REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 31 of 34 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 34
Re: Nytimes: The Making of a YouTube Radical [Re: grapedrink] #2968893
06/16/19 07:27 PM
06/16/19 07:27 PM
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 33,708
your mom
F
FecalFace Offline
Duke status
FecalFace  Offline
Duke status
**
F

Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 33,708
your mom
Originally Posted by grapedrink
Quote
That's a very scientific proof that he didn't sounds whiny.

Yes, it's subjective, just like your impression poke
What I know for a fact was that he said AD-pocalypse, not apocalypse. He was speaking of the consequences of an external event, not that the loss in revenue was an apocalypse for him. So yeah, your interpretation in that regard was a fail, and a classic example of how you mischaracterize everything trout


If it's subjective than it's not a mischaracterization. Apocalypse or ADpocalypse, there's no difference, he's still an entitled whiny bitch.

YouTube doesn't owe you a job.

Originally Posted by grapedrink
Quote
Pakman schooled him on the Crowder case and he kept coming back for more. lololo

I agree. Rogan should've left issue of whether its okay to call someone a queer alone, especially in the way that Crowder did. Otherwise, they mostly agreed on everything else.

Oddly enough, Pakman feels the way the way I do. That engaging with people you disagree with, and finding flaws in their arguments and refuting them, is far more effective and educational for the audience than outright silencing. There's a lesson to be learned there poke


Okay great then we agree, Crowder was demonetized for a good reason. cheers

Of course we should engage people we disagree with, that's why I torture myself by listening to people I disagree with.

And spend time here. toilet


"The real enemy are the (gun) manufactures of your toys and the NRA. They play on your fear to steal your money." - ifallalot / 2014
Re: Nytimes: The Making of a YouTube Radical [Re: FecalFace] #2968899
06/16/19 07:42 PM
06/16/19 07:42 PM
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 7,076
A Beach
G
grapedrink Offline
Phil Edwards status
grapedrink  Offline
Phil Edwards status
**
G

Joined: May 2011
Posts: 7,076
A Beach
Quote
If it's subjective than it's not a mischaracterization. Apocalypse or ADpocalypse, there's no difference, he's still an entitled whiny bitch.

YouTube doesn't owe you a job.


No, you missed the point again.

What's subjective is whether or not he sounded whiny and entitled. I don' think he did, but you are welcome to think that he did.

What you mischaracterized was the AD-pocalpyse, which is a documented event, not a personal apocalypse/event. A simple google search turns up lots of info, but here's an example http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2017/12/can-youtube-survive-the-adpocalypse.html Pakman likely had his content flagged and demonitized because of the names of the the people in the video title, despite the fact that he was actively disagreeing with them and trying to point out the flaws in their reasoning.

Of course You Tube owes him nothing. He was merely stating that being able to monetize his content on you tube was an important part of his income stream, and that he changed his strategy afterwards. The article that started this thread shows far more entitlement with the "Wahhhh you tube/social media is diverting customers from traditional media" message, that is being echoed by the traditional media as a whole.

Nobody owes the NYT enough viewers for everyone there to keep their jobs either.

Quote
Of course we should engage people we disagree with, that's why I torture myself by listening people I disagree with.

Yet you support all for forms of deplatforming, even by force. Weird.


You forgot it was STOLEN?!
Re: Nytimes: The Making of a YouTube Radical [Re: FecalFace] #2968901
06/16/19 07:45 PM
06/16/19 07:45 PM
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 16,660
E
ElOgro Offline
Duke status
ElOgro  Offline
Duke status
**
E

Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 16,660
Originally Posted by FecalFace
Originally Posted by grapedrink
Quote
That's a very scientific proof that he didn't sounds whiny.

Yes, it's subjective, just like your impression poke
What I know for a fact was that he said AD-pocalypse, not apocalypse. He was speaking of the consequences of an external event, not that the loss in revenue was an apocalypse for him. So yeah, your interpretation in that regard was a fail, and a classic example of how you mischaracterize everything trout


If it's subjective than it's not a mischaracterization. Apocalypse or ADpocalypse, there's no difference, he's still an entitled whiny bitch.

