REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 14 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14
Re: Democrats "Call Everyone and Everything Racist" 2020 Election Strategy? [Re: trevorbc] #2994132
08/08/19 04:14 PM
08/08/19 04:14 PM
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 34,578
your mom
F
FecalFace Offline
Duke status
FecalFace  Offline
Duke status
**
F

Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 34,578
your mom
Originally Posted by trevorbc
So now I'm someone that "is quick to call out racism?" Yeah, I walk around all day looking for instances of racism and I call it out. I haven't even participated much on any of the racism threads. You guys love to take one example and use it for your hyperbolic declarations.

Casa is most interested in a semantics war. Casa's main point is that everyone claiming racism is using the wrong word. Okay

What is birtherism? Just xenophobic? Why is someone xenophobic? So if someone is xenophobic they can only be that one thing? Is it not logical to think that if someone is a xenophobe they are probably racist too?

Casa, is it racist or just ignorant to say that most black people speak Ebonics? How many black people live in Africa? Are they all speaking Ebonics? I personally wouldn't mimic Ebonics because I don't want to insult anyone and come off like a racist asshol. You seem to want to say that you shouldn't be able to mimic Ebonics because technically that wouldn't meet your definition of racism. Okay, drive to a black neighborhood, get out, and walk around mimicking Ebonics. It would be hilarious to hear your semantics lesson as you are getting the shit beat out of you.

"So what about a white person mimicking ebonics (i.e. the way most black people talk.)?

Racist?"



Very well said but will probably go on deaf ears.


Just a reminder....

Caca and others went on for 15 pages defending Trump's Muslin ban as not being racist because Muslins are not a race.

This is what you're dealing with. 100% semantics.

I often ask them to give us a name for that behavior, since they don't like words such as racism and xenophobia.

I'm happy to use any word Caca wants.

I got nothing.

So the only conclusion we can draw is that they don't think there's anything wrong with that kind of behavior.

Otherwise they would give us a name for it.

Re: Democrats "Call Everyone and Everything Racist" 2020 Election Strategy? [Re: grapedrink] #2994136
08/08/19 04:18 PM
08/08/19 04:18 PM
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,214
cold
T
trevorbc Offline
Michael Peterson status
trevorbc  Offline
Michael Peterson status
**
T

Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,214
cold
Originally Posted by grapedrink
Quote
Yeah, I walk around all day looking for instances of racism and I call it out

I don't think that you do personally, although there are droves of people who do. Many of them of the millennial and younger generations, and many of them are white as well. They are regularly finding obscure ways of justifying how something is tangentially racist in some cryptic way, then blowing it out of proportion as if the offender is the 2nd coming of Hitler. It's tiring. There are tons of examples of this, and people end up losing their jobs and other things important to them in the process.

Those types of people would have a lot more credibility if they focused on pointing out actual examples of racism.


I haven't really seen that these people exist. I'm sure there are examples of people like this but is it really all that common? When my mother said something racist I didn't claim she was hitler or even had a malicious or bone in her body. On that one topic she had a blind spot and was a little ignorant. I chalked it up to her age. Yeah some self righteous kid could have attacked her for it. That would be wrong and obnoxious. Try educating rather than demonizing.

Re: Democrats "Call Everyone and Everything Racist" 2020 Election Strategy? [Re: FecalFace] #2994140
08/08/19 04:27 PM
08/08/19 04:27 PM
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,214
cold
T
trevorbc Offline
Michael Peterson status
trevorbc  Offline
Michael Peterson status
**
T

Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,214
cold
Originally Posted by FecalFace
Originally Posted by trevorbc
So now I'm someone that "is quick to call out racism?" Yeah, I walk around all day looking for instances of racism and I call it out. I haven't even participated much on any of the racism threads. You guys love to take one example and use it for your hyperbolic declarations.

Casa is most interested in a semantics war. Casa's main point is that everyone claiming racism is using the wrong word. Okay

What is birtherism? Just xenophobic? Why is someone xenophobic? So if someone is xenophobic they can only be that one thing? Is it not logical to think that if someone is a xenophobe they are probably racist too?

Casa, is it racist or just ignorant to say that most black people speak Ebonics? How many black people live in Africa? Are they all speaking Ebonics? I personally wouldn't mimic Ebonics because I don't want to insult anyone and come off like a racist asshol. You seem to want to say that you shouldn't be able to mimic Ebonics because technically that wouldn't meet your definition of racism. Okay, drive to a black neighborhood, get out, and walk around mimicking Ebonics. It would be hilarious to hear your semantics lesson as you are getting the shit beat out of you.

