REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: The real solution to the Border [Re: frvcvs] #2901945
01/21/19 10:33 PM
01/21/19 10:33 PM
Australia
Z
Zander Offline
Nep status
Zander  Offline
Nep status
Z

Australia
Originally Posted By: frvcvs
The real solution is imprisoning individuals and shutting down businesses that employ undocumented immigrants. Make it not worth their while. Take away the opportunity and you'll see border crossing grind to halt. Combine that with beefed up patrols along the border. The technology is already there. Unarmed drones with infrared cameras have no problem spotting people passing through the desert. And streamline the asylum process so those coming here for humanitarian reasons don't have to go to extremes like dragging their families through the desert.

Along with this stop the ability to transfer money to Mexico. Many people come here and send money via western union to their families in Central America and Mexico. This is a major economic drain and outflow of cash. If heads of families couldnt transfer their money back home they wouldnt come to America solo. Would be better to have the cash spent on US soil.

Last edited by Zander; 01/21/19 10:34 PM.
Re: The real solution to the Border [Re: Zander] #2901953
01/21/19 11:00 PM
S
StuAzole Offline
Tom Curren status
StuAzole  Offline
Tom Curren status
S

Originally Posted By: Zander
The real solution is imprisoning individuals and shutting down businesses that employ undocumented immigrants. Make it not worth their while. Take away the opportunity and you'll see border crossing grind to halt. Combine that with beefed up patrols along the border. The technology is already there. Unarmed drones with infrared cameras have no problem spotting people passing through the desert. And streamline the asylum process so those coming here for humanitarian reasons don't have to go to extremes like dragging their families through the desert.

Along with this stop the ability to transfer money to Mexico. Many people come here and send money via western union to their families in Central America and Mexico. This is a major economic drain and outflow of cash. If heads of families couldnt transfer their money back home they wouldnt come to America solo. Would be better to have the cash spent on US soil.

I love it when sarcasm is lost...

How would you stop these transactions, exactly?

Bock you
Re: The real solution to the Border [Re: Zander] #2901954
north of the bridge
T
the janitor Offline
Rabbitt Bartholomew status
the janitor  Offline
T

north of the bridge
I'm trying to think of any historic examples where the ruling government instituting capital controls was a good thing. I'm not coming up with any..

Re: The real solution to the Border [Re: the janitor] #2901956
01/21/19 11:07 PM
01/21/19 11:07 PM
Australia
Z
Zander Offline
Nep status
Zander  Offline
Nep status
Z

Australia
Originally Posted By: the janitor
I'm trying to think of any historic examples where the ruling government instituting capital controls was a good thing. I'm not coming up with any..

We already have capital controls, I cant transfer money to North Korea or similar places...I am not saying I support doing this but all of the solo migration would dry up if this was done.

Re: The real solution to the Border [Re: Zander] #2901958
01/21/19 11:09 PM
01/21/19 11:09 PM
in the bathroom
M
manbearpig Offline
Tom Curren status
manbearpig  Offline
Tom Curren status
M

in the bathroom

Theres zero reason anyone should be allowed to send THEIR money to family or loved ones outside the US

Re: The real solution to the Border [Re: Zander] #2901959
01/21/19 11:10 PM
01/21/19 11:10 PM
S
StuAzole Offline
Tom Curren status
StuAzole  Offline
Tom Curren status
S

We already have capital controls, I cant transfer money to North Korea or similar places...I am not saying I support doing this but all of the solo migration would dry up if this was done.

But how would you implement this so only illegals were banned? Or would you rather just bar all Americans from sending money to Central America? That may not be great for our economy lol.

Bock you
Re: The real solution to the Border [Re: manbearpig] #2901960
01/21/19 11:14 PM
01/21/19 11:14 PM
S
StuAzole Offline
Tom Curren status
StuAzole  Offline
Tom Curren status
S

Originally Posted By: manbearpig

Theres zero reason anyone should be allowed to send THEIR money to family or loved ones outside the US

And just like North Zkorea, its be totally impossible to get money back home because there is no way to actually drive to Mexico and then come back! And forget using the mail. And no way some figures out how to exploit such a ban usuing crypto currency. I mean, no way!

Bock you
Re: The real solution to the Border [Re: manbearpig] #2901963
01/21/19 11:21 PM
01/21/19 11:21 PM
HB, CA
I
ifallalot Online sick
Duke status
ifallalot  Online Sick
Duke status
I

HB, CA
Originally Posted By: manbearpig

Yup

MUELLER IS COMING batman
Re: The real solution to the Border [Re: Zander] #2901967
01/21/19 11:26 PM
01/21/19 11:26 PM
north of the bridge
T
the janitor Offline
the janitor  Offline
T

north of the bridge

OK, fair point, though this is typically done because the regime in question are deemed scumbags, not the citizens.

Tell you what, if you lump in Canada I'm willing to get on board.

Re: The real solution to the Border [Re: the janitor] #2901968
01/21/19 11:29 PM
01/21/19 11:29 PM
B
BillyOcean Offline
Tom Curren status
BillyOcean  Offline
Tom Curren status
B

Agree

This is Brazilian shithole-esque

Just prevent illegals from entering

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32