REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: National Parks Quietly Toss Signs Saying Glaciers ‘Will Be Gone’ By 2020 [Re: Surfdog] #2967294
06/13/19 02:30 AM
06/13/19 02:30 AM
In Gods Country
C
CharmingSophisticate Offline
Duke status
CharmingSophisticate  Offline
Duke status
C

In Gods Country
Originally Posted by Surfdog
Originally Posted by Autoprax
Loving this sign Gotcha!

Geological time makes bitches of us all.

Exactly. Climate Changes are on geological time, not blink of an eye modern human time.

We have accurate climate histories of maybe 100 years or so. That's a micro-second in earths climate history.

AGW Wizards have predicted all kinds of catastrophic sci-fi outcomes for the last 30-40+ years, but they are still no where to be found.

We've been propagandized and conditioned to believe all extreme weather "events" are due to AGW now. Pounding it in day after day.

We can't see a extreme flood, drought, heat wave, storm or snow event without thinking "it basically human's fault", especially in the recent decades of Al Gore indoctrinated youth and young adults. Never mind we've had much worse 100's of years ago. They've learned more about AGW than math, REAL science and history. If they bothered to do the math on the hyped up AGW claim outcomes, they might realize it's all computer modeled BS (glorified guesses), with very little real world to back it up. Virtual Reality weather/climate outcomes.

And when predictions fail? So what. How can you scrutinize or be skeptical of the potential death of all human life as we know it due to adverse weather conditions as soon as 2030. How DARE you! You must hate the environment and want children/grandchildren to suffer in endless heat waves, floods, hurricanes, tornadoes, and all that goes with them. Just give us more money and restrict your hedonistic freedoms, and we'll fix it. Trust us drowning.

Meanwhile, this has created a new religion for the Godless.

"...now tell me that wasn't fun!" Capt. Jack Aubrey
Re: National Parks Quietly Toss Signs Saying Glaciers ‘Will Be Gone’ By 2020 [Re: squidley] #2967366
06/13/19 10:19 AM
06/13/19 10:19 AM
West of the Atlantic. East of...
G
GromsDad Offline
Duke status
GromsDad  Offline
Duke status
G

West of the Atlantic. East of...
In case you haven't noticed, membership in the Climate Cult has been quickly surpassed by the TDS Cult.

“I always thank God I didn't go to film school because I would have learned that I couldn't be doing what I've been doing already.” - Bruce Brown,
Re: National Parks Quietly Toss Signs Saying Glaciers ‘Will Be Gone’ By 2020 [Re: squidley] #2967400
06/13/19 12:29 PM
06/13/19 12:29 PM
Vagina Point
A
Autoprax Offline
Duke status
Autoprax  Offline
Duke status
A

Vagina Point
Your slanting makes people take what you say less seriously.

Are you trying to communicate or vent?

If it's just venting, keep slanting.

A threat response is a potent trigger for motivated reasoning.

"People who are right a lot listen a lot, and they change their mind a lot. . . . . They wake up and reanalyze things and change their mind. If you don't change your mind frequently, you're going to be wrong a lot."
Re: National Parks Quietly Toss Signs Saying Glaciers ‘Will Be Gone’ By 2020 [Re: GromsDad] #2967606
06/13/19 04:42 PM
06/13/19 04:42 PM
San Francisco, CA
M
Mr Doof Offline
Duke status
Mr Doof  Offline
Duke status
M

San Francisco, CA
Originally Posted by GromsDad
Aging nuke plants all over the globe are a bigger threat than climate ever could be.

I don't think so.

They can be safely decommissioned by dropping in the control rods, then hauling the core to a secure facility to be recycled into something better, like the next generation nuke reactor.

Not doing it right would be incredibly short sighted for that country, their people, and their neighbors.

Re: National Parks Quietly Toss Signs Saying Glaciers ‘Will Be Gone’ By 2020 [Re: GromsDad] #2967748
06/13/19 08:51 PM
06/13/19 08:51 PM
S
squidley Offline OP
Miki Dora status
squidley  Offline OP
Miki Dora status
S

Originally Posted by GromsDad
In case you haven't noticed, membership in the Climate Cult has been quickly surpassed by the TDS Cult.

What does total dissolved solids have to do with this?

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32