"So what about a white person mimicking ebonics (i.e. the way most black people talk.)?

Racist?"



Very well said but will probably go on deaf ears.


Just a reminder....

Caca and others went on for 15 pages defending Trump's Muslin ban as not being racist because Muslins are not a race.

This is what you're dealing with. 100% semantics.

I often ask them to give us a name for that behavior, since they don't like words such as racism and xenophobia.

I'm happy to use any word Caca wants.

I got nothing.

So the only conclusion we can draw is that they don't think there's anything wrong with that kind of behavior.

Otherwise they would give us a name for it.


According to Casa he isn't an ashole because technically his entire being isn't the rim of an anus. Nope, he's still an ashole.

Re: Democrats "Call Everyone and Everything Racist" 2020 Election Strategy? [Re: grapedrink] #2994145
08/08/19 04:32 PM
08/08/19 04:32 PM
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 57,238
HB, CA
I
ifallalot Online sick
Duke status
ifallalot  Online Sick
Duke status
**
I

Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 57,238
HB, CA
Originally Posted by grapedrink
Quote
Yeah, I walk around all day looking for instances of racism and I call it out

I don't think that you do personally, although there are droves of people who do. Many of them of the millennial and younger generations, and many of them are white as well. They are regularly finding obscure ways of justifying how something is tangentially racist in some cryptic way, then blowing it out of proportion as if the offender is the 2nd coming of Hitler. It's tiring. There are tons of examples of this, and people end up losing their jobs and other things important to them in the process.

Those types of people would have a lot more credibility if they focused on pointing out actual examples of racism.

And if they were consistent in applying what is racism to everyone.

The cheap definition that people use about racism being based on power is only an excuse for hypocrisy. I mean, we have someone here saying that whites talking like blacks is racist while the opposite is not. Clown world


My entire existence is a failed gotcha
Re: Democrats "Call Everyone and Everything Racist" 2020 Election Strategy? [Re: trevorbc] #2994148
08/08/19 04:40 PM
08/08/19 04:40 PM
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 57,238
HB, CA
I
ifallalot Online sick
Duke status
ifallalot  Online Sick
Duke status
**
I

Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 57,238
HB, CA
Originally Posted by trevorbc
What is birtherism? Just xenophobic? Why is someone xenophobic? So if someone is xenophobic they can only be that one thing? Is it not logical to think that if someone is a xenophobe they are probably racist too?

This is where you're wrong and it is affecting every other conclusion that you're taking from here.

Thinking someone is racist just because they are a Birther or xenophobic is a baseless assumption, especially when the term xenophobic is thrown around at anyone who simply wants to have strong border security and less immigration, both of which are logical and somewhat justified positions to have. Most of those people don't want immigrants regardless of what color their skin is. The race of Obama's father is more incidental to the Birtherism movement, and isn't necessarily racist. Birtherism is retarded, so it is easier to apply racist tendencies to Birthers, but even the heart of the movement isn't based in race, it is based on the question of where Obama was born.


My entire existence is a failed gotcha
Re: Democrats "Call Everyone and Everything Racist" 2020 Election Strategy? [Re: FecalFace] #2994159
08/08/19 04:49 PM
08/08/19 04:49 PM
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 15,114
Oceanside,CA
S
Surfdog Offline
Duke status
Surfdog  Offline
Duke status
**
S

Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 15,114
Oceanside,CA
White Supremacist is the new Racist. White Supremacist = Nazi

This is where White Privilege taught in academia has taken us.


Surf 'em if you got 'em
Re: Democrats "Call Everyone and Everything Racist" 2020 Election Strategy? [Re: ifallalot] #2994181
08/08/19 05:17 PM
08/08/19 05:17 PM
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,214
cold
T
trevorbc Offline
Michael Peterson status
trevorbc  Offline
Michael Peterson status
**
T

Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,214
cold
Originally Posted by ifallalot
Originally Posted by trevorbc
What is birtherism? Just xenophobic? Why is someone xenophobic? So if someone is xenophobic they can only be that one thing? Is it not logical to think that if someone is a xenophobe they are probably racist too?

This is where you're wrong and it is affecting every other conclusion that you're taking from here.

Thinking someone is racist just because they are a Birther or xenophobic is a baseless assumption, especially when the term xenophobic is thrown around at anyone who simply wants to have strong border security and less immigration, both of which are logical and somewhat justified positions to have. Most of those people don't want immigrants regardless of what color their skin is. The race of Obama's father is more incidental to the Birtherism movement, and isn't necessarily racist. Birtherism is retarded, so it is easier to apply racist tendencies to Birthers, but even the heart of the movement isn't based in race, it is based on the question of where Obama was born.


