REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 13 1 2 9 10 11 12 13
Re: INTERSECTIONALITY IS JUST INTERNET MADNESS- IT DOESN'T HAPPEN IN THE REAL WORLD [Re: Autoprax] #2956231
05/18/19 02:09 PM
05/18/19 02:09 PM
HB, CA
I
ifallalot Offline OP
Duke status
ifallalot  Offline OP
Duke status
I

HB, CA
Originally Posted by Autoprax
Your kid can just go to a CC, living at home, and then transfer to a state college.

If money is an issue, that is the only way to do to college.

People a fvcking nuts when it comes to college.

I would have been better at school and less in debt if I did the CC-UC route as opposed to fooking off at a state college for 5 years

However it all worked out in the end so que sera sera

My entire existence is a failed gotcha
Re: INTERSECTIONALITY IS JUST INTERNET MADNESS- IT DOESN'T HAPPEN IN THE REAL WORLD [Re: ifallalot] #2956235
05/18/19 02:14 PM
05/18/19 02:14 PM
your mom
F
FecalFace Offline
Duke status
FecalFace  Offline
Duke status
F

your mom
Originally Posted by ifallalot
Nice retort

You didn't say anything of any substance so there's nothing to retort.

Mainly just white knighting for rich people for being "morally" wronged. roflmao

Re: INTERSECTIONALITY IS JUST INTERNET MADNESS- IT DOESN'T HAPPEN IN THE REAL WORLD [Re: FecalFace] #2956243
05/18/19 02:21 PM
05/18/19 02:21 PM
HB, CA
I
ifallalot Offline OP
Duke status
ifallalot  Offline OP
Duke status
I

HB, CA
Originally Posted by FecalFace
Nice retort

Mainly just white knighting for rich people for being "morally" wronged. roflmao

For someone who professes to fight for equality you have zero idea what equality actually is

Re: INTERSECTIONALITY IS JUST INTERNET MADNESS- IT DOESN'T HAPPEN IN THE REAL WORLD [Re: ifallalot] #2956248
05/18/19 02:25 PM
05/18/19 02:25 PM
your mom
F
FecalFace Offline
Duke status
FecalFace  Offline
Duke status
F

your mom
Nice retort

For someone who professes to fight for equality you have zero idea what equality actually is

Right, because it's the rich and privileged who are unequal.

When people who are actually wronged seek equality, it's "special treatment".

And it's pretty comical for you to talk about any kind of morality. Sheesh.

You are completely devoid of both morality and any sense of ethics.

Re: INTERSECTIONALITY IS JUST INTERNET MADNESS- IT DOESN'T HAPPEN IN THE REAL WORLD [Re: FecalFace] #2956254
05/18/19 02:28 PM
05/18/19 02:28 PM
HB, CA
I
ifallalot Offline OP
Duke status
ifallalot  Offline OP
Duke status
I

HB, CA
Nice retort

Holy shit. You have it completely backwards, just like usual.

Equality doesn't come from seeking remedies for past "wrongs," equality is equal treatment of everyone, regardless of background. People seeking remedies that creates other inequalities is absolutely special treatment. I have no idea why this is so hard for you to understand

Equity of outcome is not equality.

Re: INTERSECTIONALITY IS JUST INTERNET MADNESS- IT DOESN'T HAPPEN IN THE REAL WORLD [Re: ifallalot] #2956261
05/18/19 02:36 PM
05/18/19 02:36 PM
your mom
F
FecalFace Offline
Duke status
FecalFace  Offline
Duke status
F

your mom
Nice retort

Holy shit. You have it completely backwards, just like usual.

Equality doesn't come from seeking remedies for past "wrongs," equality is equal treatment of everyone, regardless of background. People seeking remedies that creates other inequalities is absolutely special treatment. I have no idea why this is so hard for you to understand

Equity of outcome is not equality.

"Past wrongs" implies that racism, sexism or xenophobia don't exist in this country.

That very easily disproved.

Saying equality is "special treatment" in those cases but crying about rich and privileged being "morally wronged" is comical and offensive.

You are the worst kind of SJW.

Re: INTERSECTIONALITY IS JUST INTERNET MADNESS- IT DOESN'T HAPPEN IN THE REAL WORLD [Re: FecalFace] #2956268
05/18/19 02:54 PM
05/18/19 02:54 PM
HB, CA
I
ifallalot Offline OP
Duke status
ifallalot  Offline OP
Duke status
I

HB, CA

"Past wrongs" implies that racism, sexism or xenophobia don't exist in this country.

Saying equality is "special treatment" in those cases but crying about rich and privileged being "morally wronged" is comical and offensive.

You seriously don't get it

So to "fix" racism, sexism, and xenophobia, you propose to fight it with more racism, sexism, and xenophobia?

Special treatment is not equality. Equality requires both the positive and negative sides of the ledger. The "rich and privileged" are subject to the same morality as everyone else, despite your jealousy

Re: INTERSECTIONALITY IS JUST INTERNET MADNESS- IT DOESN'T HAPPEN IN THE REAL WORLD [Re: ifallalot] #2956271
05/18/19 02:57 PM
05/18/19 02:57 PM
Carlsbad
G
GDaddy Offline
Duke status
GDaddy  Offline
Duke status
G

Carlsbad
Equal treatment is a barrier to the equal outcomes, which is why they don't seek equal and instead are seeking equity. It is the search for equity that is used to rationalize disparate treatment.