YouTube doesn't owe you a job.

Originally Posted by grapedrink
Quote
Pakman schooled him on the Crowder case and he kept coming back for more. lololo

I agree. Rogan should've left issue of whether its okay to call someone a queer alone, especially in the way that Crowder did. Otherwise, they mostly agreed on everything else.

Oddly enough, Pakman feels the way the way I do. That engaging with people you disagree with, and finding flaws in their arguments and refuting them, is far more effective and educational for the audience than outright silencing. There's a lesson to be learned there poke


Okay great then we agree, Crowder was demonetized for a good reason. cheers

Of course we should engage people we disagree with, that's why I torture myself by listening to people I disagree with.

And spend time here. toilet


Queer. dancing


"That's their respect for me... I got leid," Rabbit Kekai

"That's all it takes--one moment." Sponge
Re: Nytimes: The Making of a YouTube Radical [Re: ElOgro] #2968906
06/16/19 08:04 PM
06/16/19 08:04 PM
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 33,708
your mom
F
FecalFace Offline
Duke status
FecalFace  Offline
Duke status
**
F

Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 33,708
your mom
Originally Posted by ElOgro

Queer. dancing


It's not homophobic if two gays call each other queer.


"The real enemy are the (gun) manufactures of your toys and the NRA. They play on your fear to steal your money." - ifallalot / 2014
Re: Nytimes: The Making of a YouTube Radical [Re: grapedrink] #2968908
06/16/19 08:08 PM
06/16/19 08:08 PM
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 33,708
your mom
F
FecalFace Offline
Duke status
FecalFace  Offline
Duke status
**
F

Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 33,708
your mom
Originally Posted by grapedrink


Of course You Tube owes him nothing. He was merely stating that being able to monetize his content on you tube was an important part of his income stream, and that he changed his strategy afterwards.


A.K.A. whining.

"I made only 19¢ in a day from YouTube"! bawling

Originally Posted by grapedrink
Nobody owes the NYT enough viewers for everyone there to keep their jobs either.


Wut? confused2

Originally Posted by grapedrink
Originally Posted by FecalFace
Of course we should engage people we disagree with, that's why I torture myself by listening people I disagree with.

Yet you support all for forms of deplatforming, even by force. Weird.


Lie.

Every banning on Twitter, Insta and YouTube was justified except of those caught in a shitty algorithm.

If you are talking about Berkeley, agitators went there specifically because they wanted conflict and that's what they've got.

Berkley doesn't owe you a platform either.


"The real enemy are the (gun) manufactures of your toys and the NRA. They play on your fear to steal your money." - ifallalot / 2014
Re: Nytimes: The Making of a YouTube Radical [Re: frvcvs] #2968918
06/16/19 08:52 PM
06/16/19 08:52 PM
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 7,076
A Beach
G
grapedrink Offline
Phil Edwards status
grapedrink  Offline
Phil Edwards status
**
G

Joined: May 2011
Posts: 7,076
A Beach
Quote
A.K.A. whining.

I don't consider stating the facts as whining, especially since he used that knowledge to change his business model. A whiner would've said "I can't make money anymore on you tube, so my business failed waaaahhh". He was surprised that it happened, acknowledged it, changed his strategy, and continued to succeed.

You just consider it whining because it fits your narrative. Again, subjective.

Quote
Wut? confused2

Like I said, there is far more whining coming from the traditional media in regards to viewers patronizing more alternative media sources, loss of ad revenue layoffs, Trump, etc. This article is an example of that, they just used the Alt Right as a vehicle.

Quote
If you are talking about Berkeley, agitators went there specifically because they wanted conflict and that's what they've got.

Still an example of deplatforming. Especially when there are tons of examples of non-agitators who get the same treatment. I've given you numerous examples of those types of speakers over the years, and you ignore them and circle back to Milo or Spencer.

Quote
Berkley doesn't owe you a platform either.