I think it is your logic that is wrong and affecting all of your conclusions. The major piece you are missing is intent. Wanting stronger boarder security because you think it is important to know who crosses our boarders =/= xenophobia. Wanting stronger boarder security because you don't want anymore brown people coming to your town = racism and xenophobia. The argument all goes back to Trump and his intent. There is a long list of actions and words to look at to draw conclusions about his intent. It comes off as racist and xenophobic. You can argue with the sky all day about the technical definitions but a large amount of the country has come to this conclusion.

We can extend this discussion to your conclusions about the birther movement. It is disingenuous to say the heart of the movement was based on where he was born. Again lets look at intent. Why was where he was born ever questioned in the first place? Why wasn't there the same movement on the right against Ted Cruz? (actually not born here) Why aren't Trump and the Birthers looking into where Biden was born? You are denying reality and trying to make technical and semantic excuses for racists and xenophobes.

Re: Democrats "Call Everyone and Everything Racist" 2020 Election Strategy? [Re: trevorbc] #2994191
08/08/19 05:31 PM
08/08/19 05:31 PM
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 34,578
your mom
F
FecalFace Offline
Duke status
FecalFace  Offline
Duke status
**
F

Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 34,578
your mom
To add to that very well written post, Trump explicitly called Mexican immigrants rapists and murderers.

Trump explicitly called African countries shitholes and asked why don't we have more immigrants from Norway.

He told four women of color to go back where they came from, one of whom was born in Africa. The oldest racist trope in history of racism.

He wanted to ban Muslims, which was decidedly unconstitutional but was passionately defended by ifailalot, GDaddy and Caca.

We keep hearing about "incompatible cultures" (all brown or black)

There are many more instances of this kind of behavior amongst Trump and his supporters.

Let's say the R word and the X word are verboten by the snowflakes.

What do we call that?




Re: Democrats "Call Everyone and Everything Racist" 2020 Election Strategy? [Re: trevorbc] #2994205
08/08/19 05:51 PM
08/08/19 05:51 PM
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 57,238
HB, CA
I
ifallalot Online sick
Duke status
ifallalot  Online Sick
Duke status
**
I

Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 57,238
HB, CA
Originally Posted by trevorbc
Originally Posted by ifallalot
Originally Posted by trevorbc
What is birtherism? Just xenophobic? Why is someone xenophobic? So if someone is xenophobic they can only be that one thing? Is it not logical to think that if someone is a xenophobe they are probably racist too?

This is where you're wrong and it is affecting every other conclusion that you're taking from here.

Thinking someone is racist just because they are a Birther or xenophobic is a baseless assumption, especially when the term xenophobic is thrown around at anyone who simply wants to have strong border security and less immigration, both of which are logical and somewhat justified positions to have. Most of those people don't want immigrants regardless of what color their skin is. The race of Obama's father is more incidental to the Birtherism movement, and isn't necessarily racist. Birtherism is retarded, so it is easier to apply racist tendencies to Birthers, but even the heart of the movement isn't based in race, it is based on the question of where Obama was born.


I think it is your logic that is wrong and affecting all of your conclusions. The major piece you are missing is intent. Wanting stronger boarder security because you think it is important to know who crosses our boarders =/= xenophobia. Wanting stronger boarder security because you don't want anymore brown people coming to your town = racism and xenophobia. The argument all goes back to Trump and his intent. There is a long list of actions and words to look at to draw conclusions about his intent. It comes off as racist and xenophobic. You can argue with the sky all day about the technical definitions but a large amount of the country has come to this conclusion.

We can extend this discussion to your conclusions about the birther movement. It is disingenuous to say the heart of the movement was based on where he was born. Again lets look at intent. Why was where he was born ever questioned in the first place? Why wasn't there the same movement on the right against Ted Cruz? (actually not born here) Why aren't Trump and the Birthers looking into where Biden was born? You are denying reality and trying to make technical and semantic excuses for racists and xenophobes.

You're still doing it

People aren't opposed to immigration because they don't want "Brown" people in their town. They don't want immigration because they don't want competition for resources. Pro-immigration people don't have a good argument for why competition is good, so they just say that people are xenophobic, and of course, racist. Since you're so sure that people are against immigration because of racism, please explain the myriad of Latinos who are against immigration. The reason why anti-immigration views get framed as racist is more of the Left's overarching narrative that they are good and the Right is evil.

