REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 25 of 34 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 33 34
Re: Nytimes: The Making of a YouTube Radical [Re: ifallalot] #2967233
06/13/19 12:12 AM
06/13/19 12:12 AM
A
afoaf Offline
Duke status
afoaf  Offline
Duke status
A

thank you, "taxation is amoral"

damn. using courier font. that is fooking aggressive man.
Re: Nytimes: The Making of a YouTube Radical [Re: the janitor] #2967251
06/13/19 12:34 AM
06/13/19 12:34 AM
your mom
F
FecalFace Online happy
Duke status
FecalFace  Online Happy
Duke status
F

your mom
Originally Posted by the janitor
Originally Posted by FecalFace
Originally Posted by afoaf
yeah, it doesn't make sense.

I don't see how parental advisory labels constitute censorship.

it's a rating system....just like the (imperfect) one YouTube uses to filter
out adult-themed content from younger viewers or the MPAA applies
to films.

no one is calling for censorship; respecting the right of a business to legally
enforce its own rules certainly doesn't amount to censorship once you
forego the assumption that some seem to posit here that YouTube has an
obligation to host all content (eg. GDaddy and BillyOcean)

Exactly.

That's why neither of them would touch my questions.

People are so used to internet being free for all that they lost sight of the reality of living in a society with other people.

There's no walk of life where you can behave like Crowder and not suffer some kind of consequences.

Not in your place of work, school, restaurant or any private space. You can go shout on the street but nobody owes you a platform, that was never the case in history.

And suffering the consequence doesn't mean that your right to free speech is taken away. foreheadslap

While I'll admit to moving the goalposts dancing

Bro, you moved the goalposts. dancing

Tipper Gore story is a falacy. I think several people pointed that out. (false concensus maybe?)

CD advisory stickers are not even censorship let alone comparable in any way of private media platforms giving voices to extremist ideology of any kind.

Look, I know it's a loaded question and that's why nobody wants it.

There's been never an instance in which private broadcasting corporations were obliged to give a paltform to ideologues.

Nobody in their right mind would call NBC "authoritarian" if they turned down the David Duke show.

Absurd. shrug

Change my mind.

"The real enemy are the (gun) manufactures of your toys and the NRA. They play on your fear to steal your money." - ifallalot / 2014
Re: Nytimes: The Making of a YouTube Radical [Re: ifallalot] #2967256
06/13/19 12:38 AM
06/13/19 12:38 AM
your mom
F
FecalFace Online happy
Duke status
FecalFace  Online Happy
Duke status
F

your mom
Originally Posted by ifallalot
Originally Posted by GDaddy
Originally Posted by GDaddy

What for? Youtube cannot be compelled to treat people fairly on their platform. That much is self-evident.

it's almost like all your preceding posts in this thread did not actually happen.

No it's not. I never advocated forcing Youtube to behave more consistently. I just think they're hypocrites for previously saying they were an open platform and then turning around and doing these other things.

Two assholes calling each other assholes is not harrassment. It's just arguing.

garbage; they never said they were an open platform in the way that you're using the term here

they have always had terms of service policies governing acceptable content

vile ad hominem is not arguing

"vile"

Good god

No coherent posts from either you or GDaddy, just usual emotional vomit.

Very feminine!

"The real enemy are the (gun) manufactures of your toys and the NRA. They play on your fear to steal your money." - ifallalot / 2014
Re: Nytimes: The Making of a YouTube Radical [Re: bird.] #2967265
06/13/19 12:54 AM
06/13/19 12:54 AM
north of the bridge
T
the janitor Offline
Rabbitt Bartholomew status
the janitor  Offline
T

north of the bridge
Originally Posted by bird.
I'm not saying Crowder or anyone else has a right to a fully monetized presence on whatever media platform. But if the ban hammer is mostly falling on one side then you can expect pushback from places that your board won't like.

Is it possible that another factor here is that the ban hammer falls mostly on right wing content more often because the two sides are not symmetrical in their flaunting of the TOS? How many left wing YouTubers regularly direct slurs at those they disagree with?

possible indeed, though I doubt (without have even a shred of data to back up the following) that the left are all that much better than the right in adhering to the fuzzy at best TOS on the various platforms.