Actually it does, assuming I go through the proper channels. If I'm invited by a student club and we obtain the required permits, I can go on stage and say whatever the fook I want. Cause that's how freedom of speech works
ban


You forgot it was STOLEN?!
Re: Nytimes: The Making of a YouTube Radical [Re: frvcvs] #2968937
06/16/19 10:31 PM
06/16/19 10:31 PM
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 33,708
your mom
F
FecalFace Offline
Duke status
FecalFace  Offline
Duke status
**
F

Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 33,708
your mom
Oh man, you are useless at this.

He was stating facts AND whining, how about that? foreheadslap

Why are they talking about it if not to play victimz of liblur Silicon Valley?

Literally in every show Rogan and his guests whine about deplatforming and a left bias os social media platforms, which is bullshit of the first order (Pakman schooled him on that too).

I don’t listen to his fight podcasts but I’m sure he whines about deplatforming in those as well.

Deplatforming is the new DMT.


"The real enemy are the (gun) manufactures of your toys and the NRA. They play on your fear to steal your money." - ifallalot / 2014
Re: Nytimes: The Making of a YouTube Radical [Re: GDaddy] #2968945
06/16/19 10:50 PM
06/16/19 10:50 PM
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 23,880
A
afoaf Offline
Duke status
afoaf  Offline
Duke status
**
A

Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 23,880

Originally Posted by GDaddy

WRT social media companies being allowed to have their own TOS, that's fine. So long as it's okay to sue them for unequal applications.


let's ignore your imaginary and unsubstantiated "unequal applications" and focus on the absolutely
ridiculous notion that a user is going to sue YouTube because....their video was taken offline for
review because of content, privacy, or abuse complaints?

I'd love to hear more about the legal premise for such a move; you want government interventionism
in private business because you've developed a sense of victimhood despite the facts.


Quote
The righties thought they had more room on these outlets and now they're finding out that the companies are increasingly taking sides.


"more room" to....call people faggots?

what "side" is the company taking? the side of NOT calling people faggots?


Quote
I also think the use of the TOS as the excuse is akin to the IRS using the tax code to get Al Capone in order to stop him from doing other crimes for which they were unsuccessful at suppressing. It's an excuse that is legally defensible but his tax offenses were never the offense they were really after.


you're inferring A LOT of motivation and intent here.....you keep doing this without
substantiating your grand theory here that YouTube is deliberately targeting right wing
voices for deplatforming and demonetization as an exercise of political partisanship.


if you haven't smoked DMT you have no credibility on any subject in surfing or outside of surfing...
Re: Nytimes: The Making of a YouTube Radical [Re: frvcvs] #2968957
06/16/19 11:33 PM
06/16/19 11:33 PM
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 23,168
Carlsbad
G
GDaddy Offline
Duke status
GDaddy  Offline
Duke status
**
G

Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 23,168
Carlsbad
The Pinterest whistleblower brought the smoking gun with him which included the handle of the individual in that company who dorked their program to treat these figures like porn sites and you still don't want to believe that so I highly doubt there's any such thing as any form of "proof" that would you would find persuasive.

These companies are using "manifest observable behavior" as their criteria to act so I don't think it's at all unfair to apply the same measure to their own conduct. The BPS takedown was an example and there are others. He didn't call anyone a faggot nor does he have any history of doing anything edgy beyond critique globalism and political figures but he still got taken down. Time Pool didn't call anyone names or direct harassment to anyone - all he did was the same thing the mainstream outlets have been doing with the story and his vid got censored. These are not accidental nor coincidental.

Getting back to BPSs content, now that YT has walked his ban back his content is up again. You can go see for yourself if his content style was anything approaching transgressive. It's obviously not, but you'll never know for yourself unless you go and look.


#sowhat
Re: Nytimes: The Making of a YouTube Radical [Re: afoaf] #2968960
06/16/19 11:38 PM
06/16/19 11:38 PM
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 56,502
HB, CA
I
ifallalot Offline
Duke status
ifallalot  Offline
Duke status
**
I

Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 56,502
HB, CA
“Lispy queer” is the new “faggot?”

Can we attack the LGBTQEHWIHDHEJEUDBBWKEBEI++{#]* community for using “queer” as a descriptor?


