REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 12 1 2 10 11 12
Re: Biden ticket [Re: patrolman] #2967814
06/13/19 10:32 PM
06/13/19 10:32 PM
B
BillyOcean Offline
Tom Curren status
BillyOcean  Offline
Tom Curren status
B

I listen to NPR on a daily basis

If you’re not a brainwashed zombie, the bias is quite in your face

Next time listen to Steve Inskeep, Rachel Martin, etc lose his/her/they shit when on the rare occasion they interview a non doctrinaire leftist

It’s quite amusing to hear the super calm NPR voice flip into hysteria in the face of apostasy

Re: Biden ticket [Re: BillyOcean] #2967832
06/13/19 11:23 PM
06/13/19 11:23 PM
your mom
F
FecalFace Online happy
Duke status
FecalFace  Online Happy
Duke status
F

your mom
Originally Posted by BillyOcean

Next time listen to Steve Inskeep, Rachel Martin, etc lose his/her/they shit when on the rare occasion they interview a non doctrinaire leftist

It’s quite amusing to hear the super calm NPR voice flip into hysteria in the face of apostasy

Your idea of bias is somebody reporting on a stupid, ridiculous thing that Trump himself has done.

"The real enemy are the (gun) manufactures of your toys and the NRA. They play on your fear to steal your money." - ifallalot / 2014
Re: Biden ticket [Re: FecalFace] #2967833
06/13/19 11:26 PM
06/13/19 11:26 PM
B
BillyOcean Offline
Tom Curren status
BillyOcean  Offline
Tom Curren status
B

Originally Posted by FecalFace

Your idea of bias is somebody reporting on a stupid, ridiculous thing that Trump himself has done.

You’re like one of those zombies who runs fast instead of the loping kind

Re: Biden ticket [Re: FecalFace] #2967920
06/14/19 03:05 AM
06/14/19 03:05 AM
cold
T
trevorbc Offline
Michael Peterson status
trevorbc  Offline
Michael Peterson status
T

cold

I have to agree with this. Whenever NPR’s supposed bias has come up on this forum I have listened intently to make sure I wasn’t missing it and yes there have been times when they have reported on what Trump has said. But...he did say what they are reporting. I saw the video on other stations. When you come from Fox and they ignore most of what he says I suppose you could see this as bias. But did he say it or not? Again, facts would be uncomfortable for someone who generally dwells in the right wing echo chamber. Even if you don’t like what someone is saying is what they are saying factual or not?

I turned on NPR tonight to do some research and they were talking about summertime gardening. The program is called “Maine Calling.” One of the guests claimed dogwood trees don’t do well in Maine. Libtard. Their federal funding should be pulled immediately.

Last edited by trevorbc; 06/14/19 03:08 AM. Reason: Word choice
Re: Biden ticket [Re: trevorbc] #2967923
06/14/19 03:33 AM
06/14/19 03:33 AM
cold
T
trevorbc Offline
Michael Peterson status
trevorbc  Offline
Michael Peterson status
T

cold
There was once actually that I can think of where I picked up on some bias. The show “Wait Wait Don’t Tell Me.” There was some ridicule of Trump, that made me a little uncomfortable. Yes the show is supposed to be comedy, but I doubt they would have gone after Obama like that. If I was a first time conservative listener I think that moment would have confirmed all I had been told about NPR by Rush et al. Thing is, 30 minutes later was a very interesting piece on junk in space and the potential consequences. Point being: NPR isn’t comparable to other “news” sources. Conservatives that tune it out because of a perceived bias are missing out on a lot of interesting programming.

Re: Biden ticket [Re: patrolman] #2967947
06/14/19 04:38 AM
06/14/19 04:38 AM
your mom
F
FecalFace Online happy
Duke status
FecalFace  Online Happy
Duke status
F

your mom
Calling something ridiculous that Trump said ridiculous is not bias.

Billy would like for media to ignore Trump's Twitter feed, which is how he chooses to communicate with the press and the people.

Why?

"The real enemy are the (gun) manufactures of your toys and the NRA. They play on your fear to steal your money." - ifallalot / 2014
Re: Biden ticket [Re: FecalFace] #2967993
06/14/19 10:46 AM
06/14/19 10:46 AM
West of the Atlantic. East of...
G
GromsDad Offline
Duke status
GromsDad  Offline
Duke status
G

Billy would like for media to ignore Trump's Twitter feed, which is how he chooses to communicate with the press and the people.

Why?

Twitter is not how he communicates WITH the press. Its how he BYPASSES the press. Its politically brilliant and its a big part of why the press hates him so much.

“I always thank God I didn't go to film school because I would have learned that I couldn't be doing what I've been doing already.” - Bruce Brown,
Re: Biden ticket [Re: trevorbc] #2967995
06/14/19 10:49 AM
06/14/19 10:49 AM
G
GromsDad Offline
Duke status
GromsDad  Offline
Duke status
G

Originally Posted by trevorbc
There was once actually that I can think of where I picked up on some bias. The show “Wait Wait Don’t Tell Me.” There was some ridicule of Trump, that made me a little uncomfortable. Yes the show is supposed to be comedy, but I doubt they would have gone after Obama like that. If I was a first time conservative listener I think that moment would have confirmed all I had been told about NPR by Rush et al. Thing is, 30 minutes later was a very interesting piece on junk in space and the potential consequences. Point being: NPR isn’t comparable to other “news” sources. Conservatives that tune it out because of a perceived bias are missing out on a lot of interesting programming.

