REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Topic Options
#2899453 - 01/16/19 06:31 PM Re: Have any of you gentleman ever fought a stop sign citation in court? [Re: FecalFace]
casa_mugrienta Offline
Duke status

Loc: Kek Point
Originally Posted By: FecalFace
Originally Posted By: SBSteve
Originally Posted By: ocean7847
You're going to lose.

Did I save you some time?

Just go in, ask for a reduced fine, and plea for mercy from the Court - the traffic commissioners will usually hook it up (in my JX anyway). They much prefer that to the kind of argument are you bringing to the table.

I'm a little late to the game, but...
Listen to this guy, he knows of what he speaks.

BUT HE DIDN'T DO IT

COP MADE IT UP

rofl

For the record Faecal believes the cops are always right and always tell the truth.

"Lots of trigger points up the pooper.
If they are causing the problem, realeasing them will help
I tried to talk my PT into doing it." -Autoprax

#2899483 - 01/16/19 07:22 PM Re: Have any of you gentleman ever fought a stop sign citation in court? [Re: FecalFace]
Duffy Online   content
Miki Dora status

Loc: Your moms house
Originally Posted By: Duffy
I once fought a stop sign.

Basically this thread:

I got in more shots than that but basically the same outcome.

- The Wasp

#2899484 - 01/16/19 07:28 PM Re: Have any of you gentleman ever fought a stop sign citation in court? [Re: casa_mugrienta]
FecalFace Offline
Duke status

Loc: down der by the harbor
Originally Posted By: casa_mugrienta
You're going to lose.

Just go in, ask for a reduced fine, and plea for mercy from the Court - the traffic commissioners will usually hook it up (in my JX anyway). They much prefer that to the kind of argument are you bringing to the table.

BUT HE DIDN'T DO IT

COP MADE IT UP

rofl

For the record Faecal believes the cops are always right and always tell the truth.

You came to a complete stop? Pulled a parking brake?

Look, everybody rolls stop signs sometimes and some get caught.

You got caught. shrug

#2899494 - 01/16/19 07:44 PM Re: Have any of you gentleman ever fought a stop sign citation in court? [Re: FecalFace]
casa_mugrienta Offline
Duke status

Originally Posted By: casa_mugrienta
You're going to lose.

BUT HE DIDN'T DO IT

COP MADE IT UP

rofl

You came to a complete stop? Pulled a parking brake?

Look, everybody rolls stop signs sometimes and some get caught.

You got caught. shrug

I stopped. Complete stop.

Like I said, unless he has x-ray vision there is no way he even saw my vehicle, or the line, as 95% of the line is not viewable due to the wall.

There was a quota make, and after the ticket I watched him continue to make it. Fast and easy.

Last time I had a ticket, interestingly enough, was the last day of the month as well. The CHP cop said he saw me put on my seatbelt on, and he was giving me a ticket because that means I didn't have it on prior. roflmao

That one was thrown out.

I didn't even have to tell the judge about how he was screaming at me to put my window down further and after I refused, tried to rip open my passenger door. Fcking whackjob.

#2899853 - 01/17/19 02:21 PM Re: Have any of you gentleman ever fought a stop sign citation in court? [Re: casa_mugrienta]
LiamUnknown Offline
Nep status

Another tip is to request an initial continuance before filing your trial by written dec. Then a week before your continued date, file the trial by written dec.

The longer you drag it out the worse the cops recollection will be and the less likely he'll respond.

#2899862 - 01/17/19 02:30 PM Re: Have any of you gentleman ever fought a stop sign citation in court? [Re: LiamUnknown]
Mr Doof Offline
Duke status

Loc: San Francisco, CA
I get not wanting to pay, but by dragging things out, it introduces more stress into one's life and it also makes the system work more, and the more the system has to work, the more the rest of us have to pay for it.

Want a lean, efficient govt? Stop requiring/making it do extra things.

#2899916 - 01/17/19 03:21 PM Re: Have any of you gentleman ever fought a stop sign citation in court? [Re: casa_mugrienta]
000 Offline
Duke status

did cop have a chest camera on that saw u stop completely?

#2899974 - 01/17/19 04:29 PM Re: Have any of you gentleman ever fought a stop sign citation in court? [Re: 000]
casa_mugrienta Offline
Duke status

Originally Posted By: 000
did cop have a chest camera on that saw u stop completely?

Unless it was an xray camera that sees through cement and stucco, no.

#2900202 - 01/18/19 02:13 AM Re: Have any of you gentleman ever fought a stop sign citation in court? [Re: casa_mugrienta]
Ch-ch-ch-cheeeeeto Offline
Michael Peterson status

LiamUnknown is correct. Ocean7847 is probably also correct, but you should proceed as if he's wrong for now.

You want to do a trial by written declaration. If you do, the cop has to also give evidence in writing. Cops hate paperwork. If he doesn't bother writing it up, you win automatically as long as you don't do something stupid like admit sufficient evidence of guilt in your own declaration.

Also, if you lose a TWD, you can request an in person trial and get a do-over.

#2900663 - 01/18/19 08:53 PM Re: Have any of you gentleman ever fought a stop sign citation in court? [Re: casa_mugrienta]
HarryLopez Offline
Phil Edwards status

Loc: Neck deep
If your time was that valuable, you are already losing money reading and writing responses to this thread.

The police officer just won twice.

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32