REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Get out your fainting couches. The new 007 was just announced. [Re: ifallalot] #2982526
07/16/19 05:54 PM
07/16/19 05:54 PM
B
BillyOcean Offline
Tom Curren status
BillyOcean  Offline
Tom Curren status
B

Originally Posted by ifallalot
Originally Posted by BillyOcean
Bond has never been what it should be

Craig took it about as close as I guess they thought was commercially viable

He had the right hopeless demeanor but they never gave him a script that took it all the way

Cillian Murphy from Peaky Blinders would have been a next level pick to take it in a dark direction

He's so good in 28 Days Later

I’ve never seen it

Have been meaning to for a while

Re: Get out your fainting couches. The new 007 was just announced. [Re: ifallalot] #2982529
07/16/19 05:58 PM
07/16/19 05:58 PM
F
frvcvs Offline
Duke status
frvcvs  Offline
Duke status
F

He had the right hopeless demeanor but they never gave him a script that took it all the way

Cillian Murphy from Peaky Blinders would have been a next level pick to take it in a dark direction

What if I told you he was a beta in real life?

Re: Get out your fainting couches. The new 007 was just announced. [Re: frvcvs] #2982538
07/16/19 06:36 PM
07/16/19 06:36 PM
B
BillyOcean Offline
Tom Curren status
BillyOcean  Offline
Tom Curren status
B

Originally Posted by frvcvs

What if I told you he was a beta in real life?

What does that mean?

Re: Get out your fainting couches. The new 007 was just announced. [Re: frvcvs] #2982550
07/16/19 06:52 PM
07/16/19 06:52 PM
The Bar
K
Kento Offline
Duke status
Kento  Offline
Duke status
K

The Bar
Originally Posted by frvcvs
To be honest, I’ll say what I said when Hollywood announced an all female ghostbusters and oceans 11 reboots. I love that people want more female hero’s and leads, I loved Sarah Connor and Ripley as a kid! Still do. But women deserve their own franchises not some half baked Hollywood playing it safe on established franchise reboots with a twist. It’s a backhanded insult for Hollywood to say “we think we can sell tickets and make a hit with you as our lead but we’re not confident enough in you to do it with an original title”. It doesn’t bother me that 007 is a black woman. It bothers me that Hollywood lacks the confidence to make a new and original spy movie with a black woman as it’s lead.

Well stated.

I don't really care for Hollywood reboots in the first place although one could definitely argue the merits of Scarface and Brewster's Millions. They are the exceptions that prove the rule. There is absolutely nothing wrong with a strong female lead and there have been many movies where it was just fine. That being said, these reboots of franchises with an alternate cast is pure Hollywood laziness and also viewer laziness to an even larger degree - this is why 98% of movies that come out are absolute shit. Why should they put anything out other than vapid, interchangeable comic book movies and franchise remakes when it's what the people show they want? It is rare that you see movies like Salton Sea, Winter's Bone, Donnie Darko, etc. and it is the reason we will have more movies like Independence Day instead of The Arrival. Alas. One of the reasons I might see a movie a year in the theaters these days, if that.

Hollywood does understand the plight, though, of the emasculated white male so they are offering the following movie reboots to make them feel better:

Brotherhood of the Travelling Jorts
Jose and the Cockdogs
The Man with the Barbed Wire Tattoo
Bruce Jones' Blog
Kill Wilhemina

Nothing is obscene provided it is done in bad taste.

Russ Meyer
Re: Get out your fainting couches. The new 007 was just announced. [Re: Autoprax] #2982581
07/16/19 08:17 PM
07/16/19 08:17 PM
San Francisco, CA
M
Mr Doof Offline
Duke status
Mr Doof  Offline
Duke status
M

San Francisco, CA
Originally Posted by Autoprax
Who cares if it's a good movie?

Creating a plot whose resolution is surprising and inevitable requires the rare poet.

A fair point few appear to appreciate.

On a slightly different bent, remember the whole AIDs thing in the 80s and there was a new James Bond move full of him bedding gals left and right and someone asked if that was appropriate in this day and age of a primarily transmitted death dealing STD?

So they changed things a little and critics decried this attack on movie spy tradition, and well, time moved on and no one really remembers (or cares to remember), and the Bond movies were more or less were lame until Daniel Craig made it exciting for at least one movie.

So in a sense, good to see people getting worked up over what will in time mean little, and I do think the character introducing herself as 'Jane, Jane Bond' would be a fine wink and a nod to the character line.

Re: Get out your fainting couches. The new 007 was just announced. [Re: Mr Doof] #2983156
07/17/19 06:20 PM
07/17/19 06:20 PM
The Bar
K
Kento Offline
Duke status
Kento  Offline
Duke status
K

The Bar
Originally Posted by Mr Doof
Originally Posted by Autoprax
Who cares if it's a good movie?

Creating a plot whose resolution is surprising and inevitable requires the rare poet.

A fair point few appear to appreciate.

On a slightly different bent, remember the whole AIDs thing in the 80s and there was a new James Bond move full of him bedding gals left and right and someone asked if that was appropriate in this day and age of a primarily transmitted death dealing STD?

So they changed things a little and critics decried this attack on movie spy tradition, and well, time moved on and no one really remembers (or cares to remember), and the Bond movies were more or less were lame until Daniel Craig made it exciting for at least one movie.

