REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: The USA women's soccer team are such total bitches!!! [Re: casa_mugrienta] #2967424
06/13/19 01:02 PM
06/13/19 01:02 PM
Lahaina
L
LelandCuz Offline
Gerry Lopez status
LelandCuz  Offline
Gerry Lopez status
L

Lahaina
Originally Posted by casa_mugrienta
Abby Wambach and their coach Jill Ellis said something to the effect of:

"If it were a men's match we wouldn't even be having this conversation."

That's the truth.

Not true at all. I played in high school and college. If we got up 4-0 the coach would have us back off the attack and work on passing and control. If we did score again there wouldn't be celebrating. In a tournament where score matters we'd keep scoring but not celebrating each time. This conversation would be had at any level and either gender because the team displayed what is traditionally considered bad sportsmanship within this sport.

Keep the Country country
Re: The USA women's soccer team are such total bitches!!! [Re: LelandCuz] #2967431
06/13/19 01:10 PM
06/13/19 01:10 PM
Petak Island
C
casa_mugrienta Offline OP
Duke status
casa_mugrienta  Offline OP
Duke status
C

Petak Island
Originally Posted by LelandCuz

That's the truth.

Not true at all. I played in high school and college. If we got up 4-0 the coach would have us back off the attack and work on passing and control. If we did score again there wouldn't be celebrating. In a tournament where score matters we'd keep scoring but not celebrating each time. This conversation would be had at any level and either gender because the team displayed what is traditionally considered bad sportsmanship within this sport.

I'm just going by previous real life professional soccer examples and personal experience.

Q: Secret aspiration?
A: Buy Pezman's mag and turn it into a piece of crap.
Re: The USA women's soccer team are such total bitches!!! [Re: casa_mugrienta] #2967446
06/13/19 01:35 PM
06/13/19 01:35 PM
R
rts265 Offline
Miki Dora status
rts265  Offline
Miki Dora status
R

America First. What is wrong with the people who are complaining??

Re: The USA women's soccer team are such total bitches!!! [Re: Goodfish] #2967500
06/13/19 03:01 PM
06/13/19 03:01 PM
Rbeach
R
rowjimmytour Offline
Miki Dora status
rowjimmytour  Offline
Miki Dora status
R

Rbeach
Originally Posted by Goodfish
It's funny to me that most Americans still don't get the beautiful game. Maybe part of the reason is that you've named it all wrong?

F-O-O-T-B-A-L-L = a game played with a ball and YOUR FEET!

Still...

Basketball looks like a game of ping-pong on legs to me. "You get to score! You get to score! You get to score! EVERYONE GETS TO SCORE!"

American football looks and plays like a traffic jam.

And baseball looks more boring than cricket.

How about hockey which other countries play and has speed,.contact, defense, scoring, and the goals are not the size of the.side of a barn. Oh and most important anytime another player gets close the.dude(s) do not grab hamstring and look for a yellow card while crying shrug

There's a time to shit and a time for God
The last shit I took was pretty fooking' odd!
Re: The USA women's soccer team are such total bitches!!! [Re: Sharkbiscuit] #2967768
06/13/19 09:33 PM
06/13/19 09:33 PM
G
Goodfish Offline
Gerry Lopez status
Goodfish  Offline
Gerry Lopez status
G

Originally Posted by Sharkbiscuit
It's funny to me that most Americans still don't get the beautiful game. Maybe part of the reason is that you've named it all wrong?

F-O-O-T-B-A-L-L = a game played with a ball and YOUR FEET!

Still...

Basketball looks like a game of ping-pong on legs to me. "You get to score! You get to score! You get to score! EVERYONE GETS TO SCORE!"

American football looks and plays like a traffic jam.

And baseball looks more boring than cricket.

Yes, basketball is a fast-paced game kids can be expected to play and not get bored out of their minds. It also doesn't require wide-open green spaces and so is a perfect city game. I always thought, growing up, that only in America was soccer mostly a mass of idiots swarming around the ball in a blob with a couple sentient people who aren't complete potatoes playing something of a position and observing, to some extent, the offsides rule.

Boy was I wrong. I've seen enough pickup soccer in Latin America to know it's a f----n trainwreck as bad as any American soccer game, with all the ballhogging issues you can have in basketball.

Basketball is a much better pickup game. You can have a decent three on three half court game and run a legit game with five. Any soccer game with six to ten people is going to be GHEYEEEE

Football plays like a traffic jam if you play organized pad football and you're under 13, because it's the option and everyone except like two people is blocking or tackling and there's no passing or actual offensive scheme. Otherwise, it hasn't been a traffic jam for years now, especially at the pro level. It's much more passing-oriented.

Sandlot football, at least in Florida, isn't a traffic jam at all; it's essentially all passing unless you have some sort of pass rush rule.

