwards status
D

Your moms house
Originally Posted by youcantbeserious
Originally Posted by tacos

Can’t grab his gun if you pull spider guard first.

I have an immense amount of respect for BJJ practitioners, but it takes a special kind of delusion to believe you can prevail in a gunfight when you have no gun. By all means train, but don't drink the Kool-Aid.

I don’t know anyone who trains BJJ that believes that. jiu jitsu is effective in one on one, no weapons situations. And that depends on how you train.

If you just train to win competitions you’ll be harder beat up than an untrained person but anyone with some striking skills and rudimentary submission defense will be a problem.

No eternal reward will forgive us now for wasting the dawn

- The Wasp
Re: Ben Askren...done. [Re: Duffy] #2982406
07/16/19 04:10 PM
07/16/19 04:10 PM
R
rts265 Online content
Miki Dora status
rts265  Online Content
Miki Dora status
R

I love it.. training for 8 years and think you're invincible. a bigger reason I quit is not because of my neck, but the instagram and shaka culture that started, well with facebook and instagram.

I started traneing in 1995

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32