REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 13 1 2 3 4 12 13
Re: INTERSECTIONALITY IS JUST INTERNET MADNESS- IT DOESN'T HAPPEN IN THE REAL WORLD [Re: rice] #2955307
05/16/19 10:40 PM
05/16/19 10:40 PM
Petak Island
C
casa_mugrienta Offline
Duke status
casa_mugrienta  Offline
Duke status
C

Petak Island
Originally Posted by rice
Originally Posted by casa_mugrienta
Thanks.

So you would be OK with your kids being put at a disadvantage in the college admissions process simply because they come from upper middle class Whitesville, CA?

They already have an obvious advantage coming from "upper middle class Whitesville", with involved parents that love them and have pushed education and helped them from early on.

So, I think the thought is, that this new scoring would try to help level the playing field, for the kids that didn't/don't have that.

Sounds like a good idea, to me. shrug

So natural advantage is now a problem?

And you think people coming from adverse environments don't have "involved parents that love them and have pushed education and helped them from early on"?

That's kinda bigoted.

Should we start doing IQ tests in attempt to "level the playing field" as well as high IQ individuals are obviously advantaged?

Q: Secret aspiration?
A: Buy Pezman's mag and turn it into a piece of crap.
Re: INTERSECTIONALITY IS JUST INTERNET MADNESS- IT DOESN'T HAPPEN IN THE REAL WORLD [Re: casa_mugrienta] #2955312
05/16/19 10:43 PM
05/16/19 10:43 PM
LA
B
bird. Offline
Phil Edwards status
bird.  Offline
Phil Edwards status
B

LA
Should we start doing IQ tests in attempt to "level the playing field" as well as high IQ individuals are obviously advantaged?

LMAO. What do you think the SAT is?

Re: INTERSECTIONALITY IS JUST INTERNET MADNESS- IT DOESN'T HAPPEN IN THE REAL WORLD [Re: bird.] #2955315
05/16/19 10:49 PM
05/16/19 10:49 PM
Petak Island
C
casa_mugrienta Offline
Duke status
casa_mugrienta  Offline
Duke status
C

Petak Island
Originally Posted by bird.

Why is that funny?

SAT is a measurement of reading, writing , and math proficiency for college entrance. Nothing more.

Re: INTERSECTIONALITY IS JUST INTERNET MADNESS- IT DOESN'T HAPPEN IN THE REAL WORLD [Re: ifallalot] #2955317
05/16/19 10:53 PM
Petak Island
C
casa_mugrienta Offline
Duke status
casa_mugrienta  Offline
Duke status
C

Petak Island
High IQ isn't fair, just like being born into a low-crime stable environment isn't fair.

More like an unfair advantage.

We need to level the playing field.

Right?

Re: INTERSECTIONALITY IS JUST INTERNET MADNESS- IT DOESN'T HAPPEN IN THE REAL WORLD [Re: casa_mugrienta] #2955318
LA
B
bird. Offline
Phil Edwards status
bird.  Offline
Phil Edwards status
B

LA

Why is that funny?

SAT is a measurement of reading, writing , and math proficiency for college entrance. Nothing more.

"Furthermore, the SAT is largely a measure of general intelligence. Scores on the SAT correlate very highly with scores on standardized tests of intelligence, and like IQ scores, are stable across time and not easily increased through training, coaching or practice. SAT preparation courses appear to work, but the gains are small — on average, no more than about 20 points per section."

https://www.nytimes.com/roomfordeba...tter/the-sat-is-a-good-intelligence-test

Re: INTERSECTIONALITY IS JUST INTERNET MADNESS- IT DOESN'T HAPPEN IN THE REAL WORLD [Re: rice] #2955326
05/16/19 11:14 PM
05/16/19 11:14 PM
HB, CA
I
ifallalot Offline OP
Duke status
ifallalot  Offline OP
Duke status
I

HB, CA
Originally Posted by Kento
Poor upper class white kids. bawling

They can't get a high adversity score.

With all the resources at their disposal, there's absolutely no excuse to get below a 1300 (on 1600 scale) on the SAT.

If you have unlimited access to tutors, prep courses, study guides, and you STILL get an 1150, should you really be going somewhere even as prestigious as ASU?

Who has any of that stuff?

Poor upper class white kids. bawling

They can't get a high adversity score.

Your soon-to-be college kids are the exact ones who will be affected negatively by this

My entire existence is a failed gotcha
Re: INTERSECTIONALITY IS JUST INTERNET MADNESS- IT DOESN'T HAPPEN IN THE REAL WORLD [Re: rice] #2955327
05/16/19 11:15 PM
05/16/19 11:15 PM
HB, CA
I
ifallalot Offline OP
Duke status
ifallalot  Offline OP
Duke status
I

HB, CA
Thanks.

