REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12
Good Father's Day Blog Post #2968814
06/16/19 03:56 PM
06/16/19 03:56 PM
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 56,475
HB, CA
I
ifallalot Offline OP
Duke status
ifallalot  Offline OP
Duke status
**
I

Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 56,475
HB, CA
The future of men and marriage is bleak
by Suzanne Venker
| June 14, 2019 08:00 AM

Print this article
With Father's Day upon us, the time has come to address as a nation what Heather Mac Donald noted earlier this year is "the greatest social catastrophe of our time": fatherlessness. Fatherlessness is the No. 1 cause of nearly all social ills we face. We can't afford to ignore it any longer.

To be clear, father absence is the more accurate term, since fatherlessness implies that men have become "deadbeat dads" — nothing could be further from the truth. Sure, this faction exists, as do "deadbeat moms." But the two most significant threats to a father's presence in the home are divorce and out-of-wedlock births.

It's the breakdown of marriage, in other words, or the collapse of the family, that results in father-absent homes. Whether you feel its pain directly or not, it affects you. "Families are the building blocks of civilization," writes Genevieve Wood at the Daily Signal. "They are personal relationships, but they greatly shape and serve the public good. Family breakdown harms society as a whole."

Indeed it does. And how, exactly, did the family fall apart? When we stopped valuing men and marriage.

There was a time, believe it or not, when marriage was highly valued. Ergo, the majority of Americans married. They even looked forward to it! It was an honorable mark of adulthood to leave one's family of origin and build a family of one's own.

Then came feminism. "And with it," notes Dennis Prager in his "Fireside Chat" on marriage and children vs. career, "the notion that 'a woman without a man is like a fish without a bicycle.'"

This mantra was glamorized (though not coined) by Gloria Steinem in the 1970s and was quickly inculcated both in Prager's generation and those that followed. Prager rightly defines America's new narrative, which is directed specifically to women: "You don't need a man; you need a career. Then you'll be happy."

Since this narrative first took hold, America has undergone a sea change with respect to men and marriage. Marriage began to be viewed not as a given but as a possible accompaniment to a woman's otherwise more important and exciting independent life — and men went along for the ride. What choice did they have? Then, sometime later, America upped the ante with a full-scale war on men and, more recently, with an attack on men's very nature.

Men and boys have heard this message loud and clear, and as a result have stepped back or stopped trying. Boys are failing to grow up and make something of themselves because they lack fathers who can help them do just that. They lack fathers because America has made it clear that men are superfluous and even dangerous to women and children.

As a result, half of America's citizens have been marginalized, as evidenced by the meteoric rise of Jordan Peterson, who never set out to become a voice for men but inadvertently kicked over a hornet's nest. The sheer number of males who cling to Peterson's words of hope is staggering. He has become a lifeline to a lost generation of men.

That's really what we're up against this Father's Day: a lost generation of men. But it will be our loss in the end. We can't afford for men to retreat any further than they have. The nuclear family is the foundation of America's greatness; and a dearth of productive men invariably means, as Tucker Carlson noted in January, the subsequent disintegration of marriage.

These two cannot be separated. Women don't want to marry unemployed men or men who have no purpose. But women do want children and will go to great lengths to have them in unconventional ways. Thus, children (boys especially, since girls will still have their mothers) will remain fatherless, and the cycle will continue.

It is time for people to say "Enough!" We cannot survive as a nation without strong and competent men raising strong and competent boys who become the kind of men that women want to marry.

We know those in power will do nothing about it; they've already proven it in spades. "The elites are absolutely unwilling to send the message that fathers are as important to their children as mothers," Mac Donald told Carlson. "Their tongues are tied — they refuse to say it. It's one of those truths that's being completely denied by elite culture. Why? Because it violates the feminist nostrum that women can do it all."

And there it is.

It has been 50 years since feminists first began to make the claim that women don't need men, and by every statistical measure we are worse off because of it. How much longer are we willing to stay silent?

