REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 49 of 49 1 2 47 48 49
Re: KS gets all political and shit. [Re: Bohter] #2844638
09/10/18 06:01 PM
09/10/18 06:01 PM
San Francisco, CA
M
Mr Doof Offline
Duke status
Mr Doof  Offline
Duke status
M

San Francisco, CA
Originally Posted By: Bohter
2018 Bilderberg Meeting Agenda....
....includes "The Post-Truth World".
WTF does that mean?

Official Bilderberg site w/2018 Meeting Agenda

Q. "WTF does that mean"

A1
Post-truth politics (also called post-factual politics[1] and post-reality politics[2]) is a political culture in which debate is framed largely by appeals to emotion disconnected from the details of policy, and by the repeated assertion of talking points to which factual rebuttals are ignored. Post-truth differs from traditional contesting and falsifying of facts by relegating facts and expert opinions to be of secondary importance relative to appeal to emotion. While this has been described as a contemporary problem, some observers have described it as a long-standing part of political life that was less notable before the advent of the Internet and related social changes.

A2
We are living in a post-truth world, where alternative facts and fake news compete on an equal footing with peer-reviewed research and formerly-authoritative sources such as the United Kingdom's global news and current affairs service, the BBC.

Why is this happening? Many people blame the Internet and the smartphone revolution, but that isnt the whole story. Technology has exacerbated the problem, for sure, but the underlying social trend here dates back to the pre-computer era. Some people also blame prominent truth-challenged individuals, but we shouldnt mix up cause and effect: contempt for expert advice is what created the Trump bandwagon, not vice versa.

The post-truth era has emerged because of several long-cycle trends that affect how we make sense of the world around us. The phenomenon even has a name agnotology, the study of culturally induced ignorance or doubt. And it comes in a variety of flavors, from the relatively benign (persuading people through spin or selective use of facts) to the deliberately malicious (willful peddling of objectively incorrect information). The implications of agnotology, for business and for politics, are huge.

-------------------

The problem with a post-truth world is that civilization/society functions very differently in such a world.

Re: KS gets all political and shit. [Re: Mr Doof] #2845082
09/11/18 07:52 PM
09/11/18 07:52 PM
B
Bohter Offline
Michael Peterson status
Bohter  Offline
Michael Peterson status
B

Funky song for a funky feeling day....pains my heart.
RIP to those killed this day and afterward based on this event.

Last edited by Bohter; 09/11/18 07:53 PM.

Living is easy with eyes closed...Misunderstanding all you see. The Beatles
I know you've deceived me now here's a surprise...I know that you have because there's magic in my eyes. I can see for miles and miles... The Who
Nature abhors a vacuum....except when earth's pressure system is next to the vacuum of space.....then they coexist...unnaturally.
Re: KS gets all political and shit. [Re: Bonzer5Fin] #2845164
09/11/18 10:42 PM
09/11/18 10:42 PM
S
StuAzole Offline
Tom Curren status
StuAzole  Offline
Tom Curren status
S

I'm just glad Bohter still cares enough about us all to bring this topic back to life. What a champ.

Bock you
Re: KS gets all political and shit. [Re: StuAzole] #2964080
06/06/19 01:36 PM
06/06/19 01:36 PM
B
Bohter Offline
Michael Peterson status
Bohter  Offline
Michael Peterson status
B

If you are genuinely interested in the truth of what happened on 9/11....with respect to how the buildings came down....listen to this lecture...

Same guy that poised the question to the official 9/11 investigation team and got word salad for a response.

Don't focus on the "who done it"....focus on the how....then go from there....

Check out his channel on Youtube....before they take it down and make it harder to investigate things for yourself.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DavidChandler911/videos

Wake up folks....you've been bamboozled.

Last edited by Bohter; 06/06/19 01:37 PM.

Living is easy with eyes closed...Misunderstanding all you see. The Beatles
I know you've deceived me now here's a surprise...I know that you have because there's magic in my eyes. I can see for miles and miles... The Who
Nature abhors a vacuum....except when earth's pressure system is next to the vacuum of space.....then they coexist...unnaturally.
Re: KS gets all political and shit. [Re: Bonzer5Fin] #2964089
06/06/19 02:04 PM
06/06/19 02:04 PM
Vagina Point
A
Autoprax Offline
Duke status
Autoprax  Offline
Duke status
A

Vagina Point
It's always been a "post truth" world.

The framing effect works.

The nervous system loves to save energy and will employ a myriad of strategies to achieve that end.

A threat response is a potent trigger for motivated reasoning.

"People who are right a lot listen a lot, and they change their mind a lot. . . . . They wake up and reanalyze things and change their mind. If you don't change your mind frequently, you're going to be wrong a lot."
Page 49 of 49 1 2 47 48 49

Moderated by  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32