REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 21 22
Re: NPR's "Guidance Reminder"........not biased at all. [Re: BillyOcean] #2958055
05/23/19 02:44 PM
05/23/19 02:44 PM
M
mundus Offline
Miki Dora status
mundus  Offline
Miki Dora status
M

Originally Posted by BillyOcean
Originally Posted by mundus
I don’t know if you can call a voice punchable, but there are many punchable voices on NPR

Can you imagine being the spouse of one of those dweebs listening to him/her talk in the NPR voice all day long?

Intelligence always sounds punchable to the stupid, or those pretending to be stupid.

I love it when someone goes off script on the NPR propaganda program and the super calm NPR voice starts to get agitated

Who is agitated? Just noting that NPR is smarter than commercial broadcasting and the stupid hate them for it.

Re: NPR's "Guidance Reminder"........not biased at all. [Re: GromsDad] #2958061
05/23/19 02:54 PM
05/23/19 02:54 PM
Santa Barbara County
E
everysurfr Offline
Michael Peterson status
everysurfr  Offline
Michael Peterson status
E

Santa Barbara County
This is why GromsDad shouldn't always be an asshole. When he has something legitimate to say, nobody listens. Nobody ever listens to the boy who cried wolf.

Of course NPR is biased. As such, they shouldn't get state funding. On the other hand, it is balanced by the Church's tax exempt status. Every church who gets involved in politics, like when they laid hands on and supported tRump.

*** You are ignoring this user ***
Re: NPR's "Guidance Reminder"........not biased at all. [Re: mundus] #2958064
05/23/19 02:59 PM
05/23/19 02:59 PM
B
BillyOcean Offline
Tom Curren status
BillyOcean  Offline
Tom Curren status
B

I don’t know if you can call a voice punchable, but there are many punchable voices on NPR

Can you imagine being the spouse of one of those dweebs listening to him/her talk in the NPR voice all day long?

Intelligence always sounds punchable to the stupid, or those pretending to be stupid.

I love it when someone goes off script on the NPR propaganda program and the super calm NPR voice starts to get agitated

Who is agitated? Just noting that NPR is smarter than commercial broadcasting and the stupid hate them for it.

Listen to Rachel Martin whenever she interviews someone who is not a doctrinaire leftist

She will go from super chill to screeching inside 90 seconds

Re: NPR's "Guidance Reminder"........not biased at all. [Re: GromsDad] #2958065
05/23/19 03:01 PM
05/23/19 03:01 PM
P
patrolman Offline
Miki Dora status
patrolman  Offline
Miki Dora status
P

Originally Posted by GromsDad
Do you think coordinating language spoken on air to mirror the democrat party position and silence the pro-life position is OK on a network that is government funded?

Turn it around and would you be OK with your tax dollars going to them if they were coordinating their language to get out the republican platform?

Armed Forces Radio.

Re: NPR's "Guidance Reminder"........not biased at all. [Re: manbearpig] #2958071
05/23/19 03:14 PM
05/23/19 03:14 PM
West of the Atlantic. East of...
G
GromsDad Offline OP
Duke status
GromsDad  Offline OP
Duke status
G

West of the Atlantic. East of...
Originally Posted by manbearpig
About 2% of NPR is funded by government, so to say it’s government funded is a bit disingenuous.

Since its only 2% of their funding they shouldn't miss it at all and people like you shouldn't mind at all if their funding gets eliminated.....Right??? Somehow I don't think that would be the reaction of the left if one of their propaganda tools loses its government funding. You can bet they would be losing their minds and screaming about unfairness and 1st amendment crisis bullshit.

“I always thank God I didn't go to film school because I would have learned that I couldn't be doing what I've been doing already.” - Bruce Brown,
Re: NPR's "Guidance Reminder"........not biased at all. [Re: GromsDad] #2958083
05/23/19 03:38 PM
05/23/19 03:38 PM
in the bathroom
M
manbearpig Offline
Tom Curren status
manbearpig  Offline
Tom Curren status
M

in the bathroom
[Linked Image]

Re: NPR's "Guidance Reminder"........not biased at all. [Re: GromsDad] #2958094
05/23/19 04:03 PM
05/23/19 04:03 PM
Urbana, Illinois
H
hal9000 Offline
Tom Curren status
hal9000  Offline
Tom Curren status
H

Urbana, Illinois
Just show us a few examples of non-fact-based reporting by NPR.