But I probably need to take some DMT or mushrooms to really get a better perspective on all of this.

Re: Nytimes: The Making of a YouTube Radical [Re: frvcvs] #2967271
06/13/19 01:21 AM
06/13/19 01:21 AM
Vagina Point
A
Autoprax Online content
Duke status
Autoprax  Online Content
Duke status
A

Vagina Point
Can you get me some?

My acid connection fell through.

A threat response is a potent trigger for motivated reasoning.

"People who are right a lot listen a lot, and they change their mind a lot. . . . . They wake up and reanalyze things and change their mind. If you don't change your mind frequently, you're going to be wrong a lot."
Re: Nytimes: The Making of a YouTube Radical [Re: the janitor] #2967274
06/13/19 01:24 AM
06/13/19 01:24 AM
your mom
F
FecalFace Online happy
Duke status
FecalFace  Online Happy
Duke status
F

your mom
Originally Posted by bird.
I'm not saying Crowder or anyone else has a right to a fully monetized presence on whatever media platform. But if the ban hammer is mostly falling on one side then you can expect pushback from places that your board won't like.

Is it possible that another factor here is that the ban hammer falls mostly on right wing content more often because the two sides are not symmetrical in their flaunting of the TOS? How many left wing YouTubers regularly direct slurs at those they disagree with?

possible indeed, though I doubt (without have even a shred of data to back up the following) that the left are all that much better than the right in adhering to the fuzzy at best TOS on the various platforms.

But I probably need to take some DMT or mushrooms to really get a better perspective on all of this.

Take some mushrooms and then observe the difference between mocking somebody's opinion and shouting homophobic slurs at someone.

Maybe mushrooms will help you reach the next dimension. 🍄 smile2 🍄

Re: Nytimes: The Making of a YouTube Radical [Re: frvcvs] #2967277
06/13/19 01:35 AM
06/13/19 01:35 AM
your mom
F
FecalFace Online happy
Duke status
FecalFace  Online Happy
Duke status
F

your mom
This thread:

[Linked Image]

Re: Nytimes: The Making of a YouTube Radical [Re: FecalFace] #2967318
06/13/19 03:45 AM
06/13/19 03:45 AM
north of the bridge
T
the janitor Offline
the janitor  Offline
T

north of the bridge
I'll do my best to remember this thread and report back.

Re: Nytimes: The Making of a YouTube Radical [Re: the janitor] #2967329
06/13/19 04:09 AM
06/13/19 04:09 AM
your mom
F
FecalFace Online happy
Duke status
FecalFace  Online Happy
Duke status
F

your mom
I'll do my best to remember this thread and report back.

roflmao

That would be a very shitty trip.

Re: Nytimes: The Making of a YouTube Radical [Re: frvcvs] #2967543
06/13/19 03:46 PM
06/13/19 03:46 PM
Jacksonville Beach
S
Sharkbiscuit Offline
Phil Edwards status
Sharkbiscuit  Offline
Phil Edwards status
S

Jacksonville Beach
Originally Posted by NYT
Near the end of our interview, I told Mr. Cain that I found it odd that he had successfully climbed out of a right-wing YouTube rabbit hole, only to jump into a left-wing YouTube rabbit hole. I asked if he had considered cutting back on his video intake altogether, and rebuild some of his offline relationships.

Look at that NYT journalist encouraging the radicalization once it's left wing.

Originally Posted by NYT
Neither of these changes was intended to benefit the far right, and YouTube’s algorithm had no inherent preference for extreme political content. It treated a white nationalist monologue no differently from an Ariana Grande cover or a cake icing tutorial.

Here is the NYT hating America ^

Originally Posted by NYT

A few progressive YouTube channels flourished from 2012 to 2016. But they were dwarfed by creators on the right, who had developed an intuitive feel for the way YouTube’s platform worked and were better able to tap into an emerging wave of right-wing populism.

“I’m not sure the left understands the monumental ass-whupping being dished out to them on YouTube,” Mr. Watson, the conspiracy theorist, tweeted in 2017.

