REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Read b4 smoking in Nicaragua / Notes on Nica's Drug Law #779019
01/16/06 12:19 AM
01/16/06 12:19 AM
S
soulxcon Offline OP
Grom
soulxcon  Offline OP
Grom
S

How fast can u go from paradise to real-deal hell in Nicaragua?...in a blink of an eye...In fact, I never saw it coming...but when it hit me, I was already neck-deep in a big pile of nightmarish shite.

Here are some basic facts...

1) In Nica, you can buy more than 20 grams of weed for less than US$ 6 dollars... dirt weed, yes...cheap and lots of it...
2) Now to the real interesting part...do u know how much dirt weed do pig COPS have to find on you to treat you and process u like a f*cking narco dealer, 5 grams and over...a US$ 1.5 dollar value of weed and you can spend up to 10 years in jail, without bail ...are u kidding me??!!!...did you know that 10 years in jail is what an actual dealer would get in Nicaragua for having more than a 100 crack rocks on him, and that's an ugly fact right there...by Nica law, a weed smoker/consumer and a crack dealer are the SAME...
3) Get caught with less than 5 grams of weed on you and you will get 5+ creepy nights in a detention cell waiting for an audience, so a judge can give u a fault notice and a record...
4) Do u guys know how a detention cell looks like in Nicaragua...small, dark, very dark, dirty, concrete beds, no toilet, just a hole to piss and sh*t, forget bout shower, just a hole to piss and sh*t, it's ALL a hole of piss and sh*t...
5) Do u know how many reasons do Nica pig COPS need to take u down from your car and do a full-on search on you and your car...none, in fact, all you need is to carry surfboards on top of your ride and that will more than stimulate them.
6) The truth is that Nica COPS earn too little, sweat all day, and hate relaxed looking people with tans and smiles on their faces. If they have a chance, they will be more than glad to f*ck u up.

I know I am no criminal...I know you guys arent criminals either...I know weed is not a hard drug...I know it's all about having fun and relaxing...I know weed took away my hang-overs and aches when i needed it...I know weed don't produce chemical dependency...I knew I could control it...but now I also know I can't control the system...I know I cant change the law from where Im standingand I know the Nica System doesn't understand me, or u, or weed for that matter. If you come to Nica, be aware of all I just told u and take care...because seriously, it is just not worth it...your whole life can turn into a living hell...in a blink of an eye...a red eye.

Re: Read b4 smoking in Nicaragua / Notes on Nica's Drug Law [Re: soulxcon] #779020
01/16/06 01:42 AM
01/16/06 01:42 AM
CBS, CA
J
john4surf Offline
Phil Edwards status
john4surf  Offline
Phil Edwards status
J

CBS, CA
Probably a good post to put in the hard cover magazine for young (and old) surfers to read. Once you leave the US border you wander into entirely different 'justice' systems and our government has no responsibility to helping an 'offender' try to make bail or get out.

Re: Read b4 smoking in Nicaragua / Notes on Nica's Drug Law [Re: soulxcon] #779021
01/16/06 02:35 PM
01/16/06 02:35 PM
nicaragua
H
hugh Offline
Grom
hugh  Offline
Grom
H

nicaragua
Having lived in Nicaragua and traveled extensively through Central America, I know it is risky to disobey laws, regardless of your opinion abouth whether or not they should be legal.

You are ignorant and foolish, and you are lucky you didn't get worse treatment. One should always know, follow, and respect local laws and if one chooses not to, be prepared to face the consequences.

Anyone know what costa rica's drug laws are? [Re: hugh] #779022
01/25/06 06:56 PM
01/25/06 06:56 PM
C
clevelandsteamer Offline
Grom
clevelandsteamer  Offline
Grom
C

There seemed to be alot of open usage and availablility everywhere I went

Re: Read b4 smoking in Nicaragua / Notes on Nica's Drug Law [Re: hugh] #779023
02/10/06 02:02 PM
02/10/06 02:02 PM
Dogshit Beach
D
dirtyhouse777 Offline
Gerry Lopez status
dirtyhouse777  Offline
Gerry Lopez status
D

Dogshit Beach
Quote:

You are ignorant and foolish, and you are lucky you didn't get worse treatment. One should always know, follow, and respect local laws and if one chooses not to, be prepared to face the consequences.

that's the truth. when i was a smoker, as hard as it was i always steered clear and usually smoked only on an invite from locals. silly gringos in mex, el salvador, costa rica, nicaragua, etc almost deserve the treatment they get. and many of the horror stories (not all) in those countries are due to gringo stupidity.

Re: Read b4 smoking in Nicaragua / Notes on Nica's Drug Law [Re: soulxcon] #779024
04/24/06 07:14 PM
04/24/06 07:14 PM
ventura
D
djviking Offline
Grom
djviking  Offline
Grom
D

ventura
Good info Soul. ***** these puritans that say you deserved it ...dj

Re: Read b4 smoking in Nicaragua / Notes on Nica's Drug Law [Re: hugh] #779025
04/25/06 01:23 PM
04/25/06 01:23 PM
S
sinbad Offline
Michael Peterson status
sinbad  Offline
Michael Peterson status
S

Quote:

Having lived in Nicaragua and traveled extensively through Central America, I know it is risky to disobey laws, regardless of your opinion abouth whether or not they should be legal.

The person in jail in Nicaragua for smoking weed is NOT lucky. Weed is illegal almost everywhere, and unless you've NEVER smoked weed, or NEVER broken a similarly minor law, then you are the lucky one, not him.
To the dude in jail, great post, thanks for the heads up. Hope you get out soon. Bummer.

Moderated by  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32