Bias aside......what interesting programming? It might be a good network to fall asleep to if you have insomnia issues. Is there a network requirement that all hosts have to have boring mono-tone voices and speak like they are in a library?

“I always thank God I didn't go to film school because I would have learned that I couldn't be doing what I've been doing already.” - Bruce Brown,
Re: Biden ticket [Re: GromsDad] #2968060
06/14/19 02:21 PM
06/14/19 02:21 PM
your mom
F
FecalFace Online happy
Duke status
FecalFace  Online Happy
Duke status
F

your mom
Originally Posted by GromsDad

Why?

Twitter is not how he communicates WITH the press. Its how he BYPASSES the press. Its politically brilliant and its a big part of why the press hates him so much.

Okay so if press reports on the stupid and insane shit he tweets, this is bias?

Communicating through Twitter is not brilliant, it's a way for him to avoid the real questions people who he represents want the answers to. It's maybe brilliant for his narcissistic personality disorder because his ego comes out unscathed.

And communicating to his minions in 140 characters or less has got to be the stupidest and laziest way to communicate for the leader of the Free world ever.

Re: Biden ticket [Re: ElOgro] #2968062
06/14/19 02:27 PM
06/14/19 02:27 PM
Jacksonville Beach
S
Sharkbiscuit Offline
Phil Edwards status
Sharkbiscuit  Offline
Phil Edwards status
S

Jacksonville Beach
Originally Posted by ElOgro
Originally Posted by Sharkbiscuit
Originally Posted by mundus
Originally Posted by Sharkbiscuit
Originally Posted by bird.
That's true, but they also present facts in as unbiased a way as any other media outlet out there for their straight news coverage. Seriously, is there another outlet that's better overall when it comes just to the news reporting part of things?

Ye olde chart has AP, Reuters, and Bloomberg outranking NPR. I'd rather read their stuff than listen to NPR. Of course I'd rather listen to Rush Limbaugh than listen to NPR.

Sarcasm? If not, it just proves dishonest partisanship(Limbaugh) doesn't bother you.

I find NPR to be unlistenable. It's so boring and monotonous it sucks the life force out of me. It's like everything bad about Amber Heard, without the incredible looks. Honestly I think Limbaugh can occasionally be funny - he's much funnier to me than that Crowder (for the 30 seconds I could stand him).

You have been posting here for over a year now. Have you not figured out that I'm pretty staunchly on team libcuck? I mean GDaddy, ifallalot, moogsies, Surfdog...I mean literally JEwing, GromsDad, and BillyOcean have sorted this one out.

My erBB handle is Sharkbiscuit. I'm left-leaning. We can do this the easy way, wherein you stop jumping every single person who isn't all DailyKos all the time or, we can do it the hard way. This will involve me giving ifallalot the rest of the day off, and instead, removing your head, and dumping nutloads down your neck on a postly basis.

Unwad your pantaleta and take your ilking like a man. dancing

Shut it or I'm bringing the Israeli women's longboard team there to teach you, afoaf, and mapache a new definition of pain and suffering as your wavecount is slowly digested over a period of 1000 thoughtless drop ins.

"Can you ask if she'll blow me too?" - Autoprax
Re: Biden ticket [Re: patrolman] #2968068
06/14/19 02:37 PM
06/14/19 02:37 PM
Santa Barbara County
E
everysurfr Online content
Michael Peterson status
everysurfr  Online Content
Michael Peterson status
E

Santa Barbara County
NPR is completely biased.

Every day a story on the world about some poor immigrant from some third world country trying to survive, and the only guest expert is an advocate for said immigrant.

Non biased news is equal coverage to both sides of an argument. There never has been, nor will there ever be a story on workers compensation fraud, where some poor business owner had to let all his workers go because his insurance premium was 50% of the wage paid.

NPR will have lots of stories about a poor homeless man who can't find a job because he has a substance abuse issue, or no fixed address. There will never be a story about an employer who gives said homeless guy a chance, and then said homeless guy threatens violence because he is reprimanded for being constantly hours late for work in the morning.

These stories are true. Anybody ever want to interview me?

*** You are ignoring this user ***
That is why I hate them for their stupidity. They were so close to greatness and squandered it.
https://forum.surfer.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2934578&page=3
Re: Biden ticket [Re: everysurfr] #2968074
06/14/19 02:50 PM
06/14/19 02:50 PM
your mom
F
FecalFace Online happy
Duke status
FecalFace  Online Happy
Duke status
F

your mom
Yeah factual stories about actual humans is left wing bias.

Re: Biden ticket [Re: everysurfr] #2968226
06/14/19 06:17 PM
06/14/19 06:17 PM
LA
B
bird. Offline
Phil Edwards status
bird.  Offline
Phil Edwards status
B

LA
Originally Posted by everysurfr