REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Topic Options
#827626 - 03/31/06 10:05 AM crazy fish! what does this do?
surfnli Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)

#827627 - 03/31/06 10:50 AM Re: crazy fish! what does this do? [Re: surfnli]
SB_surfer Offline
Michael Peterson status

Loc: land of flat points
Sways thread.

That's a recent topic on swaylocks, and towards the end SrPato states "Here's what I did with mine to cut out that slippery/sliding feeling. Works great! The trailer fins are 2" trailers that Clyde Beatty Jr. uses on his Tigerfish. They're FCS single plugs that are really easy to install."

and his board:

board pic

#827628 - 04/01/06 07:47 AM Re: crazy fish! what does this do? [Re: SB_surfer]
denis85 Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)

Loc: Les Sables d'Olonne, France
Wow...Some single fins were "bonzerified" and now we see twinnies being "twinzerified" !
That's nice, but in the Sway thread some guys also seem to have severely "pluggyfied" boards...

... or do they suffer from the "drill-a-hole-plant-a-plug" syndrom ??

#827630 - 04/01/06 09:05 AM Re: crazy fish! what does this do? [Re: ]
dk Offline
Rabbitt Bartholomew status

Loc: Leucadia
Quote:

Global Glassing! My brother works there.

dont badmouth companies like that!

#827631 - 04/01/06 09:21 AM Re: crazy fish! what does this do? [Re: SB_surfer]
stu dog Offline
Duke status

Loc: CA
Quote:

Sways thread.

That's a recent topic on swaylocks, and towards the end SrPato states "Here's what I did with mine to cut out that slippery/sliding feeling. Works great! The trailer fins are 2" trailers that Clyde Beatty Jr. uses on his Tigerfish. They're FCS single plugs that are really easy to install."

and his board:

board pic

this is my brother's board which I've been riding for a while. he added the plugs maybe 4 years ago. Haven't tried using the outter plugs to make it a a quad set up.

#827632 - 04/01/06 11:10 AM Re: crazy fish! what does this do? [Re: surfnli]
i_shapes Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)

Quote:

Those look like little baby LokBoxes. JJR, dude, can I get me a set of those things?

#827633 - 04/01/06 11:50 AM Re: crazy fish! what does this do? [Re: i_shapes]
JJR Offline
Duke status

Loc: Cyclist hell
They are available through Rainbow and are called the C-5 lokboxes. We are also now making glass twinzer fins for these boxes. If you order them through Rainbow you must specify which fins you want(C-5 molded sets or glass twinzer sets).

#827634 - 04/01/06 12:00 PM Re: crazy fish! what does this do? [Re: JJR]
i_shapes Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)

Will they fit the regular size lokboxes as well? And what's the size difference between the c-5 fins and the twinzer fins?

#827635 - 04/01/06 09:40 PM Re: crazy fish! what does this do? [Re: i_shapes]
BassExcellante Offline
Gerry Lopez status

Loc: EAST COAST, FL, MI
fin fins everywhere