REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Costa Rica in December advice needed #2965241
06/09/19 12:24 AM
06/09/19 12:24 AM
M
mvsurf Offline OP
Grom
mvsurf  Offline OP
Grom
M

Thinking of taking family to Costa Rica in December. Haven't been back in 25 years (once i went to Indo that was it for me) but it's closer and more time friendly for my wife and 3 boys. They can all surf, ages 13, 17, 19, so can surf most everywhere down there, except for Caribbean side which we probably wouldn't do anyway.
In any case, we'd love a house on or near the ocean, beach break preferred, decent food in the area, other than that don't need much. We keep it pretty simple and are good at having fun on the fly.
Any advice is greatly appreciated in advance!

Thanks!

Re: Costa Rica in December advice needed [Re: mvsurf] #2965269
06/09/19 01:53 AM
06/09/19 01:53 AM
S
StinkinHippie Offline
Nep status
StinkinHippie  Offline
Nep status
S

They fook you over Xmas.

Everything is double. I'm looking at CR too and need a place with short walk or drive to surf. Pool for her. With some shade.

Looking at more money than I want to spend.

Re: Costa Rica in December advice needed [Re: mvsurf] #2987209
07/25/19 03:30 PM
07/25/19 03:30 PM
Houston, Texas
P
Pancakes15 Offline
Grom
Pancakes15  Offline
Grom
P

Houston, Texas
I'd say Nosara or Mal Pais is a good spot for everyone. Fun towns. Good food. Always surf. And its good for beginners. North CR catches North swell too.

Have at it!!!

Re: Costa Rica in December advice needed [Re: mvsurf] #2987289
07/25/19 05:39 PM
07/25/19 05:39 PM
Rbeach
R
rowjimmytour Offline
Miki Dora status
rowjimmytour  Offline
Miki Dora status
R

Rbeach
Carribean side has the waves during November to March Puerto Viejo plenty of places to stay but yes Xmas and Easter most expensive and also most crowded time with kids being off for Summer and families taking time off between Xmas and New Year go to beach. Salsa Brava is not only break beach break called cocles with plenty of places to stay around corner. Also Puerto Vargas easy day trip for hiking and surfing along with Manznilla.

Last edited by rowjimmytour; 07/25/19 08:50 PM.

There's a time to shit and a time for God
The last shit I took was pretty fooking' odd!

Moderated by  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32