REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 12 1 2 10 11 12
Re: XTR Sale today and tomorrow only - $100 off [Re: Racer1] #2980554
07/12/19 11:15 PM
07/12/19 11:15 PM
PNW
A
Aruka Offline
Miki Dora status
Aruka  Offline
Miki Dora status
A

PNW
Originally Posted by Racer1
crying black tears

roflmao

Re: XTR Sale today and tomorrow only - $100 off [Re: Racer1] #2980636
07/13/19 01:16 AM
07/13/19 01:16 AM
Honolulu, Hawaii
R
Racer1 Offline OP
Phil Edwards status
Racer1  Offline OP
Phil Edwards status
R

Honolulu, Hawaii
Had some iffy sessions on the Blade, mixed with really good sessions on the Fling and now I'm not so sure about Blade being a keeper.

Last edited by Racer1; 07/13/19 05:21 AM.
Re: XTR Sale today and tomorrow only - $100 off [Re: Racer1] #2980695
07/13/19 04:55 AM
07/13/19 04:55 AM
The OC
J
J_D_J Offline
Michael Peterson status
J_D_J  Offline
Michael Peterson status
J

The OC
Racer, as a wise man once told me, “if it’s not f*** yes, it’s f*** no.”

Re: XTR Sale today and tomorrow only - $100 off [Re: Racer1] #2980936
07/13/19 09:49 PM
07/13/19 09:49 PM
PNW
A
Aruka Offline
Miki Dora status
Aruka  Offline
Miki Dora status
A

PNW
I have my own struggles with many of these step down type boards. If the waves are legit I want to be on just a regular ol' thruster. No shorter than my own height, good rail line for control and catches waves well due to length.

When the waves are iffy like more flat spots and lacking power you'd think the step down, slightly shorter/wider board would be the call but I'd almost always have more fun by just going strait to my Banjo fish and have way more speed and glide on tap and forget about working so hard to ride a thruster of any sort in QS conditions.

Realistically for me the step downs work best in pretty good waves. If it's going to be anything much under chest high it better have good shape and push otherwise your magic groveler is going to be way more fun.

That said I love having options and I've had tons of fun sessions on the Stamps GX, Flare, Pyzel Phantom, Lost Subdriver, etc. but I think knowing when to ride them vs. something else is really the key. For me.

The HS Psychedelic Germ has been the latest of these shorter/wider but not quite groveler boards and I've been having very much a love/hate relationship with it for all of the reasons mentioned above but there is something there that I'm digging and I finally found some fins that feel consistently good (the HS larges, shockingly enough).

I'm curious to hear what shortcomings you are experiencing with the Blade, Racer?

Re: XTR Sale today and tomorrow only - $100 off [Re: Racer1] #2980937
07/13/19 09:58 PM
07/13/19 09:58 PM
Honolulu, Hawaii
R
Racer1 Offline OP
Phil Edwards status
Racer1  Offline OP
Phil Edwards status
R

Honolulu, Hawaii
I think it's the hip in the tail, I haven't had one since the 80's90s when I was learning to surf. If I do a karate kick type snap, all good. If I do a cutback, all good. If I do a roundhouse, call good. But if I try to do a wrap in the pocket (my fav turn), where you turn through the pocket and release the tail a little (almost a finner), then my heelside rail digs and bogs HARD. I'm talking frontside. So going through the turn feels good but coming back down into the pocket my heel side starts catching and dragging and spraying water everywhere. Maybe the tail is to narrow (but I went with wider than stock dims). Maybe it's my size 11 foot? I don't know but it feels fooking LAME. It's probably my lack of occy thighs and dead lifts. The only way I've countered it is going through the turn I start to do a skate manual on the tail, then it goes through normal but then I'm all messed up doing a manual out of that turn going into the next one.

Last edited by Racer1; 07/13/19 10:01 PM.
Page 12 of 12 1 2 10 11 12