So in a sense, good to see people getting worked up over what will in time mean little, and I do think the character introducing herself as 'Jane, Jane Bond' would be a fine wink and a nod to the character line.

True and the Bond franchise experienced the same kind of backlash when A View to a Kill because Duran Duran did the theme song, marketing it to Gen X (the millenials of yesteryear).

Meanwhile, we have more crossover movie franchises:

The Helped
First Husbands Club
Schwing it On
Mean Girlymen
Charlene's Angels

Russ Meyer
Re: Get out your fainting couches. The new 007 was just announced. [Re: hal9000] #2983348
07/17/19 10:38 PM
07/17/19 10:38 PM
H
hammies Offline
Michael Peterson status
hammies  Offline
Michael Peterson status
H

People go to see James Bond, retro, womanizing, smart-aleck, alpha-male killer. Every James Bond has been compared to and wants to live up to the original, Sean Connery. The value is in that character, not the number 007. Who ever refers to them as "007 movies"? They are "James Bond" movies to like 99% of the people who pay to see them.

I don't see this working out well.

"The world needs fewer arrogant pricks."
Re: Get out your fainting couches. The new 007 was just announced. [Re: hammies] #2983354
07/17/19 10:55 PM
07/17/19 10:55 PM
The Bar
K
Kento Offline
Duke status
Kento  Offline
Duke status
K

The Bar
Originally Posted by hammies
People go to see James Bond, retro, womanizing, smart-aleck, alpha-male killer. Every James Bond has been compared to and wants to live up to the original, Sean Connery. The value is in that character, not the number 007. Who ever refers to them as "007 movies"? They are "James Bond" movies to like 99% of the people who pay to see them.

I predict a $0.50 double feature of Ghostbusters and James Bond reboots within a few months.

I just haven't worked out whether we pay the 50 cents to the theater or vice versa.

Russ Meyer
Re: Get out your fainting couches. The new 007 was just announced. [Re: Kento] #2983355
07/17/19 11:00 PM
07/17/19 11:00 PM
Oceanside,CA
S
Surfdog Offline
Duke status
Surfdog  Offline
Duke status
S

Oceanside,CA
Too little, too late.

There's already been a female 007 over 50 years ago........

Under-rated spoof, but still the best intro and final credits Bond music of all time (and scene bumper bits in there too).

This movie got me interested in girls for the first time I can remember.

Connery was the best, and it was downhill from there.

Surf 'em if you got 'em
Re: Get out your fainting couches. The new 007 was just announced. [Re: hammies] #2983476
07/18/19 05:53 AM
07/18/19 05:53 AM
your mom
F
FecalFace Offline
Duke status
FecalFace  Offline
Duke status
F

your mom
Originally Posted by hammies

Those movies are already done.

You can go and see alpha-male killer Sean Connery anytime you want.

Do you want the same movie over and over?

I don't. It's boring.

Last Bond I saw was Roger Moore. I was like 14 or something.

The new Bond movie may be a flop but not for the reasons you mentioned.

Re: Get out your fainting couches. The new 007 was just announced. [Re: hal9000] #2983477
07/18/19 05:55 AM
07/18/19 05:55 AM
your mom
F
FecalFace Offline
Duke status
FecalFace  Offline
Duke status
F

your mom
So alpha male-y right now.

[Linked Image]

Re: Get out your fainting couches. The new 007 was just announced. [Re: FecalFace] #2983483
07/18/19 07:39 AM
07/18/19 07:39 AM
Oceanside,CA
S
Surfdog Offline
Duke status
Surfdog  Offline
Duke status
S

Oceanside,CA
Originally Posted by FecalFace
So alpha male-y right now.

[Linked Image]

Zardoz was one hot mess of a movie. Not sure what Connery was thinking on that one? I guess when his Bond dayz were over, he was getting desperate?

Surf 'em if you got 'em
Re: Get out your fainting couches. The new 007 was just announced. [Re: hal9000] #2983493
07/18/19 10:45 AM
07/18/19 10:45 AM
B
BillyOcean Offline
Tom Curren status
BillyOcean  Offline
Tom Curren status
B

That’s ^ just typical evening wear in Scotland

Re: Get out your fainting couches. The new 007 was just announced. [Re: BillyOcean] #2983597
07/18/19 02:17 PM
07/18/19 02:17 PM
A
afoaf Offline
Duke status
afoaf  Offline
Duke status
A

chicago is like 90 degrees with thundershowers right now.

a kilt seems like a smart move at the moment.

It’s like the GZA coming on after U-God
Re: Get out your fainting couches. The new 007 was just announced. [Re: hal9000] #2984947
07/20/19 11:45 PM
07/20/19 11:45 PM
West of the Atlantic. East of...
G
GromsDad Offline
Duke status
GromsDad  Offline
Duke status
G

West of the Atlantic. East of...
EXCLUSIVE: 'Miss Bond doesn't have the same ring to it!' First ever black James Bond girl who played Thumper in Diamonds Are Forever blasts casting of actress Lashana Lynch who is taking over as 007 - saying iconic code name was meant for a man

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ng-actress-Lashana-Lynch-taking-007.html

What's the difference between conservatives and liberals?

Conservatives get angry when you lie to them. Liberals get angry when you tell
them the truth.
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32