Why wasn't there a movement against Ted Cruz (who actually shouldn't be allowed to be President)? Became Birtherism is a right wing movement and Ted Cruz is on the right. The Right is not above hypocrisy either. As to Biden? He doesn't have a parent that was a foreign citizen. But like I said, there's probably more of a possibility of Britherism having a racist component more than anti-immigration, but you're simplifying things and trying to use racism as a magic bullet for everything you don't like.


My entire existence is a failed gotcha
Re: Democrats "Call Everyone and Everything Racist" 2020 Election Strategy? [Re: trevorbc] #2994215
08/08/19 06:06 PM
08/08/19 06:06 PM
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 15,114
Oceanside,CA
S
Surfdog Offline
Duke status
Surfdog  Offline
Duke status
**
S

Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 15,114
Oceanside,CA
Legal vs Illegal immigration is all this ever was.

The left is combining the 2 into one large pandering/political issue. They want illegal immigration treated the same as those that respect our laws. It basically spits in the face of all immigrants that did the right thing and waited their turn.

Asylum claims are denied 90% as most are deemed economic and not political threat. The loophole has been bastardized by activists like Pueblo Sin Frontera and propagandized in social media in Central America. International law deems asylum seekers needing to seek safe haven in bordering country for legitimacy. You can't just pick and choose the country you want asylum in. If that were the case, most everyone would pick USA and our international airports would be flooded with asylum seekers.


Surf 'em if you got 'em
Re: Democrats "Call Everyone and Everything Racist" 2020 Election Strategy? [Re: Surfdog] #2994223
08/08/19 06:17 PM
08/08/19 06:17 PM
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 34,578
your mom
F
FecalFace Offline
Duke status
FecalFace  Offline
Duke status
**
F

Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 34,578
your mom
Originally Posted by Surfdog
Legal vs Illegal immigration is all this ever was. .


Absolute bullshit.

All the talk about "incompatible cultures" refers strictly to brown and black cultures.

All the talk about built-in-DNA IQ levels of people from certain brown and black countries.

All the talk about "shitholes" refers to brown and black countries.

All the talk about rapists and murderers refers to brown countries.

All the talk about crime in this country refers to black people and their communities.

GTFO.

Re: Democrats "Call Everyone and Everything Racist" 2020 Election Strategy? [Re: ifallalot] #2994227
08/08/19 06:19 PM
08/08/19 06:19 PM
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,214
cold
T
trevorbc Offline
Michael Peterson status
trevorbc  Offline
Michael Peterson status
**
T

Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,214
cold
Originally Posted by ifallalot
Originally Posted by trevorbc
Originally Posted by ifallalot
Originally Posted by trevorbc
What is birtherism? Just xenophobic? Why is someone xenophobic? So if someone is xenophobic they can only be that one thing? Is it not logical to think that if someone is a xenophobe they are probably racist too?

This is where you're wrong and it is affecting every other conclusion that you're taking from here.

Thinking someone is racist just because they are a Birther or xenophobic is a baseless assumption, especially when the term xenophobic is thrown around at anyone who simply wants to have strong border security and less immigration, both of which are logical and somewhat justified positions to have. Most of those people don't want immigrants regardless of what color their skin is. The race of Obama's father is more incidental to the Birtherism movement, and isn't necessarily racist. Birtherism is retarded, so it is easier to apply racist tendencies to Birthers, but even the heart of the movement isn't based in race, it is based on the question of where Obama was born.


I think it is your logic that is wrong and affecting all of your conclusions. The major piece you are missing is intent. Wanting stronger boarder security because you think it is important to know who crosses our boarders =/= xenophobia. Wanting stronger boarder security because you don't want anymore brown people coming to your town = racism and xenophobia. The argument all goes back to Trump and his intent. There is a long list of actions and words to look at to draw conclusions about his intent. It comes off as racist and xenophobic. You can argue with the sky all day about the technical definitions but a large amount of the country has come to this conclusion.

We can extend this discussion to your conclusions about the birther movement. It is disingenuous to say the heart of the movement was based on where he was born. Again lets look at intent. Why was where he was born ever questioned in the first place? Why wasn't there the same movement on the right against Ted Cruz? (actually not born here) Why aren't Trump and the Birthers looking into where Biden was born? You are denying reality and trying to make technical and semantic excuses for racists and xenophobes.

You're still doing it

People aren't opposed to immigration because they don't want "Brown" people in their town. They don't want immigration because they don't want competition for resources. Pro-immigration people don't have a good argument for why competition is good, so they just say that people are xenophobic, and of course, racist. Since you're so sure that people are against immigration because of racism, please explain the myriad of Latinos who are against immigration. The reason why anti-immigration views get framed as racist is more of the Left's overarching narrative that they are good and the Right is evil.