So you would be OK with your kids being put at a disadvantage in the college admissions process simply because they come from upper middle class Whitesville, CA?

They already have an obvious advantage coming from "upper middle class Whitesville", with involved parents that love them and have pushed education and helped them from early on.

So, I think the thought is, that this new scoring would try to help level the playing field, for the kids that didn't/don't have that.

Wow. Pure bigotry

And where you live is 100% upper class when based on any scale, even within California.

Re: INTERSECTIONALITY IS JUST INTERNET MADNESS- IT DOESN'T HAPPEN IN THE REAL WORLD [Re: casa_mugrienta] #2955331
05/16/19 11:19 PM
05/16/19 11:19 PM
your mom
F
FecalFace Offline
Duke status
FecalFace  Offline
Duke status
F

your mom
High IQ isn't fair, just like being born into a low-crime stable environment isn't fair.

Right?

What a fvcking moron.

Nobody is saying that.

IQ =\= priviledge

"The real enemy are the (gun) manufactures of your toys and the NRA. They play on your fear to steal your money." - ifallalot / 2014
Re: INTERSECTIONALITY IS JUST INTERNET MADNESS- IT DOESN'T HAPPEN IN THE REAL WORLD [Re: FecalFace] #2955333
05/16/19 11:20 PM
05/16/19 11:20 PM
HB, CA
I
ifallalot Offline OP
Duke status
ifallalot  Offline OP
Duke status
I

HB, CA
Originally Posted by FecalFace

Right?

What a fvcking moron.

Nobody is saying that.

IQ =\= priviledge

Yeah, no one is saying that because it illustrates how insane it is to attempt equity as opposed to equal opportunity.

The only fair way to do anything since life is unfair is pure meritocracy

Re: INTERSECTIONALITY IS JUST INTERNET MADNESS- IT DOESN'T HAPPEN IN THE REAL WORLD [Re: ifallalot] #2955335
05/16/19 11:23 PM
05/16/19 11:23 PM
LA
B
bird. Offline
Phil Edwards status
bird.  Offline
Phil Edwards status
B

LA
This is 100% about equal opportunity. Try to ignore your feelings for a moment.

Re: INTERSECTIONALITY IS JUST INTERNET MADNESS- IT DOESN'T HAPPEN IN THE REAL WORLD [Re: ifallalot] #2955336
05/16/19 11:24 PM
05/16/19 11:24 PM
1whoknows Offline
Phil Edwards status
1whoknows  Offline
Phil Edwards status

Originally Posted by ifallalot
Thanks.

Wow. Pure bigotry

And where you live is 100% upper class when based on any scale, even within California.

I’m not sure why rice or anyone else would entertain your offensive ideas and presentation. Rice’s honesty about his good fortune in life is refreshing and sincere.

“God, I’m glad I’m not me.” Bob Dylan
Re: INTERSECTIONALITY IS JUST INTERNET MADNESS- IT DOESN'T HAPPEN IN THE REAL WORLD [Re: bird.] #2955340
05/16/19 11:28 PM
HB, CA
I
ifallalot Offline OP
Duke status
ifallalot  Offline OP
Duke status
I

HB, CA

It is the absolute opposite of equal opportunity.

It is purposefully denying equal access to certain people because of their demographics

Re: INTERSECTIONALITY IS JUST INTERNET MADNESS- IT DOESN'T HAPPEN IN THE REAL WORLD [Re: ifallalot] #2955341
LA
B
bird. Offline
Phil Edwards status
bird.  Offline
Phil Edwards status
B

LA
Originally Posted by ifallalot

It is the absolute opposite of equal opportunity.

It is purposefully denying equal access to certain people because of their demographics

I am sure that you feel that way.

Re: INTERSECTIONALITY IS JUST INTERNET MADNESS- IT DOESN'T HAPPEN IN THE REAL WORLD [Re: ifallalot] #2955342
05/16/19 11:29 PM
05/16/19 11:29 PM
HB, CA
I
ifallalot Offline OP
Duke status
ifallalot  Offline OP
Duke status
I

HB, CA
Here's our resident lefties

[Linked Image]

Last edited by ifallalot; 05/16/19 11:29 PM.

Re: INTERSECTIONALITY IS JUST INTERNET MADNESS- IT DOESN'T HAPPEN IN THE REAL WORLD [Re: 1whoknows] #2955344
05/16/19 11:30 PM
05/16/19 11:30 PM
1whoknows Offline
Phil Edwards status
1whoknows  Offline
Phil Edwards status

He knows his kids will be negatively effected and he accepts it.

Farmers in Missouri are saying that they know they’ll be negatively effected by the trade war/tariff war with China, but they accept it. They’ve been told to trust trump to level the playing field. Maybe rice is like a missouri farmer.

“God, I’m glad I’m not me.” Bob Dylan
Page 2 of 13 1 2 3 4 12 13

Moderated by  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32