Suzanne Venker (@SuzanneVenker) is a contributor to the Washington Examiner's Beltway Confidential blog. She is an author, columnist, and relationship coach known as “The Feminist Fixer.” Her newest book, "WOMEN WHO WIN at Love: How to Build a Relationship That Lasts," will be published in October 2019. Suzanne’s website is www.suzannevenker.com.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/the-future-of-men-and-marriage-is-bleak


My entire existence is a failed gotcha
Re: Good Father's Day Blog Post [Re: ifallalot] #2968817
06/16/19 04:04 PM
06/16/19 04:04 PM
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 33,694
your mom
F
FecalFace Offline
Duke status
FecalFace  Offline
Duke status
**
F

Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 33,694
your mom
Quote
And how, exactly, did the family fall apart? When we stopped valuing men and marriage.


roflmao
roflmao
roflmao

VICTIMZ

IAM NOT PROUD BOI

[Linked Image]


"The real enemy are the (gun) manufactures of your toys and the NRA. They play on your fear to steal your money." - ifallalot / 2014
Re: Good Father's Day Blog Post [Re: ifallalot] #2968858
06/16/19 05:45 PM
06/16/19 05:45 PM
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 14,323
in the bathroom
M
manbearpig Offline
Tom Curren status
manbearpig  Offline
Tom Curren status
**
M

Joined: May 2009
Posts: 14,323
in the bathroom
It’s been awhile since we’ve seen meninist ifall

Re: Good Father's Day Blog Post [Re: ifallalot] #2968928
06/16/19 10:04 PM
06/16/19 10:04 PM
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 14,341
B
BillyOcean Offline
Tom Curren status
BillyOcean  Offline
Tom Curren status
**
B

Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 14,341
Nobody cares about loser men

In fact, they are detested

It is best to understand that this is a natural tendency and not fight against it

There is no point in fighting against the “why”; it simply “is”

Squats + deadlifts

Re: Good Father's Day Blog Post [Re: ifallalot] #2968933
06/16/19 10:19 PM
06/16/19 10:19 PM
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 23,844
A
afoaf Offline
Duke status
afoaf  Offline
Duke status
**
A

Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 23,844
Quote
It has been 50 years since feminists first began to make the claim that women don't need men, and by every statistical measure we are worse off because of it.


interesting....

I'm curious to know what metrics she is considering


if you haven't smoked DMT you have no credibility on any subject in surfing or outside of surfing...
Re: Good Father's Day Blog Post [Re: ifallalot] #2968938
06/16/19 10:35 PM
06/16/19 10:35 PM
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 29,288
Vagina Point
A
Autoprax Offline
Duke status
Autoprax  Offline
Duke status
**
A

Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 29,288
Vagina Point
I think she is just using the words.

Don't ask her to define her terms or present the measures.

Like psychology, questions are form of liberal witch trickery.


A threat response is a potent trigger for motivated reasoning.

"People who are right a lot listen a lot, and they change their mind a lot. . . . . They wake up and reanalyze things and change their mind. If you don't change your mind frequently, you're going to be wrong a lot."
Re: Good Father's Day Blog Post [Re: ifallalot] #2968951
06/16/19 11:07 PM
06/16/19 11:07 PM
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 4,991
Southern Tip, Norcal
H
heelnipstr Offline
Miki Dora status
heelnipstr  Offline
Miki Dora status
**
H

Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 4,991
Southern Tip, Norcal
NO need for women with tech:



If you see a Buddha in the road, ask which gender pronouns they prefer and then kill them.
Re: Good Father's Day Blog Post [Re: heelnipstr] #2968972
06/16/19 11:57 PM
06/16/19 11:57 PM
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 14,879
Oceanside,CA
S
Surfdog Offline
Tom Curren status
Surfdog  Offline
Tom Curren status
**
S

Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 14,879
Oceanside,CA
When the word toxic was added to masculinity, and became an acceptable PC excuse, it's been downhill ever since.

Unless you woke, feminize, gay, or not white, then all is good. tomato


Surf 'em if you got 'em
Re: Good Father's Day Blog Post [Re: ifallalot] #2968985
06/17/19 12:35 AM
06/17/19 12:35 AM
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 29,288
Vagina Point
A
Autoprax Offline
Duke status
Autoprax  Offline
Duke status
**
A

Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 29,288
Vagina Point
How often do you deal with this issue in your daily life?

Never?


A threat response is a potent trigger for motivated reasoning.

