REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 29 1 2 3 4 28 29
Re: Can anyone explain why the body of the mother is more vital than the life of the child? [Re: everysurfr] #2954264
05/15/19 04:28 AM
05/15/19 04:28 AM
1whoknows Offline
Phil Edwards status
1whoknows  Offline
Phil Edwards status

I hear where you’re coming from. I hate abortion. It’s barbaric and it’s murder. But, it’s not on you. It’s not about you. Child labor sucks also. Exploitation of women, of impoverished workers. There’s a lot of injustice you might be able to do something about.
If you can figure out the abortion quandary... good for you. Let’s hear it.

“God, I’m glad I’m not me.” Bob Dylan
Re: Can anyone explain why the body of the mother is more vital than the life of the child? [Re: grapedrink] #2954269
05/15/19 04:48 AM
05/15/19 04:48 AM
Santa Barbara County
E
everysurfr Offline OP
Michael Peterson status
everysurfr  Offline OP
Michael Peterson status
E

Santa Barbara County
Originally Posted by grapedrink
Originally Posted by everysurfr
Originally Posted by 1whoknows
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...roe-v-wade-passes-alabama-house-n1000461
You can't tell a woman what to do with her body, but you can tell a child to get shredded by a vacuum cleaner?

Don’t ask me. Ask a 14 year old impregnated by her uncle. Let’s give her opinion some weight.

So It's the baby that has to die because the uncle was evil? The baby is the one getting killed. What do you think the baby wants?

Can somebody think this all the way through, or is this just more knee jerk platitudes?

Knee jerk? Look in the mirror. Unless you’re trolling, in which case, troll on shaka

So you want to force rape victims to carry babies to term also confused2

No trolling
It's never the babies fault, but many are willing to kill it.

*** You are ignoring this user ***
Re: Can anyone explain why the body of the mother is more vital than the life of the child? [Re: everysurfr] #2954270
05/15/19 04:49 AM
05/15/19 04:49 AM
A
afoaf Offline
Duke status
afoaf  Offline
Duke status
A

What do you think the baby wants?

first, it's a fetus, not a baby.

and the fetus wants nothing. it is not conscious or sentient.

if you haven't smoked DMT you have no credibility on any subject in surfing or outside of surfing...
Re: Can anyone explain why the body of the mother is more vital than the life of the child? [Re: everysurfr] #2954271
05/15/19 04:52 AM
05/15/19 04:52 AM
A Beach
G
grapedrink Offline
Phil Edwards status
grapedrink  Offline
Phil Edwards status
G

A Beach
No trolling

It’s not the victims fault for getting raped either. Yet you want to punish them further by forcing them to carry a baby to term and be reminded of being raped every day.
Sad! toilet

You forgot it was STOLEN?!
Re: Can anyone explain why the body of the mother is more vital than the life of the child? [Re: afoaf] #2954276
05/15/19 05:15 AM
05/15/19 05:15 AM
Santa Barbara County
E
everysurfr Offline OP
Michael Peterson status
everysurfr  Offline OP
Michael Peterson status
E

Santa Barbara County
Originally Posted by afoaf

Are you going to tell me when the fetus becomes human? Because I don't know.
Are you conscious or sentient when you are sleeping? Is that a test for life?

Re: Can anyone explain why the body of the mother is more vital than the life of the child? [Re: everysurfr] #2954277
05/15/19 05:17 AM
05/15/19 05:17 AM
Carlsbad
G
GDaddy Offline
Duke status
GDaddy  Offline
Duke status
G

Carlsbad
Virtually all abortion legislation includes exemptions for incest and rape, so that argument is all but a strawman.

This wouldn't even be a discussion if men had the right to refuse paternity. If men had the "choice" to decline to spend 20 years of their life financially supporting a woman's biological imperative in exchange for the women's right to not be a parent then there's no question how the issue would be decided.

#sowhat
Re: Can anyone explain why the body of the mother is more vital than the life of the child? [Re: grapedrink] #2954278
05/15/19 05:19 AM
05/15/19 05:19 AM
Santa Barbara County
E
everysurfr Offline OP
Michael Peterson status
everysurfr  Offline OP
Michael Peterson status
E

Santa Barbara County
Originally Posted by grapedrink
No trolling

It’s not the victims fault for getting raped either. Yet you want to punish them further by forcing them to carry a baby to term and be reminded of being raped every day.
Sad! toilet

1. I'm not punishing any victim.
2. A baby or not, they will remember being raped every day.
3. You think it's better to "punish" the child?
4. Why not save a child's life, and carry it to term, and then let it be raised by a family who will love it?

Re: Can anyone explain why the body of the mother is more vital than the life of the child? [Re: 1whoknows] #2954280
05/15/19 06:19 AM
05/15/19 06:19 AM
Oceanside,CA
S
Surfdog Online content
Tom Curren status
Surfdog  Online Content
Tom Curren status
S

Oceanside,CA
Alyssa Milano sticks her foot in it again......

