REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 12 1 2 8 9 10 11 12
Re: Facebook jackboots Jones, Milo & Farrakhan [Re: grapedrink] #2950475
05/05/19 06:24 AM
05/05/19 06:24 AM
your mom
F
FecalFace Offline
Duke status
FecalFace  Offline
Duke status
F

your mom
Originally Posted by grapedrink
Originally Posted by FecalFace
You asked me for example and now you call me delusional?

WTF

Quit drinking.

Sigh. You claim that I don’t know the difference between choice and identity. I challenged you to cite an example of how you know or something I posted that suggests that I don’t understand the difference. To which you responded with a laundry list of Trump/Milo/Gavin whoeverthefuk quotes.
Again- where did I personally ever post a statement that shows my misunderstanding of identity and choice?

I'm not defending anyone who's behaving like Spencer or Jones or Shapiro.

The problem is that you could not come up with a single fvcking name other than Che Guevara. roflmao

Actually I did. Louis Farrakhan’s account is still active. Guess you missed that in my post above? Moran.

Can you name someone who said equivalent things that Spencer said and didn't get banned?

I'll wait.

Thanks.

I never claimed equivalency to the likes of Spencer. Another straw man. What I posted was that there were left wingers who made posts that were clearly in violation of terms of service and were not banned. Because team sports.

WTF liar.

You claim social media platform has bias against right wing bigots. You said that many people on the left are just as bad but didn't get banned.

How is that not equivalent?

Farrakhan is not a lefty as it's been pointed out to you. Since his name is in the title, I thought he was banned. Oh well.

I gave 10 examples on difference between choice and identity in this thread.
You claim you know the difference but you're asking me to give you more examples? socrazy

Which is it, do you know or don't you?

Seriously, lay off the crack.

"The real enemy are the (gun) manufactures of your toys and the NRA. They play on your fear to steal your money." - ifallalot / 2014
Re: Facebook jackboots Jones, Milo & Farrakhan [Re: frvcvs] #2950476
05/05/19 06:41 AM
05/05/19 06:41 AM
F
frvcvs Offline OP
Duke status
frvcvs  Offline OP
Duke status
F

roflmao laughingpointing roflmao laughingpointing

Last edited by frvcvs; 05/05/19 06:42 AM.

"Milk tits rule!" - Bonzer5Fin

"I've been against every Trump/Republican policy implemented and expressed it here." - Caca_Mugrienta

"I'm someone who has spent way more time in the black community than most white people." - Caca_Mugrienta

"Your credential as an ERbb conservative is officially blown." - Squidley

"while it has over 8,000 nerve endings, a clitoris is nowhere near as sensitive as a MAGA snowflake " - StuAzole
Re: Facebook jackboots Jones, Milo & Farrakhan [Re: bird.] #2950478
05/05/19 06:51 AM
05/05/19 06:51 AM
north of the bridge
T
the janitor Offline
Rabbitt Bartholomew status
the janitor  Offline
T

north of the bridge
Originally Posted by bird.
Originally Posted by the janitor

I think most objective observers would say that the platforms are cracking down way harder on the right than the left.

But would most objective observers also say that the volume of bannable behavior is larger on the right?

I think both of those things are true.

I'm guessing no, but then I don't have network level data to back up that guess. Then again, when someone can apparently get banned for tweeting "women aren't men" I think we have to take a step back and figure out where exactly the bar lies for bannable behavior.

Re: Facebook jackboots Jones, Milo & Farrakhan [Re: FecalFace] #2950479
05/05/19 06:52 AM
05/05/19 06:52 AM
north of the bridge
T
the janitor Offline
the janitor  Offline
T

north of the bridge
Originally Posted by the janitor
Uh no.

People are banned for behavior.

It just happens that shitty behavior comes mainly from the right.

Then why does twitter tolerate bad behavior from the left confused2

It's not equivalent.

Who on the left is equivalent to Spencer and Jones?

I think most objective observers would say that the platforms are cracking down way harder on the right than the left. This makes sense, as their employees on balance lean left politically.

I'm not sure I'd put Jones on the right, he seems to inhabit his own space.

I think if you looked back at some of the behavior of pundits from the left during that whole tempest in a teapot over those catholic school kids meeting the Indian gentleman in Washington DC you'd find all sorts of supposedly ban hammer worthy activity.

I don't know who said to throw kids in the chipper.

They chose to harras an elderly man, that's shitty behavior no matter who started it.

That is nowhere near equivalent to screeching homophobic, racist, anti-semitic, transphobic and xenophobic crap.

I was expecting a long list of names. Nothing?