"People who are right a lot listen a lot, and they change their mind a lot. . . . . They wake up and reanalyze things and change their mind. If you don't change your mind frequently, you're going to be wrong a lot."
Re: Good Father's Day Blog Post [Re: Autoprax] #2969030
06/17/19 05:06 AM
06/17/19 05:06 AM
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 14,879
Oceanside,CA
S
Surfdog Offline
Tom Curren status
Surfdog  Offline
Tom Curren status
**
S

Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 14,879
Oceanside,CA
Originally Posted by Autoprax
How often do you deal with this issue in your daily life?

Never?


You probably have dealt with it more than I have, on campus and classrooms.

Where it all started.

If you say you haven't, you're lying.


Surf 'em if you got 'em
Re: Good Father's Day Blog Post [Re: afoaf] #2969032
06/17/19 05:21 AM
06/17/19 05:21 AM
Joined: Oct 2017
Posts: 6,081
1
1whoknows Offline
Phil Edwards status
1whoknows  Offline
Phil Edwards status
**
1

Joined: Oct 2017
Posts: 6,081
Originally Posted by afoaf
Quote
It has been 50 years since feminists first began to make the claim that women don't need men, and by every statistical measure we are worse off because of it.


interesting....

I'm curious to know what metrics she is considering
women are apparently very powerful. All they have to do is claim they don’t need men and itall goes n the shitter


“God, I’m glad I’m not me.” Bob Dylan
Re: Good Father's Day Blog Post [Re: Surfdog] #2969035
06/17/19 05:59 AM
06/17/19 05:59 AM
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 33,694
your mom
F
FecalFace Offline
Duke status
FecalFace  Offline
Duke status
**
F

Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 33,694
your mom
Originally Posted by Surfdog
Originally Posted by Autoprax
How often do you deal with this issue in your daily life?

Never?


You probably have dealt with it more than I have, on campus and classrooms.

Where it all started.

If you say you haven't, you're lying.


He is one who's been dealing with it but it bothers you why again?


"The real enemy are the (gun) manufactures of your toys and the NRA. They play on your fear to steal your money." - ifallalot / 2014
Re: Good Father's Day Blog Post [Re: FecalFace] #2969077
06/17/19 12:32 PM
06/17/19 12:32 PM
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 23,844
A
afoaf Offline
Duke status
afoaf  Offline
Duke status
**
A

Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 23,844
Originally Posted by FecalFace
Originally Posted by Surfdog
Originally Posted by Autoprax
How often do you deal with this issue in your daily life?

Never?


You probably have dealt with it more than I have, on campus and classrooms.

Where it all started.

If you say you haven't, you're lying.


He is one who's been dealing with it but it bothers you why again?


because what else is there to get unnecessarily outraged about?


if you haven't smoked DMT you have no credibility on any subject in surfing or outside of surfing...
Re: Good Father's Day Blog Post [Re: afoaf] #2969107
06/17/19 01:41 PM
06/17/19 01:41 PM
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 4,991
Southern Tip, Norcal
H
heelnipstr Offline
Miki Dora status
heelnipstr  Offline
Miki Dora status
**
H

Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 4,991
Southern Tip, Norcal
Originally Posted by afoaf
Originally Posted by FecalFace
Originally Posted by Surfdog
Originally Posted by Autoprax
How often do you deal with this issue in your daily life?

Never?


You probably have dealt with it more than I have, on campus and classrooms.

Where it all started.

If you say you haven't, you're lying.


He is one who's been dealing with it but it bothers you why again?


because what else is there to get unnecessarily outraged about?


but aloaf, if he just turns on fox news they will tell him.


If you see a Buddha in the road, ask which gender pronouns they prefer and then kill them.
Re: Good Father's Day Blog Post [Re: afoaf] #2969108
06/17/19 01:44 PM
06/17/19 01:44 PM
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 20,635
Petak Island
C
casa_mugrienta Offline
Duke status
casa_mugrienta  Offline
Duke status
**
C

Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 20,635
Petak Island
Originally Posted by afoaf
Quote
It has been 50 years since feminists first began to make the claim that women don't need men, and by every statistical measure we are worse off because of it.


interesting....

I'm curious to know what metrics she is considering



The actual metrics I've posted here.


Q: Secret aspiration?
A: Buy Pezman's mag and turn it into a piece of crap.
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12

Moderated by  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32