That's one way to reduce abortions. dancing toilet bricks

So far, none of the film industries have backed away from Georgia's very generous 30% reduction in location fees and other filming charges L.A. and other states charge. monkey

Seems money talks, and pro-abortion claimers DON'T walk. pokestick

Surf 'em if you got 'em
Re: Can anyone explain why the body of the mother is more vital than the life of the child? [Re: everysurfr] #2954296
05/15/19 10:33 AM
05/15/19 10:33 AM
West of the Atlantic. East of...
G
GromsDad Offline
Duke status
GromsDad  Offline
Duke status
G

West of the Atlantic. East of...
The origin of the majority of screeching in favor of abortion is the result of individuals trying to rationalize their guilt over themselves, a family member or a friend having murdered a child in the womb. Its their way of trying to make you believe that the horrific thing they've been a part of is OK and that you should think this horrific behavior is OK too.

“I always thank God I didn't go to film school because I would have learned that I couldn't be doing what I've been doing already.” - Bruce Brown,
Re: Can anyone explain why the body of the mother is more vital than the life of the child? [Re: everysurfr] #2954303
05/15/19 12:24 PM
05/15/19 12:24 PM
Your moms house
D
Duffy Offline
Phil Edwards status
Duffy  Offline
Phil Edwards status
D

Your moms house

You can't tell a woman what to do with her body, but you can tell a child to get shredded by a vacuum cleaner?

Yes.

No eternal reward will forgive us now for wasting the dawn

- The Wasp
Re: Can anyone explain why the body of the mother is more vital than the life of the child? [Re: GDaddy] #2954305
05/15/19 12:29 PM
05/15/19 12:29 PM
Your moms house
D
Duffy Offline
Phil Edwards status
Duffy  Offline
Phil Edwards status
D

Your moms house
Originally Posted by GDaddy
Virtually all abortion legislation includes exemptions for incest and rape, so that argument is all but a strawman.

This wouldn't even be a discussion if men had the right to refuse paternity. If men had the "choice" to decline to spend 20 years of their life financially supporting a woman's biological imperative in exchange for the women's right to not be a parent then there's no question how the issue would be decided.

The rape and incest exemptions are chicken shit. If it’s a human it’s no less of a human no matter how it was conceived.

As to your “if men had a choice”...that’s not really a factor at all....

Men and womens views on abortion are roughly the same...

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Duffy; 05/15/19 12:30 PM.

- The Wasp
Re: Can anyone explain why the body of the mother is more vital than the life of the child? [Re: Surfdog] #2954309
05/15/19 12:31 PM
05/15/19 12:31 PM
Your moms house
D
Duffy Offline
Phil Edwards status
Duffy  Offline
Phil Edwards status
D

Your moms house
Originally Posted by Surfdog
Alyssa Milano sticks her foot in it again......

<iframe width="416" height="234" src="//fave.api.cnn.io/v1/fav/?video=politics/2019/05/13/abortion-law-alyssa-milano-sex-strike-vpx.hln&customer=cnn&edition=domestic&env=prod" frameborder="0"></iframe>

That's one way to reduce abortions. dancing toilet bricks

So far, none of the film industries have backed away from Georgia's very generous 30% reduction in location fees and other filming charges L.A. and other states charge. monkey

Seems money talks, and pro-abortion claimers DON'T walk. pokestick

So she’s basically saying that abortion is used for birth control...

- The Wasp
Re: Can anyone explain why the body of the mother is more vital than the life of the child? [Re: everysurfr] #2954310
05/15/19 12:32 PM
05/15/19 12:32 PM
1whoknows Offline
Phil Edwards status
1whoknows  Offline
Phil Edwards status

Originally Posted by afoaf

Are you going to tell me when the fetus becomes human? Because I don't know.
Are you conscious or sentient when you are sleeping? Is that a test for life?

It’s seems like you want to argue. You picked a good topic.

“God, I’m glad I’m not me.” Bob Dylan
Re: Can anyone explain why the body of the mother is more vital than the life of the child? [Re: everysurfr] #2954312
05/15/19 12:35 PM
05/15/19 12:35 PM
Urbana, Illinois
H
hal9000 Offline
Tom Curren status
hal9000  Offline
Tom Curren status
H

Urbana, Illinois
Conservatives don't seem to mind when embryos used for in-vitro fertilization are destroyed. I wish they would explain why.

"I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that."
Re: Can anyone explain why the body of the mother is more vital than the life of the child? [Re: everysurfr] #2954313
05/15/19 12:36 PM
05/15/19 12:36 PM
Your moms house
D
Duffy Offline
Phil Edwards status
Duffy  Offline
Phil Edwards status
D

Your moms house
FWIW, I don’t want abortion to be illegal but, with the exception of some rare cases (rape for example), if you’re getting an abortion you made several bad decisions well before finding yourself in that position.

Abortion doesn’t really “protect the rights of women to do what they want with their bodies” it absolves them of responsibility when they CHOOSE to make bad decisions.

1. There is a 100% effective way not to get pregnant. Don’t have sex.

2. Barring that there is contraception available most everywhere for little or no cost. Sure, in some areas it’s difficult to get contraception. In those cases see #1.

3. Or kill your baby. I don’t really care.

- The Wasp
Page 2 of 29 1 2 3 4 28 29

Moderated by  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32