Finally, men's soccer players are....generally turbo douches. The legit red carpet hair styling, the flopping, the woman pop star names. It's figure skating on grass basically.

Good and fair points. Especially the last one about the hair styles, etc. 'Figure skating on grass' does sound beautiful and poetic though. Also, kinda hints to the beautiful game's pinnacle of play - poetry in motion. Lot of idiots out there, lot of idiots out there in all sports...But there are still players who transcend - Messi, Zidane, Iniesta, and Ronaldinho are recent ones in football who spring to mind. Federer in Tennis, OK...I'm running out now, but you get the idea.

The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears or the sea.
Re: The USA women's soccer team are such total bitches!!! [Re: casa_mugrienta] #2967770
06/13/19 09:37 PM
06/13/19 09:37 PM
THE TERRORIST OF TERRAMAR
C
Coat Hanger Offline
Tom Curren status
Coat Hanger  Offline
Tom Curren status
C

Apparently the head cuntbag of team cuntbag is claiming sexism for any criticism of scoring 13 goals and celebrating every single one of them like they just won the second most irrelevant championship in all of sports...WNBA Championship with a stranglehold on first place.

Originally Posted By: StuAzole
The deference given to veterans is insane. They signed up, did their job and got paid for it. Fine.
Re: The USA women's soccer team are such total bitches!!! [Re: Goodfish] #2967776
06/13/19 09:39 PM
06/13/19 09:39 PM
C
Coat Hanger Offline
Tom Curren status
Coat Hanger  Offline
Tom Curren status
C

[quote=Sharkbiscuit][quote=Goodfish]It's funny to me that most Americans still don't get the beautiful game.

It's a game for the weak minded and simpletons. Soccer fans are like cats and laser pointers.

Originally Posted By: StuAzole
The deference given to veterans is insane. They signed up, did their job and got paid for it. Fine.
Re: The USA women's soccer team are such total bitches!!! [Re: casa_mugrienta] #2967810
06/13/19 10:26 PM
06/13/19 10:26 PM
NorCenCal
I
Iceman Online happy
Phil Edwards status
Iceman  Online Happy
Phil Edwards status
I

NorCenCal
I've tried watching soccer, but I can't. The amount of flopping is beyond atrocious. With the level of contact that sends players to the ground writhing in pain, I'm surprised they aren't flopping when they contact the ball with their feet.

Si se puede!
Re: The USA women's soccer team are such total bitches!!! [Re: casa_mugrienta] #2967813
06/13/19 10:31 PM
06/13/19 10:31 PM
Q
QuadFin Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)
QuadFin  Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)
Q

Hockey, guy in finals get broken jaw. Come back to sit on bench with team, same game and play next game.

Hockey > Soccer

x100000

Re: The USA women's soccer team are such total bitches!!! [Re: casa_mugrienta] #2967937
06/14/19 04:10 AM
06/14/19 04:10 AM
Neck deep
H
HarryLopez Offline
Phil Edwards status
HarryLopez  Offline
Phil Edwards status
H

Neck deep
Originally Posted by the janitor
Originally Posted by the janitor
I heard a report saying some of the US fans felt "uncomfortable" as Thailand was relentlessly pummeled.

lol...what pathetic times we live in.

That's the truth.

Nope

I didn't see this match so can't directly comment. It's rough when you get a blowout going because you can't sub off many players so.. you have to seriously rein it in. Which they should have done. This would have been a monstrous statistical outlier on the men's side as well.

List of major blowouts in men's soccer.

Lots of celebrating from the players.

And the fans loved it.

https://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2016/05/the-10-biggest-blowouts-in-international-soccer.html

roflmao those are all either World Cup qualifiers or a Copa America game - during WWII

the qualifier stage is bloodsport compared to the actual Cup, but there were a few of those that likely involved copious payoffs

Whatever the case , most of those were from the 1980s to the 2000s and the teams kept on celebrating.

And it's still bad sportmanship. Going off of what fanatic sports fans and overpayed athletes think? Most fans love it because they are graduated hacks at said sport and are making up for their lack of skill/talent/work ethic by being the most obnoxious fan possible. Of course they like bad sportmanship, it's right in their wheelhouse.

I appreciate great talent and well played sports, and professional sports blows goats because it reveals the absolute worst parts of sports.

I knew my eggs was headed for dat big omelette in da sky!
Re: The USA women's soccer team are such total bitches!!! [Re: casa_mugrienta] #2967943
06/14/19 04:23 AM
06/14/19 04:23 AM
NOC
L
laidback Offline
Kelly Slater status
laidback  Offline
Kelly Slater status
L

NOC

Nobody surfs here anymore..........it's too crowded
Women have zero ability to self-analyze when it comes to nagging