REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 259 of 259 1 2 257 258 259
Re: Tomo MPH [Re: VaB] #2980693
07/13/19 04:53 AM
07/13/19 04:53 AM
The OC
J
J_D_J Offline
Michael Peterson status
J_D_J  Offline
Michael Peterson status
J

The OC
Second that. I really liked Carvers and AMs in Tomos. Upright thrusters were hot and cold for me.

Re: Tomo MPH [Re: Oceanslide] #2980735
07/13/19 11:57 AM
07/13/19 11:57 AM
Palm Coast , Florida
G
Greg Griffin Offline
Duke status
Greg Griffin  Offline
Duke status
G

Palm Coast , Florida
"They're good boards.

Do all of them work for everyone? Hell no.

Same can be said of CIs, Rustys, Pyzels, Losts, Greg Griffins boards (*gasp*) or any of a 1000 shapers/designers/board brands."

I spend up to 10 hours a board getting it to the customer as designed , I can adjust fins upon customer feedback if needed .

I dont think anyone is willing to do this .

Steve has no respect for hard work and doing extra it appears .

Steve really liked the 5 fin I made him , The polycarbonate FCS plugs blew up on him - they were faulty and Kelly was used as the promoter " Colors" !!

Such is this surf culture .

Re: Tomo MPH [Re: VaB] #2980758
07/13/19 01:01 PM
07/13/19 01:01 PM
Your moms house
D
Duffy Online content
Phil Edwards status
Duffy  Online Content
Phil Edwards status
D

Your moms house
A friend of mine rode Tomos for awhile. He even sort of “introduced” the Vanguard at the Rincon Classic a few years back. He stopped riding them because (as he said) there were significant differences in performance from one board to the next. Same model, same dims, totally different feel.

PS: these were not Firewires.

Last edited by Duffy; 07/13/19 01:02 PM.

No eternal reward will forgive us now for wasting the dawn

- The Wasp
Re: Tomo MPH [Re: Duffy] #2980849
07/13/19 04:04 PM
07/13/19 04:04 PM
California
D
deforest Offline
Nep status
deforest  Offline
Nep status
D

California
Originally Posted by Duffy
A friend of mine rode Tomos for awhile. He even sort of “introduced” the Vanguard at the Rincon Classic a few years back. He stopped riding them because (as he said) there were significant differences in performance from one board to the next. Same model, same dims, totally different feel.

PS: these were not Firewires.
Is your “friend” Tom Curren?

Instagram: @deforestcooper
Re: Tomo MPH [Re: VaB] #2980852
07/13/19 04:11 PM
07/13/19 04:11 PM
California
D
deforest Offline
Nep status
deforest  Offline
Nep status
D

California
Originally Posted by Havoc4k
Originally Posted by deforest
This may have been a topic already discussed on another thread, but since it had to do with Tomo designs I am posting in this thread.

What fins do you guys use in Tomo boards?

I just lost my front right AM fin (landed on the board and the fin popped out foreheadslap stupid FCS2) so I'm thinking about replacing just that fin or just getting a new set of fins.

I remember JKB saying he uses the reactors in his Gmm2 a lot; so i was thinking about getting those.The Simon Anderson thrusters look good. The Kolohe's look good too. I have the powerdrive fins that work really well, but I was interested in seeing what other fins have worked for people in Tomo designs. Any advice would be great -- thanks.

which boar?

i like the medium carverz in my tomoz
Vader, Omni and OB1. I’m looking for some fins for those boards. I usd to ride the AM front with carver rears and that worked well. But I wanna try something different. Maybe I’ll pick up a full set of carvers. I’m really leaning towards the reactors. Anyone have any good luck with the reactors?

Instagram: @deforestcooper
Re: Tomo MPH [Re: VaB] #2980920
07/13/19 07:37 PM
07/13/19 07:37 PM
San Diego, CA
O
Oeste858 Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)
Oeste858  Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)
O

San Diego, CA
the AMs have a smaller trailing fin, right? I believe the newer grey Reactors have that too. I have the older purple ones which are all same size.
Well, I'm sure you realize, but Reactor is upright, while Carver is raked, so will give you very different feeling through turns. Not sure how you can be deciding between those two... maybe you should look at something in the middle, like the Performer. The Reactors are a good fin for "pivot", and even with the looseness of the Tomo tails, I still feel like I need all the help I can in whipping the board around through turns, so prefer Reactor/Performer to the fins with more rake like the Carver. But everyone has their own preferences and it sounds like some like the balance the Carvers bring to a Tomo. I have a thruster set of Accelerators I save for my step up/bigger days when I want more drive to draw out my turns- and those are as raked as I'd want to go. Carvers don't really appeal to me.
I save the Powerdrive fins for the small days, as I found them to mess with timing/flow when it's waist high and above.
I like Reactors or Performers for GMM2, Evo, Omni. I don't have Reactor rears, so I use the fronts and Performer rears as a quad in Cymatic / SP2.
Just my 2 cents through my own experimentation. YMMV.

Re: Tomo MPH [Re: VaB] #2980967
07/14/19 01:13 AM
07/14/19 01:13 AM
California
D
deforest Offline
Nep status
deforest  Offline
Nep status
D

California
Thanks Erik. Very helpful! wink