REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Topic Options
#2912904 - 02/13/19 08:31 AM Re: what criteria went into purchasing your last board? [Re: Topeslide]
rts265 Online   content
Miki Dora status

Whatever slaters riding

#2913022 - 02/13/19 01:45 PM Re: what criteria went into purchasing your last board? [Re: Topeslide]
bird. Offline
Phil Edwards status

Loc: LA
Originally Posted By: Topeslide
Originally Posted By: bird.
Wanted a version of my favorite LA point break board tweaked for south bay beach breaks.

Like this one?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BsqSBDvHot5/

Nope. Much shorter.

#2913036 - 02/13/19 02:09 PM Re: what criteria went into purchasing your last board? [Re: Topeslide]
obslop Offline
Phil Edwards status

Loc: san diego, CA
last "impulse buy" was 5 years ago - i saw a dream catcher in xtr and it looked sweet so i ordered a custom from roberts. still have and ride that board.

other than that i custom ordered an arakawa HPSB and a tokoro grovel shortboard - still have both and surf 'em.

i think that a lot of people (and definitely those here) go through way too many boards way too fast. i still love surfing all three of these boards.
Just a man and his will to survive

#2913050 - 02/13/19 02:27 PM Re: what criteria went into purchasing your last board? [Re: obslop]
rowjimmytour Offline
Miki Dora status

Loc: Rbeach
Needed new log to replace scott anderson 9' nose rider decided to go 8' and go 5 fin ewing CB custom just to try something new and plus I log almost always at local beachbreak. I wanted board to trim and nose ride still I was not looking to shortboard on a log so I went s glass 6/6 top and 6 bottom and for strength and board life I went epoxy on pu.

#2913054 - 02/13/19 02:30 PM Re: what criteria went into purchasing your last board? [Re: obslop]
rowjimmytour Offline
Miki Dora status

Loc: Rbeach
Originally Posted By: obslop
last "impulse buy" was 5 years ago - i saw a dream catcher in xtr and it looked sweet so i ordered a custom from roberts. still have and ride that board.

other than that i custom ordered an arakawa HPSB and a tokoro grovel shortboard - still have both and surf 'em.

i think that a lot of people (and definitely those here) go through way too many boards way too fast. i still love surfing all three of these boards.

+1 cheers
I have a healthy quiver of custom CFT Stretch boards and one heavily used F4 still works great as travel step up board.

#2913198 - 02/13/19 06:25 PM Re: what criteria went into purchasing your last board? [Re: Topeslide]
NinjaPete Offline
Grom

My last board specifically I was looking for something I can paddle out to a reef that is almost a mile out from shore. So a good amount of length and buoyancy was first criteria, then performance characteristics.

#2913205 - 02/13/19 06:47 PM Re: what criteria went into purchasing your last board? [Re: Topeslide]
crotchgrab Offline
Nep status

Wanted a board for knee to waist high beach break with steep transitions. So I bought what turned out to be a great shape for just that.

#2913328 - 02/14/19 12:16 AM Re: what criteria went into purchasing your last board? [Re: ifallalot]
paunch23 Offline
Gerry Lopez status

Loc: Rep. of Panama, La Barqueta, D...
Originally Posted By: ifallalot
I told averagejoe I wanted a quad fish.

I rode my friends and was blown away. so winged quadfish on the way.
56x20.5👌🏻

Criteria? - More and more foam = more speed for my shttyass beachbreak so i can run away from the closeouts😂

Edited by paunch23 (02/14/19 12:18 AM)

#2913344 - 02/14/19 03:37 AM Re: what criteria went into purchasing your last board? [Re: crotchgrab]
SharkBoy Offline
Miki Dora status

Originally Posted By: crotchgrab
Wanted a board for knee to waist high beach break with steep transitions. So I bought what turned out to be a great shape for just that.

can't just leave it like that, what did you get?

#2913380 - 02/14/19 09:45 AM Re: what criteria went into purchasing your last board? [Re: Topeslide]
richfs Offline
Grom

Marketing HYPE.

im a sucker.

#2913444 - 02/14/19 12:12 PM Re: what criteria went into purchasing your last board? [Re: Topeslide]
nightfly Offline
Michael Peterson status

Had a used, USA made custom Hypto in stock 5'6 dims, snapped it. Went out and bought a GSI version off the rack in same dims next day. Still have it, still love it. Would buy another, US made GSI or otherwise. The board just works for me.

Edited by nightfly (02/14/19 12:13 PM)

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3