REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Best shoulder therapy exercises? [Re: GromsDad] #2942993
04/17/19 02:29 AM
04/17/19 02:29 AM
Vagina Point
A
Autoprax Offline
Duke status
Autoprax  Offline
Duke status
A

Vagina Point
I liked that video./

I wonder if you could do the same thing wit the hips?

I bet.

incompetence is preferable to malice.
Re: Best shoulder therapy exercises? [Re: GromsDad] #2943017
04/17/19 03:30 AM
04/17/19 03:30 AM
Southern Tip, Norcal
H
heelnipstr Online content
Miki Dora status
heelnipstr  Online Content
Miki Dora status
H

Southern Tip, Norcal
This works for the hips also can be used for any aerial erotic auto asphyxiation actives.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iv_Sk-PmOE

If you see a Buddha in the road, ask which gender pronouns they prefer and then kill them.
Re: Best shoulder therapy exercises? [Re: GromsDad] #2943097
04/17/19 10:54 AM
04/17/19 10:54 AM
West of the Atlantic. East of...
G
GromsDad Offline OP
Duke status
GromsDad  Offline OP
Duke status
G

I was having a problem with my right hip for quite a long time. Hurt to even sit on a surfboard. Two things fixed it.

1. Using the inner thigh machine at the gym. Doing this got rid of about 3/4 of the pain I'd been having. As the muscles around the hip got stronger I think the hip stayed in position in the socket better.
2. Laying on top of a tennis ball on the floor and moving my weight around so that the tennis ball finds all of the pain spots around the hip and upper thigh. Once I find a good pain spot I'll put my weight on it until it releases.

What's the difference between conservatives and liberals?

Conservatives get angry when you lie to them. Liberals get angry when you tell
them the truth.
Re: Best shoulder therapy exercises? [Re: heelnipstr] #2943100
04/17/19 10:59 AM
04/17/19 10:59 AM
G
GromsDad Offline OP
Duke status
GromsDad  Offline OP
Duke status
G

Originally Posted by heelnipstr
This removed shoulder pain for me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8RmajuI8g8

Hanging helped my shoulders tremendously. At first I couldn't even hold half of my body weight due to the pain. Probably took six months before I could comfortably take my feet off the floor. I still probably couldn't do the rocking side to side thing he does in that video. When I'm done hanging I have to carefully lower my arms because a few times when bringing my arms back down something pinched or clicked and it created a setback.

them the truth.
Re: Best shoulder therapy exercises? [Re: SurfDoc] #2944881
04/22/19 04:42 AM
04/22/19 04:42 AM
THE TERRORIST OF TERRAMAR
C
Coat Hanger Offline
Tom Curren status
Coat Hanger  Offline
Tom Curren status
C

Last edited by Coat Hanger; 04/22/19 04:43 AM.

Originally Posted By: StuAzole
The deference given to veterans is insane. They signed up, did their job and got paid for it. Fine.
Re: Best shoulder therapy exercises? [Re: GromsDad] #2952125
05/09/19 12:43 PM
05/09/19 12:43 PM
S
SharkBoy Offline
Miki Dora status
SharkBoy  Offline
Miki Dora status
S

Originally Posted by GromsDad
Post em up. Working hard to come back from shoulder and hip problems. Got the hip pretty much resolved but the shoulder is still nagging a little. Been working hard in the weight room 4-5 days a week for two months, dropped a few pounds and gotten much much stronger. Still feeling shoulder impingement going on.....now I think because of my work in the weight room pulling my shoulders forward. Think I just need to balance things out a bit. Looking for what works.

All the rotator cuff excercises I did about 10-12 years ago made my shoulders way worse

Been doing snatches and overhead squats the last 3 years and all problems are gone.

I'm no doctor, but my hypothesis is that you pump those muscles out of proportion when you isolate them, over head barbell excercises strengthen the shoulders with what they are meant for....stability:
https://youtu.be/9xQp2sldyts
"<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/9xQp2sldyts" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>"

Last edited by SharkBoy; 05/09/19 12:43 PM.

Like a blind man at an orgie, I was gonna have to feel my way around.
Re: Best shoulder therapy exercises? [Re: GromsDad] #2953132
05/12/19 03:39 PM
05/12/19 03:39 PM
G
GromsDad Offline OP
Duke status
GromsDad  Offline OP
Duke status
G

I'm 49. Between hip and shoulder issues and the fear of ever hurting my back.....I wouldn't try to do the Snatch on a bet.

them the truth.
Re: Best shoulder therapy exercises? [Re: GromsDad] #2953298
05/13/19 04:09 AM
05/13/19 04:09 AM
C
Coat Hanger Offline
Tom Curren status
Coat Hanger  Offline
Tom Curren status
C

I'm 49. Between hip and shoulder issues and the fear of ever hurting my back.....I wouldn't try to do the Snatch on a bet.

