REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Topic Options
#2901371 - 01/20/19 02:39 PM Re: FCS “freedom” leash. [Re: Clamsmasha]
surfercross Offline
Grom

Its the worst leash I have ever owned. Still gets tangled around my feet.

#2901629 - 01/21/19 02:01 AM Re: FCS “freedom” leash. [Re: Clamsmasha]
tedshred Offline
Nep status

I bought one and it did the stretch out thing where it seems like the inner urethane cord pulls out of the rail saver but is still connected by the outer cord that is now hollow. Returned it and the same thing happened again. Also the rail saver plastic piece is enormous and I can feel its drag when I'm paddling. Seems like zero R&D went into this piece of poop.

Edited by tedshred (01/21/19 02:01 AM)

#2901937 - 01/21/19 05:09 PM Re: FCS “freedom” leash. [Re: Clamsmasha]
Goodfish Offline
Gerry Lopez status

Sounds like exactly what happened to mine.

#2901989 - 01/21/19 07:30 PM Re: FCS “freedom” leash. [Re: Goodfish]
Oeste858 Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)

Loc: San Diego, CA
Originally Posted By: Goodfish
The replacement they sent me just suffered the same fate as the first. Had about 20 surfs with it. Nothing much above head-high. Nothing super heavy. Stretched thin by around 15cm closest to the leash plug. DO NOT BUY THIS JUNK!

Same. Loved the idea of a lighter thinner leash, but appears to be Form over Function. They certainly won't get many repeat buyers.
At least they replaced yours once!

#2904078 - 01/25/19 08:24 PM Re: FCS “freedom” leash. [Re: Clamsmasha]
Goodfish Offline
Gerry Lopez status

They've said they'll replace my second Freedom leash that got stretched. I've told them I just want one of the original leashes. Freedom leashes are junk, junk, junk!

They now serve as two mini washing lines on my terrace...

#2904103 - 01/25/19 09:52 PM Re: FCS “freedom” leash. [Re: Clamsmasha]
Racer1 Online   content
Phil Edwards status

Loc: Honolulu, Hawaii
That was the worst part about my experience with the leash. Now I just have this pile of plastic with no real use. I don't want to throw it in the trash, so it was my dogs toy for awhile. Now I use it to pull plants / trees in my yard in the right direction.

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5