I'll wait.

"I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that."
Re: NPR's "Guidance Reminder"........not biased at all. [Re: casa_mugrienta] #2958109
05/23/19 04:20 PM
05/23/19 04:20 PM
A Beach
G
grapedrink Online happy
Phil Edwards status
grapedrink  Online Happy
Phil Edwards status
G

A Beach
Originally Posted by CasaMugrienta
NPR has a left wing agenda.

I know this because I listen to it and its blatantly obvious.

That's not a mischaracterization.

This. I'm a former avid listener in recovery.

I started listening regularly in 2012, when the work truck I used only had a radio. I was able to pick up KQED from SF. At the time the programming was solid. Talk of the Nation for 2 hours, followed by an hour of Forum, with Brian Lehrer and Marketplace in the afternoon (IIRC, I may have this schedule confused with the XM version at the time). When TOTN retired, it was replaced by Here and Now, which has always been absolute tripe. To go from an in depth 2 hour show on one topic to another that bounces around to different topics and stories every 3-5 minutes was lame and hard to follow. Now the XM NPR is complete garbage, with 4 hours of Here and Now in the middle of the day. Yawn sleeping

When I upgraded my job and work rig in 2014, I still listened regularly. The XM version was decent at the time. However once Trump was elected, it became 24/7 Trump Derangement. And this is coming from someone who despises Trump, mind you, so don't go ilking me shameonyou Every time Trump farts out of his mouth on Twitter, you have hours of analysis about it the following day. The countless number of episodes after the election were along the lines of "WHY DID TRUMP WIN WAAAHH WHITE SUPREMCY WAAAH" clearly illustrated how out of touch the Left is with the rest of the country.

For those reasons, I hardly listen any more. SharkBiscuit nailed it too- I feel like I've aged 40 years when I here the commercials with background music that sounds like it was composed by the bastard child of Dan Fogelberg and Kenny Rogers sleeping

You forgot it was STOLEN?!
Re: NPR's "Guidance Reminder"........not biased at all. [Re: hal9000] #2958111
05/23/19 04:22 PM
05/23/19 04:22 PM
A Beach
G
grapedrink Online happy
Phil Edwards status
grapedrink  Online Happy
Phil Edwards status
G

A Beach
Originally Posted by hal9000
Just show us a few examples of non-fact-based reporting by NPR.

I'll wait.

It's not that they don't report fact, it's the framing that is biased (Autoprax, Out!). Also, the selection of guests and which callers they allow to air their opinions. It's tough to quantify and subjective, but the bias is clear IMO

You forgot it was STOLEN?!
Re: NPR's "Guidance Reminder"........not biased at all. [Re: grapedrink] #2958112
05/23/19 04:26 PM
05/23/19 04:26 PM
A
afoaf Offline
Duke status
afoaf  Offline
Duke status
A

mayhaps, but if you look at the article posted by the OP, what you're seeing is
an organization looking to strip the bias out of some of the language being used
in the reporting of these issues. I'm sure umbrage will be taken with this statement....

I love Morning Becomes Ecclectic...Henry Rollins' show, Garth Trinidad, and Jason
Bentley's radio/DJ shows.

so much good new music in there.

it's hard to keep up on new music....I refuse to stay looped in on the shit I listened
to in high school and college like most folks tend to do.

if you haven't smoked DMT you have no credibility on any subject in surfing or outside of surfing...
Re: NPR's "Guidance Reminder"........not biased at all. [Re: afoaf] #2958119
05/23/19 04:37 PM
05/23/19 04:37 PM
Urbana, Illinois
H
hal9000 Offline
Tom Curren status
hal9000  Offline
Tom Curren status
H

Urbana, Illinois
Originally Posted by afoaf
an organization looking to strip the bias out of some of the language being used
in the reporting of these issues. I'm sure umbrage will be taken with this statement....

I love Morning Becomes Ecclectic...Henry Rollins' show, Garth Trinidad, and Jason
Bentley's radio/DJ shows.

so much good new music in there.

it's hard to keep up on new music....I refuse to stay looped in on the shit I listened
to in high school and college like most folks tend to do.

Subpop is still putting out great stuff.

I just found the band Bully. I'm obsessed. What can I say, I love girls who can sing and also play loud, distorted guitar.