I wouldn't recommend them for anyone in their late 30's or later but the benefits of increased strength on joint pain is undeniable.

The deference given to veterans is insane. They signed up, did their job and got paid for it. Fine.
Re: Best shoulder therapy exercises? [Re: SharkBoy] #2953300
05/13/19 04:12 AM
05/13/19 04:12 AM
C
Coat Hanger Offline
Tom Curren status
Coat Hanger  Offline
Tom Curren status
C

Originally Posted by SharkBoy
Post em up. Working hard to come back from shoulder and hip problems. Got the hip pretty much resolved but the shoulder is still nagging a little. Been working hard in the weight room 4-5 days a week for two months, dropped a few pounds and gotten much much stronger. Still feeling shoulder impingement going on.....now I think because of my work in the weight room pulling my shoulders forward. Think I just need to balance things out a bit. Looking for what works.

All the rotator cuff excercises I did about 10-12 years ago made my shoulders way worse

Been doing snatches and overhead squats the last 3 years and all problems are gone.

I'm no doctor, but my hypothesis is that you pump those muscles out of proportion when you isolate them, over head barbell excercises strengthen the shoulders with what they are meant for....stability:
"<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/9xQp2sldyts" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>"

You can't isolate muscles....which is why the imbalance garbage is just silly bullshit. You can be inefficient, which non compound movements are, and do things that are outright bad for soft tissues, like rotator cuff exercises which you've experienced.

Re: Best shoulder therapy exercises? [Re: Coat Hanger] #2953328
05/13/19 08:56 AM
05/13/19 08:56 AM
S
SharkBoy Offline
Miki Dora status
SharkBoy  Offline
Miki Dora status
S

Originally Posted by Coat Hanger
Originally Posted by SharkBoy

You can't isolate muscles....which is why the imbalance garbage is just silly bullshit. You can be inefficient, which non compound movements are, and do things that are outright bad for soft tissues, like rotator cuff exercises which you've experienced.

makes sense, thanks.

Like a blind man at an orgie, I was gonna have to feel my way around.
Re: Best shoulder therapy exercises? [Re: GromsDad] #2957263
05/21/19 05:07 PM
05/21/19 05:07 PM
P
patrolman Online content
Miki Dora status
patrolman  Online Content
Miki Dora status
P

Anybody know of PT's in the LA area, preferably South Bay, specialized in surfers with shoulder/neck issues?

Re: Best shoulder therapy exercises? [Re: GromsDad] #2996217
08/13/19 09:35 PM
08/13/19 09:35 PM
Leucadia
B
b.r. Offline
Miki Dora status
b.r.  Offline
Miki Dora status
B

Leucadia
I built an outdoor pull up bar so I can do the static hang, its kind of painful actually after about 30 seconds but I feel like it is helping with the impingement in my right shoulder, I feel like my cortisone shot from May is wearing off so I have been doing some PT at home, yoga, acupuncture, and swimming, I'm also surfing every other day instead of daily like i usually do when i'm off for the summer.

I still suffer from a weird pain that shoots down both my elbows and into my fingers some times, its kind of random but surfing and carrying a longboard on these small days definitely triggers it. years ago my xray or mri i cant remember which showed that it was related to my spinal issues (stenosis). cool thing is my back doesn't hurt at all anymore as my wife made us get a temperpedic bed and I sleep on my side with a pillow between my knees so theres that.. the worse part of shoulder issues is you lose so much paddling power, i missed, been pitched, or pulled back on some good waves over the last couple years,

Re: Best shoulder therapy exercises? [Re: GromsDad] #2996282
08/14/19 12:56 AM
08/14/19 12:56 AM
G
GromsDad Offline OP
Duke status
GromsDad  Offline OP
Duke status
G

the worse part of shoulder issues is you lose so much paddling power, i missed, been pitched, or pulled back on some good waves over the last couple years,

Yep. I can distance paddle at a moderate pace just fine. I'll take a longboard out and paddle a mile no problem. Sprint paddling on the other hand and digging hard to get into a wave that's throwing I've lost a step or two and am at the point where for me to ride a shortboard I need a wave that lets you in easy.

them the truth.
Re: Best shoulder therapy exercises? [Re: GromsDad] #2996310
08/14/19 02:37 AM
08/14/19 02:37 AM
Vagina Point
A
Autoprax Offline
Duke status
Autoprax  Offline
Duke status
A