REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Was there an “Obama Derangement Syndrome” [Re: squidley] #2969919
06/18/19 07:15 PM
06/18/19 07:15 PM
M
mundus Offline
Miki Dora status
mundus  Offline
Miki Dora status
M

Originally Posted by squidley
Originally Posted by mundus
[quote=squidley]
Death panels? You truly are a propaganda victim. You gonna bring up Joe the Plumber next?

No, you're a leftist idiot who closes his ears to any news which fails to advance his pre-determined agenda.

From 2017, before the obamacare death panels were repealed.....

Death Panels: Sarah Palin Was Right

October 19, 2017

Obamacare “repeal and replace” may have failed this year, but that doesn’t mean the Affordable Care Act can’t be significantly defanged. For example, there is still time to excise the Independent Payment Advisory Board from the law before it is up and running.

IPAB’s stated purpose is to contain Medicare costs, a laudable goal. But the powers granted to the presidentially appointed and confirmed commissioners subvert democratic accountability and violate our constitutional system of separation of powers. They could, one day, be weaponized to implement invidious medical discrimination mandates—e.g., health-care rationing.

Unlike members of most bureaucratic boards, IPAB commissioners do not have to comply with such typical administrative procedures as obtaining public comment. Rather, when projected Medicare expenses exceed a given amount—which has not yet happened since Obamacare’s passage, hence its quiescence—IPAB is required to submit a cost-cutting proposal to Congress by the following January 15, which, in turn, must be introduced as enabling legislation without change by House and Senate majority leaders the same day it is received. By April 1, the relevant committees must complete their consideration of the legislation. Any committee that fails to meet that deadline will be discharged from further involvement in the matter. Congress is handcuffed from considering any legislation or amendment that does not meet the IPAB financial targets or that would repeal or change the fast-track process without a three-fifths majority (60 votes) of the Senate. Non-germane amendments are not permitted .....

I didn't talk about the death panels here because Obama failed to implement them. So I'll be damned if I'll be ridiculed for something I didn't do over an issue you're totally fckn WRONG about.

Keep drinkinng that coolaid dude.
clicked and found the source.

Last edited by mundus; 06/18/19 07:16 PM.
Re: Was there an “Obama Derangement Syndrome” [Re: 1whoknows] #2969922
06/18/19 07:24 PM
06/18/19 07:24 PM
Urbana, Illinois
H
hal9000 Offline
Tom Curren status
hal9000  Offline
Tom Curren status
H

Urbana, Illinois
You say "was", as in "past-tense". Go read Trumby's tweets. He's still obsessed with Barry.

"I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that."
Re: Was there an “Obama Derangement Syndrome” [Re: squidley] #2969936
06/18/19 07:44 PM
06/18/19 07:44 PM
A
afoaf Offline
Duke status
afoaf  Offline
Duke status
A

Originally Posted by squidley
Originally Posted by the janitor
Originally Posted by 1whoknows
People talk about criticism of trump as a syndrome. Does that also apply to criticism of other elected officials?

Sure, but it had interesting variations : https://www.nobelprize.org/prizes/peace/2009/summary/

Yeah, how long had Obama been in office when he got the Nobel Prize? Two weeks?

.....ODS, Obama Derangement Syndrome.

your muslim birther shit is the pinnacle of ODS idiocy

if you haven't smoked DMT you have no credibility on any subject in surfing or outside of surfing...
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32