NYT quotes Paul Joseph Watson, which I suppose is the kind of deplatforming the right wing imaginary persecution complex loves to imagine, directly claiming that this is an asymmetrical issue on youtube. It's not the NYT making that up.

"Can you ask if she'll blow me too?" - Autoprax
Re: Nytimes: The Making of a YouTube Radical [Re: Sharkbiscuit] #2967549
06/13/19 03:52 PM
HB, CA
I
ifallalot Online sick
Duke status
ifallalot  Online Sick
Duke status
I

HB, CA
So by all these quotes, we can see that the Left is simply angry that they haven't figured out how to win the 2019 media battle, and it confirms GDaddy's point that the Left wants to silence opposing ideas because their's aren't good enough

dancing

My entire existence is a failed gotcha
Re: Nytimes: The Making of a YouTube Radical [Re: Sharkbiscuit] #2967550
your mom
F
FecalFace Online happy
Duke status
FecalFace  Online Happy
Duke status
F

your mom
Exactly.

The reason the right gets more bannage is because:

1) There's WAY more of them

2) They are bigger assholes

I don't follow a single lefty YouTube channel, I have zero interest and so do most intelligent people.

Just like AM radio and cable news, which is dominated by right wing propaganda, YT is just an extension of that.

Feeble minds live that shit.

Re: Nytimes: The Making of a YouTube Radical [Re: ifallalot] #2967555
06/13/19 03:54 PM
06/13/19 03:54 PM
your mom
F
FecalFace Online happy
Duke status
FecalFace  Online Happy
Duke status
F

your mom
So by all these quotes, we can see that the Left is simply angry that they haven't figured out how to win the 2019 media battle, and it confirms GDaddy's point that the Left wants to silence opposing ideas because their's aren't good enough

dancing

Nobody half intelligent would be interested to listening to a dickhead like Alex Jones, Limbaugh or Crowder screech your confirmation biases.

There's no "media battle". Feeble minded audience is mostly on the right.

Re: Nytimes: The Making of a YouTube Radical [Re: Sharkbiscuit] #2967556
06/13/19 03:55 PM
06/13/19 03:55 PM
M
mundus Offline
Miki Dora status
mundus  Offline
Miki Dora status
M

Originally Posted by Sharkbiscuit
Originally Posted by NYT
Near the end of our interview, I told Mr. Cain that I found it odd that he had successfully climbed out of a right-wing YouTube rabbit hole, only to jump into a left-wing YouTube rabbit hole. I asked if he had considered cutting back on his video intake altogether, and rebuild some of his offline relationships.

Look at that NYT journalist encouraging the radicalization once it's left wing.

Originally Posted by NYT
Neither of these changes was intended to benefit the far right, and YouTube’s algorithm had no inherent preference for extreme political content. It treated a white nationalist monologue no differently from an Ariana Grande cover or a cake icing tutorial.

Here is the NYT hating America ^

Originally Posted by NYT

A few progressive YouTube channels flourished from 2012 to 2016. But they were dwarfed by creators on the right, who had developed an intuitive feel for the way YouTube’s platform worked and were better able to tap into an emerging wave of right-wing populism.

“I’m not sure the left understands the monumental ass-whupping being dished out to them on YouTube,” Mr. Watson, the conspiracy theorist, tweeted in 2017.

NYT quotes Paul Joseph Watson, which I suppose is the kind of deplatforming the right wing imaginary persecution complex loves to imagine, directly claiming that this is an asymmetrical issue on youtube. It's not the NYT making that up.
None of those quotes say what you are claiming.

Re: Nytimes: The Making of a YouTube Radical [Re: ifallalot] #2967558
06/13/19 03:56 PM
06/13/19 03:56 PM
Jacksonville Beach
S
Sharkbiscuit Offline
Phil Edwards status
Sharkbiscuit  Offline
Phil Edwards status
S

Jacksonville Beach

dancing

No, by the quotes, we can see that YouTube isn't anti-right, there are just more right-leaning YouTubers. It rejects GDaddy's point completely.

"Can you ask if she'll blow me too?" - Autoprax
Page 25 of 34 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 33 34

Moderated by  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32