REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 13 1 2 11 12 13
Re: INTERSECTIONALITY IS JUST INTERNET MADNESS- IT DOESN'T HAPPEN IN THE REAL WORLD [Re: GDaddy] #2956396
05/18/19 11:08 PM
05/18/19 11:08 PM
A
afoaf Offline
Duke status
afoaf  Offline
Duke status
A

Originally Posted by GDaddy
Schools in Asia operate on a competitive basis that dwarfs what happens in the college admittance programs here in the U.S..

it's interesting to hear my Japanese sis-in-law talk about school back in Japan.

school on weekends.

janitorial duty for the students.

brutal entrance exams.

I would NOT want that for my kids.

I'm not even sure I want them getting in to this intense college prep game.

my objective is to get them focused on robot-proof gigs in growth industries,
state universities, and a big focus on internships.

I managed to enjoy my youth sufficiently AND get on a solid career track via
tech. the local schools are actually taking a pretty strong stand against excessive
take-home work which I appreciate if not only because they can still enjoy
their extracurriculars.

if you haven't smoked DMT you have no credibility on any subject in surfing or outside of surfing...
Re: INTERSECTIONALITY IS JUST INTERNET MADNESS- IT DOESN'T HAPPEN IN THE REAL WORLD [Re: ifallalot] #2956397
05/18/19 11:21 PM
05/18/19 11:21 PM
Vagina Point
A
Autoprax Offline
Duke status
Autoprax  Offline
Duke status
A

Vagina Point
Home work is stupid.

If you are training hard all day you should be able to come home and rest.

The Asians are all hard core discipline but they want to come to the US?

Why?

A threat response is a potent trigger for motivated reasoning.

"People who are right a lot listen a lot, and they change their mind a lot. . . . . They wake up and reanalyze things and change their mind. If you don't change your mind frequently, you're going to be wrong a lot."
Re: INTERSECTIONALITY IS JUST INTERNET MADNESS- IT DOESN'T HAPPEN IN THE REAL WORLD [Re: afoaf] #2956411
05/18/19 11:40 PM
05/18/19 11:40 PM
Carlsbad
G
GDaddy Offline
Duke status
GDaddy  Offline
Duke status
G

Carlsbad
My kids all made their own choices and have gone on to forge their own relationship with the world. Which I think is entirely appropriate. A couple of them are doing the 60+ hour work weeks but that's by their own hand, not because anyone pushed them into it. The extent of my pushing was basically limited to prompting them to assume the responsibility - and the credit - for the choices they make. If any of them have ever had any ideas about blaming their outcome on external factors beyond their control then they're at least smart enough to keep those rationales away from me because I'm not hearing it.

I didn't build that - they did. I wouldn't have it any other way.

#sowhat
Page 13 of 13 1 2 11 12 13

Moderated by  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32