#sowhat
Re: INTERSECTIONALITY IS JUST INTERNET MADNESS- IT DOESN'T HAPPEN IN THE REAL WORLD [Re: ifallalot] #2956277
05/18/19 03:04 PM
05/18/19 03:04 PM
your mom
F
FecalFace Offline
Duke status
FecalFace  Offline
Duke status
F

your mom

You seriously don't get it

So to "fix" racism, sexism, and xenophobia, you propose to fight it with more racism, sexism, and xenophobia?

What?

Seriously WTF are you talking about? Who ever said anything like that?

Special treatment is not equality. Equality requires both the positive and negative sides of the ledger. The "rich and privileged" are subject to the same morality as everyone else, despite your jealousy

Nice straw man.

You keep talking about "special treatment" while completely ignoring the fact that inequality demonstrably exists.

"Rich people are subject to same morality", what morality?

You don't apply that same morality in any other case. Exactly the opposite.

I'm not "jealous" of the rich people, I just find it comical that that's who you choose to white knight for while ignoring the actual inequality.

Re: INTERSECTIONALITY IS JUST INTERNET MADNESS- IT DOESN'T HAPPEN IN THE REAL WORLD [Re: ifallalot] #2956280
05/18/19 03:08 PM
05/18/19 03:08 PM
Carlsbad
G
GDaddy Offline
Duke status
GDaddy  Offline
Duke status
G

Carlsbad
Unequal outcomes exist among adult siblings (as just one example). That doesn't mean they were ever treated unequally or that treating the less successful one more favorably from here on out will make their outcome equal to the more successful one.

#sowhat
Re: INTERSECTIONALITY IS JUST INTERNET MADNESS- IT DOESN'T HAPPEN IN THE REAL WORLD [Re: GDaddy] #2956281
05/18/19 03:11 PM
05/18/19 03:11 PM
your mom
F
FecalFace Offline
Duke status
FecalFace  Offline
Duke status
F

your mom
Originally Posted by GDaddy
Unequal outcomes exist among adult siblings (as just one example). That doesn't mean they were ever treated unequally or that treating the less successful one more favorably from here on out will make their outcome equal to the more successful one.

Nobody is calling for equal outcomes.

This is about equal opportunity.

It's not that hard.

Re: INTERSECTIONALITY IS JUST INTERNET MADNESS- IT DOESN'T HAPPEN IN THE REAL WORLD [Re: ifallalot] #2956283
05/18/19 03:14 PM
05/18/19 03:14 PM
Carlsbad
G
GDaddy Offline
Duke status
GDaddy  Offline
Duke status
G

Carlsbad
Equal opportunity comes from equal treatment, not disparate treatment.

The whole pay-to-play college admissions bribery scandal is a crime precisely because the accused attempted to acquire the disparate treatment in order to compensate for the individual's inferior choices and performance. It's immoral for a parent to do that and it's equally immoral for the state or a college to do that.

Legacy admissions and politically-motivated biases are other examples of that disparate treatment and they've gotta go, too.

I DGAF if UCLA's entire class of 2025 is asian or any other group if that occurs as a result of their performance.

#sowhat
Re: INTERSECTIONALITY IS JUST INTERNET MADNESS- IT DOESN'T HAPPEN IN THE REAL WORLD [Re: FecalFace] #2956287
05/18/19 03:21 PM
05/18/19 03:21 PM
HB, CA
I
ifallalot Offline OP
Duke status
ifallalot  Offline OP
Duke status
I

HB, CA
Originally Posted by GDaddy

Nobody is calling for equal outcomes.

This is about equal opportunity.

It's not that hard.

And denying certain people opportunity because of things outside of their control is the exact opposite of equal opportunity.

Re: INTERSECTIONALITY IS JUST INTERNET MADNESS- IT DOESN'T HAPPEN IN THE REAL WORLD [Re: ifallalot] #2956293
05/18/19 03:29 PM
05/18/19 03:29 PM
your mom
F
FecalFace Offline
Duke status
FecalFace  Offline
Duke status
F

your mom
Explain how is this denying opportunity.

Re: INTERSECTIONALITY IS JUST INTERNET MADNESS- IT DOESN'T HAPPEN IN THE REAL WORLD [Re: ifallalot] #2956304
05/18/19 03:57 PM
05/18/19 03:57 PM
1whoknows Offline
Phil Edwards status
1whoknows  Offline
Phil Edwards status

“The College Board plans to assign an adversity score to every student who takes the SAT to try to capture their social and economic background, jumping into the debate raging over race and class in college admissions.”

Who is on this “College Board?” Must be a bunch of black single mothers from Compton, Baltimore, and Detroit. Nawimsayin?

“God, I’m glad I’m not me.” Bob Dylan
Page 11 of 13 1 2 9 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32