REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Does America have an idiot hothead macho dumbass problem? [Re: BillyOcean] #2970362
06/19/19 05:46 PM
06/19/19 05:46 PM
The Bar
K
Kento Online content
Duke status
Kento  Online Content
Duke status
K

The Bar
Just imagine if these parents would have the same passion for academics.

News flash: Their slow, small white kid will not be playing professional baseball. Let the kids just have fun. Don't take it so seriously. However, if you had worked with them on other shit, they might be able to read before they turned 7. socrazy

Nothing is obscene provided it is done in bad taste.

Russ Meyer
Re: Does America have an idiot hothead macho dumbass problem? [Re: Duffy] #2970381
06/19/19 06:17 PM
06/19/19 06:17 PM
A
afoaf Offline
Duke status
afoaf  Offline
Duke status
A

[Linked Image]

if you haven't smoked DMT you have no credibility on any subject in surfing or outside of surfing...
Re: Does America have an idiot hothead macho dumbass problem? [Re: BillyOcean] #2970383
06/19/19 06:18 PM
06/19/19 06:18 PM
in the bathroom
M
manbearpig Offline
Tom Curren status
manbearpig  Offline
Tom Curren status
M

in the bathroom
Originally Posted by BillyOcean
Originally Posted by manbearpig
Originally Posted by mundus
Yep, and they are your people Billy boi

No

I am like the Lone Ranger, but armed only with kind words

Only kind words? monkey

The best words

You have been much more bubbly lately.

Can only mean one thing.

Re: Does America have an idiot hothead macho dumbass problem? [Re: manbearpig] #2970389
06/19/19 06:22 PM
06/19/19 06:22 PM
B
BillyOcean Offline OP
Tom Curren status
BillyOcean  Offline OP
Tom Curren status
B

Originally Posted by mundus
Yep, and they are your people Billy boi

No

I am like the Lone Ranger, but armed only with kind words

Only kind words? monkey

The best words

You have been much more bubbly lately.

Can only mean one thing.

dancing

Re: Does America have an idiot hothead macho dumbass problem? [Re: BillyOcean] #2970397
06/19/19 06:39 PM
06/19/19 06:39 PM
A
afoaf Offline
Duke status
afoaf  Offline
Duke status
A

Originally Posted by afoaf
I’m really glad my kids don’t do organized sports

baseball was super fun this year.

the problem here is people are too uppity.

it's like the opposite end of the spectrum from those wife beater wearing trogs above

So you don’t have baseball superfans in Rich Town who think their kid is the next ARod?

yeah...I saw the ump tell one guy to shut his mouth or leave

these fkn twits are all drinking road sodas and gossiping

the games are fun to watch....better than pro ball...more errors and excitement

if you haven't smoked DMT you have no credibility on any subject in surfing or outside of surfing...
Re: Does America have an idiot hothead macho dumbass problem? [Re: BillyOcean] #2970418
06/19/19 07:37 PM
06/19/19 07:37 PM
san diego, CA
O
obslop Offline
Phil Edwards status
obslop  Offline
Phil Edwards status
O

san diego, CA
i remember being a soccer referee when i was in 8th grade. i gave a kid a yellow card once and after the game the kid's mom got in my face and was questioning the call.

really? game is over lady.

Re: Does America have an idiot hothead macho dumbass problem? [Re: obslop] #2970428
06/19/19 08:03 PM
06/19/19 08:03 PM
B
BillyOcean Offline OP
Tom Curren status
BillyOcean  Offline OP
Tom Curren status
B

Originally Posted by obslop
i remember being a soccer referee when i was in 8th grade. i gave a kid a yellow card once and after the game the kid's mom got in my face and was questioning the call.

Did you shoot her?

Re: Does America have an idiot hothead macho dumbass problem? [Re: BillyOcean] #2970430
06/19/19 08:06 PM
06/19/19 08:06 PM
san diego, CA
O
obslop Offline
Phil Edwards status
obslop  Offline
Phil Edwards status
O

san diego, CA

Did you shoot her?

no. i think i just explained the basis for the call and that was the end of it.

i've always been very reasonable.

Re: Does America have an idiot hothead macho dumbass problem? [Re: obslop] #2970431
06/19/19 08:07 PM
06/19/19 08:07 PM
Vagina Point
A
Autoprax Offline
Duke status
Autoprax  Offline
Duke status
A

Vagina Point

That same lady is harassing her kids' teachers.

A threat response is a potent trigger for motivated reasoning.

"People who are right a lot listen a lot, and they change their mind a lot. . . . . They wake up and reanalyze things and change their mind. If you don't change your mind frequently, you're going to be wrong a lot."
Re: Does America have an idiot hothead macho dumbass problem? [Re: Autoprax] #2970437
06/19/19 08:14 PM
06/19/19 08:14 PM
In Gods Country
C
CharmingSophisticate Offline
Duke status
CharmingSophisticate  Offline
Duke status
C

In Gods Country
Originally Posted by Autoprax
In 76, I visited family friends in Redondo and the brother of one of kids playing little league started a fight with one of the players on the other team.

Then the brother playing and the brother who attacked the player on the other team, said to me, RUN! And we all took off running.

I guess what is different is no parents got involved. But that was not a normal thing for me.

Later on they swam me out passed the Redondo pier to see if I would drown.

Fun times.

Reminds me of the time when I was on-deck and one of my friends from the neighborhood was the catcher on the other team. I was ragging on him about his dad being a fat ass, he charged me, we started duking it out and 20 seconds later a bench clearing brawl of 8-10 year old kids ensued.
Good times!

Last edited by CharmingSophisticate; 06/19/19 08:15 PM. Reason: Special Ed

"...now tell me that wasn't fun!" Capt. Jack Aubrey
Re: Does America have an idiot hothead macho dumbass problem? [Re: BillyOcean] #2970494
06/19/19 10:34 PM
06/19/19 10:34 PM
in the bathroom
M
manbearpig Offline
Tom Curren status
manbearpig  Offline
Tom Curren status
M

in the bathroom

Can only mean one thing.

dancing

[Linked Image]

Re: Does America have an idiot hothead macho dumbass problem? [Re: afoaf] #2970643
06/20/19 05:35 AM
06/20/19 05:35 AM
S
SClem. local Offline
Gerry Lopez status
SClem. local  Offline
Gerry Lopez status
S

This incident is disgusting. In San Clemente every little league team has to volunteer parents or junior kids 13+ years old to be umpires, but you can't do your own kids games. It can get pretty bad with some parents umpiring and not having a clue how to do it but a lot of us are regulars and most parents are really mellow and understand. I've umpired at least a few dozen games, mostly behind the plate for kids from 7 to 13 and oddly I kindof enjoyed it. This is my first year without being involved and I often think of still volunteering... but the worst parents we're the ones who never volunteer. I've told many parents to 'zip it or I make you leave in front of everyone... and if you don't I will timeout the game until you do shut up or leave'. Otherwise it's game over if I leave. Ive had to pause a game for 10 minutes and lecture an entire team and their fans. That were from the neighboring town SJC and had never had to volunteer so basically they were out of control. I'm sure someone got it on video. It'd be great youtube material. I lectured them all like kindergardeners.

This video is odd as hell. There is no reason so many adults should be anywhere near on the field. These are 7 year olds who should have 3 coaches max. Sad and Disgusting. Most these parents should be banned for life.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32