REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Who's been on a Mentawai's boat trip?? [Re: Drumsurf] #2996060
08/13/19 05:21 PM
08/13/19 05:21 PM
C
cdes Offline
Nep status
cdes  Offline
Nep status
C

Also - Check with people that have actually been on the boat youre considering. There were some guys we talked to on other boats who were pretty bummed at the food on their boat, or really lack thereof. The captains answer was for them to catch more fish. All kinds of characters out there. D'Bora was great for food and Addiction was good also from what I heard from my pal. I'd also try to find a boat with a large shaded outdoor space to hang out on, rest and watch your friends get waves. There is a lot of downtime out there while your body is recuperating. Its nice to hang out in the shade.

Re: Who's been on a Mentawai's boat trip?? [Re: Drumsurf] #2996322
08/14/19 03:08 AM
08/14/19 03:08 AM
Beach
D
Drumsurf Offline OP
Gerry Lopez status
Drumsurf  Offline OP
Gerry Lopez status
D

Beach
Thanks All.

Re: Who's been on a Mentawai's boat trip?? [Re: Drumsurf] #2998225
08/19/19 10:16 AM
08/19/19 10:16 AM
S
shaheeb Offline
Grom
shaheeb  Offline
Grom
S

my first thought is it was effin crowded in september and wouldnt go back. went on the melaluecca there was brazzo boats, saffa boats, etc blah blah. insta crowds anytime a new boat shows up. even your boat. 12 guys just like that, but if you know them all and you take turns, it could be a completely diff killer experience.

its all about sharing and the right attitude and your pace. Not sure how you are going to figure out who the skippers are or if they are good or not? good lukk

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32