REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Puerto Escondido for Mortals? [Re: imwhite] #2975417
07/01/19 09:54 PM
07/01/19 09:54 PM
Rbeach
R
rowjimmytour Offline
Miki Dora status
rowjimmytour  Offline
Miki Dora status
R

Rbeach
Originally Posted by imwhite
Originally Posted by rowjimmytour
Originally Posted by rts265
I was in playa hermosa in CR on a big day and I was like efff, couldv'e stayed home for this...

just looking at other places, my favorite in El Salvador has gotten ridiculously expensive.

Surfed Playa Hermose big and is nothing like a beachbreak like Puerto or Pascuales. Only two I can think of here in CA OBSF and Blacks drowning
Panama could be a fun trip I heard the roads are nicer then CR and use dollors cheers

I hit up playa hermosa in cr and after surfing obsf on DOH to TOH days that place is a cake walk even at size. The take off is soft and then it just jacks, i wasn't all that impressed but that's just me. It was funny though for me b/c people who weren't using step offs were getting denied left and right yet i made it out no problem. I really enjoyed the 2-5 min paddle outs.

If it were me i'd just go to hawaii or french poly

foreheadslap
WTF people used skis at Playa Hermosa? If you need a ski at PH bezt to stay out of water monkey

There's a time to shit and a time for God
The last shit I took was pretty fooking' odd!
Re: Puerto Escondido for Mortals? [Re: rts265] #2975478
07/01/19 11:55 PM
07/01/19 11:55 PM
R
rts265 Offline OP
Miki Dora status
rts265  Offline OP
Miki Dora status
R

saw a recent video of an absolute thrashing at PE. It's off the list roflmao

Re: Puerto Escondido for Mortals? [Re: rts265] #2975499
07/02/19 12:36 AM
07/02/19 12:36 AM
S
StinkinHippie Offline
Nep status
StinkinHippie  Offline
Nep status
S

Meanwhile, just a hundred or so km down the coast, there are empty points. Like the one I surfed today. Overhead, carveable walls, barrel sections. 4 of us.

Re: Puerto Escondido for Mortals? [Re: rts265] #2976525
07/03/19 11:30 PM
07/03/19 11:30 PM
974surf Offline
Grom
974surf  Offline
Grom

One of my good friends moved there for a few years. He was a good surfer who was always up to surfing the powerful reefs where we lived (Reunion island). He said the waves in Puerto are incredibly powerful. As previously stated, most waves at the main beachbreak close out, but there are a few gems you get every now and then. He said he wound up surfing the point nearby because it was just way more fun. I guess you spend most of your time at the beach break pulling into closeouts and taking lumps hoping to be in the right place when a perfect one comes through. He and his wife left after a few years. He did say the locals there were great people though.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32