My entire existence is a failed gotcha
Re: Nytimes: The Making of a YouTube Radical [Re: ifallalot] #2968963
06/16/19 11:46 PM
06/16/19 11:46 PM
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 381
San Clemente, Ca
M
MaxKookage Online content
Legend (inyourownmind)
MaxKookage  Online Content
Legend (inyourownmind)
M

Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 381
San Clemente, Ca
Originally Posted by ifallalot
“Lispy queer” is the new “faggot?”

Can we attack the LGBTQEHWIHDHEJEUDBBWKEBEI++{#]* community for using “queer” as a descriptor?

Special classes are beyond critique.

They can harass one another and people outside their group, but it is forbidden to engage in a debate with them.

See fecals arguing points as an example.

Re: Nytimes: The Making of a YouTube Radical [Re: frvcvs] #2968967
06/16/19 11:51 PM
06/16/19 11:51 PM
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 23,168
Carlsbad
G
GDaddy Offline
Duke status
GDaddy  Offline
Duke status
**
G

Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 23,168
Carlsbad
And just for the record, I do not want gov't to step in here. So my reference to tech companies getting sued relates to civil claims. If they want to intervene in these discussions the way CBS does when they broadcast programming then they should be just as liable as CBS is when they fail to act .

Moreover, it's not going to stop with their intended targets, either. They'e going to catch a lot of unintended targets and although they might have started with the right it's going to get to people on the left, too; which I oppose on the same basis. The right shouldn't need anyone to STFU in order to "win" an argument and they shouldn't cheer when it happens to people on the left. There is no get-even for political censorship.


#sowhat
Re: Nytimes: The Making of a YouTube Radical [Re: MaxKookage] #2968969
06/16/19 11:52 PM
06/16/19 11:52 PM
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 16,660
E
ElOgro Offline
Duke status
ElOgro  Offline
Duke status
**
E

Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 16,660
Originally Posted by MaxKookage
Originally Posted by ifallalot
“Lispy queer” is the new “faggot?”

Can we attack the LGBTQEHWIHDHEJEUDBBWKEBEI++{#]* community for using “queer” as a descriptor?

Special classes are beyond critique.

They can harass one another and people outside their group, but it is forbidden to engage in a debate with them.

See fecals arguing points as an example.


I sense an imminent ilking.


"That's their respect for me... I got leid," Rabbit Kekai

"That's all it takes--one moment." Sponge
Re: Nytimes: The Making of a YouTube Radical [Re: ifallalot] #2968986
06/17/19 12:37 AM
06/17/19 12:37 AM
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 33,708
your mom
F
FecalFace Offline
Duke status
FecalFace  Offline
Duke status
**
F

Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 33,708
your mom
Originally Posted by ifallalot
“Lispy queer” is the new “faggot?”

Can we attack the LGBTQEHWIHDHEJEUDBBWKEBEI++{#]* community for using “queer” as a descriptor?


No you can't asshole.

It's like Surfdog screeching WHY CANT I USE THE N WORD WHEN BLACK PEOPLE ARE USING IT

Go to a black/gay neighborhood and find out why.

Dickheads.


"The real enemy are the (gun) manufactures of your toys and the NRA. They play on your fear to steal your money." - ifallalot / 2014
Re: Nytimes: The Making of a YouTube Radical [Re: MaxKookage] #2968987
06/17/19 12:39 AM
06/17/19 12:39 AM
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 33,708
your mom
F
FecalFace Offline
Duke status
FecalFace  Offline
Duke status
**
F

Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 33,708
your mom
Originally Posted by MaxKookage
Originally Posted by ifallalot
“Lispy queer” is the new “faggot?”

Can we attack the LGBTQEHWIHDHEJEUDBBWKEBEI++{#]* community for using “queer” as a descriptor?

Special classes are beyond critique.

They can harass one another and people outside their group, but it is forbidden to engage in a debate with them.

See fecals arguing points as an example.


If you don't uderstand why you can't call somebody a queer but gay people can use the word amongst themselves, you are a fvcking moron.


"The real enemy are the (gun) manufactures of your toys and the NRA. They play on your fear to steal your money." - ifallalot / 2014
Page 31 of 34 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 34

Moderated by  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32