REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Oversized hydronaut or Padillac? [Re: cdes] #2995962
08/13/19 03:49 PM
08/13/19 03:49 PM
PNW
A
Aruka Offline
Miki Dora status
Aruka  Offline
Miki Dora status
A

PNW
Hope she goes well for you cdescheers

Re: Oversized hydronaut or Padillac? [Re: Oeste858] #2997597
08/17/19 03:01 AM
08/17/19 03:01 AM
C
Ch-ch-ch-cheeeeeto Offline
Michael Peterson status
Ch-ch-ch-cheeeeeto  Offline
Michael Peterson status
C

Originally Posted by Oeste858
6'8" Rusty Blackbird is a perfect stepup for SD/Mex. Paddles great. I got mine last winter after being way-undergunned during that massive DOH December swell at Garbage in The Cliffs. Got tossed around and had one of those panicked moments where I truly regretted being out there on a 5'11", and said never again.

I took my 6'8" out to Ab on that swell. Sets were hitting south of the main peak and way outside in the DOH+ range and cranking on through. A lot of people learned the "foam is your friend" lesson the hard way that day. I saw about 25 people make it into what they thought was the lineup, and 23 walking back up the trail with barely-wet 6'0"s and tails between their legs ten minutes later. Two of us made it out to the actual peak: me and a kid on an 8'0". I was the only one that caught anything and got a completely solo session for most of the afternoon.

Even the 6'8" could have used some more foam. I would have been happy with a 7'0" or even 7'4-7'6". I got washed through a couple times and had to paddle back out from the channel south of Newbreak.

I was stoked until I heard that some of the LJ reefs were all-time that day and I made the wrong call.

all i ever wanted in life was a consistent 6-10 foot righthand barrel
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3