"I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that."
Re: NPR's "Guidance Reminder"........not biased at all. [Re: GromsDad] #2958122
05/23/19 04:41 PM
05/23/19 04:41 PM
P
patrolman Offline
Miki Dora status
patrolman  Offline
Miki Dora status
P

KCRW's music tends to be too somnambulant for me....

Re: NPR's "Guidance Reminder"........not biased at all. [Re: patrolman] #2958138
05/23/19 05:19 PM
05/23/19 05:19 PM
The Bar
K
Kento Offline
Duke status
Kento  Offline
Duke status
K

The Bar
https://stuffwhitepeoplelike.com/2008/01/31/44-public-radio/

Summer: Who was that? It sounded like a girl.
Seth: Did it? Yeah. Well, sure. Because I’m listening to the radio. And This American Life is on. And so there’s a girl talking.
Summer: Is that that show where those hipster know-it-alls talk about how fascinating ordinary people are? God.

Leave it to a show about stereotypical white people, to actually explain how real white people act. The quote above is from the television show “The O.C.” and the character of Summer is making reference to the Public Radio show “This American Life”. White people have an uncanny ability to make the ordinary exciting and there is no better forum than public radio to best showcase this.

White people love stations like NPR (which is equivalent to listening to cardboard), and they love shows like This American Life and Democracy Now. This confuses immigrants from the third world. The see the need for radio as a source for sports, top 40 radio and traffic reports but they don’t quite understand why people who can afford TVs and have access to Youtube, would spend hours listening to the opinions of overeducated arts majors.

To explain this love for Public Radio, one only needs to summarize several previous posts on this website. Let’s use my friend Craig as an example. Craig has a high paying 9 to 5 so he feels guilty about all the problems in the world. To make himself feel better he likes being socially aware of things Post #18. However he spends most of his time indulging in the arts and going out for dinner so he has little time to devote to this. He found solace in The Daily Show Post#35, however he decided that life would be better if he did not have a TV post #28. Craig found an adequate replacement in Public Radio.

Craig loves Public Radio because it gave him an opportunity to download podcasts on his ipod Post #40. More important, was the fact that the download was free, because Public Radio is non profit Post #12. After Craig listens to people like Amy Goodman and David Sedaris Post#25, he feels like he is an expert Post#20 on the issues that they talk about like polygamy in third world or how awesome it is to watch an old lady pick apples. He brings up these topics to his bosses when they are having dinner or playing golf and next thing you know, he’s landed that promotion. All white people’s opinions are developed from Public Radio. So if you want to sound smart in front of White People, just bring up a topic that was discussed on Public Radio

Now if you truly want to understand White People I recommend listening to Episode 328 of This American Life, entitled “What I Learned from Television”. The episode was recorded in front of a live audience, and what is important here is not the content of the episode but rather the reaction from the audience. Listen to times when they laugh and when there is applause. Confusing? Yes it is! But we’re all here to figure out White People and somehow Public Radio has the answer.

(editor’s note: middle portion of the episode where the gay guy who doesn’t own a TV, talks about his one week experiment in TV watching, is an example of what White people love listening to.)

Nothing is obscene provided it is done in bad taste.

Russ Meyer
Re: NPR's "Guidance Reminder"........not biased at all. [Re: BillyOcean] #2958147
05/23/19 05:40 PM
05/23/19 05:40 PM
Petak Island
C
casa_mugrienta Offline
Duke status
casa_mugrienta  Offline
Duke status
C

Petak Island

LOL YES!!

Q: Secret aspiration?
A: Buy Pezman's mag and turn it into a piece of crap.
Re: NPR's "Guidance Reminder"........not biased at all. [Re: afoaf] #2958151
05/23/19 05:48 PM
05/23/19 05:48 PM
Petak Island
C
casa_mugrienta Offline
Duke status
casa_mugrienta  Offline
Duke status
C

Petak Island
Originally Posted by afoaf

umbrage, no

It is, however, a retarded statement for you to make. Because you know better.

The memo is exactly the kind of memo we would get when I was a news reporter, passed along by our editor, when the publisher wanted to frame a particular issue. It was like deja vu reading it.

Q: Secret aspiration?
A: Buy Pezman's mag and turn it into a piece of crap.
Page 3 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 21 22

Moderated by  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32