Why wasn't there a movement against Ted Cruz (who actually shouldn't be allowed to be President)? Became Birtherism is a right wing movement and Ted Cruz is on the right. The Right is not above hypocrisy either. As to Biden? He doesn't have a parent that was a foreign citizen. But like I said, there's probably more of a possibility of Britherism having a racist component more than anti-immigration, but you're simplifying things and trying to use racism as a magic bullet for everything you don't like.


I disagree. The majority of the anti-immigration crowd are past needing to compete for resources. They don’t like the changing face of their towns and by extension America. If there were lines of native white and black people lined up for agricultural jobs you would have a point, but there isn’t. Even in construction this isn’t the case. Is it sometimes? Sure, but it isn’t even close to being the primary factor. There are more than 6.5 million job openings in the US right now.

The whole racism is the response for everything you don’t like only lives in Hannity/rush land.

Re: Democrats "Call Everyone and Everything Racist" 2020 Election Strategy? [Re: trevorbc] #2994240
08/08/19 06:31 PM
08/08/19 06:31 PM
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 57,238
HB, CA
I
ifallalot Online sick
Duke status
ifallalot  Online Sick
Duke status
**
I

Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 57,238
HB, CA
When I mentioned competition, it wasn't only job competition, it was resource competition in general

Discounting it as racism is simply an easy answer to a complex problem. It is an easy way to apply a good/evil paradigm to those you disagree with.

Also, this comes into exactly what Casa was saying. In your area, which is predominantly white, it is easy to apply a racism argument to demographic changes because if you import a bunch of people from Latin America you'll be able to physically see a change in the faces you see. Living somewhere like I do, most of the faces already are "brown" so importing more people doesn't cause a physical change, it simply means there's more people around


My entire existence is a failed gotcha
Re: Democrats "Call Everyone and Everything Racist" 2020 Election Strategy? [Re: ifallalot] #2994248
08/08/19 06:40 PM
08/08/19 06:40 PM
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 16,953
E
ElOgro Offline
Duke status
ElOgro  Offline
Duke status
**
E

Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 16,953
Originally Posted by ifallalot
When I mentioned competition, it wasn't only job competition, it was resource competition in general

Discounting it as racism is simply an easy answer to a complex problem. It is an easy way to apply a good/evil paradigm to those you disagree with.

Also, this comes into exactly what Casa was saying. In your area, which is predominantly white, it is easy to apply a racism argument to demographic changes because if you import a bunch of people from Latin America you'll be able to physically see a change in the faces you see. Living somewhere like I do, most of the faces already are "brown" so importing more people doesn't cause a physical change, it simply means there's more people around


Also, you’ll be able to tell if they have broken down lawnmowers and junk in the yard. You won’t even have to see them. Also the ranchera music blasting. I learned that from Slumlord Hal.


"That's their respect for me... I got leid," Rabbit Kekai

"That's all it takes--one moment." Sponge
Re: Democrats "Call Everyone and Everything Racist" 2020 Election Strategy? [Re: trevorbc] #2994250
08/08/19 06:43 PM
08/08/19 06:43 PM
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 23,749
Carlsbad
G
GDaddy Offline
Duke status
GDaddy  Offline
Duke status
**
G

Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 23,749
Carlsbad
Quote
I disagree. The majority of the anti-immigration crowd are past needing to compete for resources.


I would consider that a wildly misleading characterization. When the purpose of importing people from the 3rd World is to affect the balance of political power and taxpayer resource then it very much is that crowd's interests to see this as a struggle for resources.

Why do both parties struggle so hard for political power, if not to control what goes in and comes out of the government purse? Why is my kid compelled to participate in a bilingual program because the illegals aren't functional in the language? Those are resouces - including the time/effort my kid has to spend to make that adaptation - that we would not be compelled to spend at that rate if the parents were qualified to immigrate here legally.

Now that's not to suggest that there's no utility in compelling my kid to take instruction in Spanish, but that should be a choice for us to make, not a dictate that is imposed on us by the state in order to accomodate the inevitable result of inadequately controlled illegal immigration.

And that's just one facet of the effects in the education system. The test scores of some of these local schools suck in part because of how many of the students don't speak English well enough to perform. The slower performers hold everyone else back. This is not a difficult concept to illustrate. If a teacher has to spend an inordinate amount of time/effort on a certain percentage of the kids who are already behind and totally lack the reading and language skills to catch up then that's a "resource" that is being poorly spent.


#sowhat
Page 11 of 14 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14

Moderated by  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32