And I'm sorry, but Alex Jones is way way far to the right, lodged deeply in Trump's anus.

I was talking about the various pundits that were calling for the kids to get physically assaulted, doxxed etc. on twitter, before the full story came out.

Re: Facebook jackboots Jones, Milo & Farrakhan [Re: FecalFace] #2950480
05/05/19 06:59 AM
05/05/19 06:59 AM
north of the bridge
T
the janitor Offline
the janitor  Offline
T

north of the bridge

Quit drinking.

whoa whoa whoa, let's not get all crazy here cheers monkey drunk

Re: Facebook jackboots Jones, Milo & Farrakhan [Re: grapedrink] #2950481
05/05/19 07:11 AM
05/05/19 07:11 AM
LA
B
bird. Offline
Phil Edwards status
bird.  Offline
Phil Edwards status
B

LA
Louis Farrahkan

What about his politics seems left wing to you?

Hating white people?
HIs politics are complicated and do include a lot of traditional and conservative ideals. That being said, he probably has a lot more fans on the left than the right. Like Twitter.

There is nothing left wing about hating white people.

He's a nationalist. But he probably has a lot more fans on the left...

Re: Facebook jackboots Jones, Milo & Farrakhan [Re: bird.] #2950532
05/05/19 02:28 PM
05/05/19 02:28 PM
A Beach
G
grapedrink Offline
Phil Edwards status
grapedrink  Offline
Phil Edwards status
G

A Beach
Louis Farrahkan

Hating white people?
HIs politics are complicated and do include a lot of traditional and conservative ideals. That being said, he probably has a lot more fans on the left than the right. Like Twitter.

Plenty of people on the left find hating white peope perfectly acceptable, which is why he has more fans there trout

You forgot it was STOLEN?!
Re: Facebook jackboots Jones, Milo & Farrakhan [Re: frvcvs] #2950548
05/05/19 02:48 PM
05/05/19 02:48 PM
A Beach
G
grapedrink Offline
Phil Edwards status
grapedrink  Offline
Phil Edwards status
G

A Beach
I gave 10 examples on difference between choice and identity in this thread.
You claim you know the difference but you're asking me to give you more examples? socrazy

Which is it, do you know or don't you?

Lolz. You are still struggling with reading comprehension I take it. Of course I understand the distinction in those quotes, dumfuk. You posted that laundry list in the same post, right after claiming that I don’t know the I don’t know the difference.

Again- what statement did I personally make that gave you the impression that I don’t understand the difference?

liar.

You claim social media platform has bias against right wing bigots. You said that many people on the left are just as bad but didn't get banned.

Lies, again. Reread my first example with feminist Megan Murphy. Not a right wing bigot, just someone who said “Men are not Women”. That’s not right wing bigotry, that’s science and feminism. Especially in the context of feminists who have well warranted concerns with trans men who are forcing their way into spaces that women have fought for, such as their own sports teams, battered women’s shelters, etc.

Also, I posted examples of left wing users who made threats and calls for violence against the Maga hat kids, yet still have active accounts. Which should have been taken especially seriously because they ate minors. Considering that there are plenty more dumb examples of people getting banned for minor offenses that lean towards the right, like using the hashtag #learntocode that somehow got loosely affiliated with white nationalist groups, there is a pattern of enforcement that favors left wing ideas. So there’s your bias, dumfuk.
Not once have a stated that any right wing bigots were victims for being banned, so please fark off with that BS. Thanks trout

Re: Facebook jackboots Jones, Milo & Farrakhan [Re: frvcvs] #2950552
05/05/19 02:54 PM
05/05/19 02:54 PM
Petak Island
C
casa_mugrienta Offline
Duke status
casa_mugrienta  Offline
Duke status
C

Petak Island
I'm going to have to hand this one to grapedrink.

Q: Secret aspiration?
A: Buy Pezman's mag and turn it into a piece of crap.
Re: Facebook jackboots Jones, Milo & Farrakhan [Re: casa_mugrienta] #2950557
05/05/19 03:04 PM
05/05/19 03:04 PM
T
tHe rAt Offline
Grom
tHe rAt  Offline
Grom
T

#learntocode?

I had to look that up.

Top definition

learn to code

"Learn to code" is something that snarky journalists used to tell to actual skilled, blue collar laborers like coal miners. Who, through no fault of their own, ended up losing their jobs due to a certain administration. It was cool, and funny to say that to those people, on Twitter in 2012.

In 2019, when the same snarky journalists get laid off, and their twitter followers tell them to "learn to code" is a malicious, harassing term, that will not be tolerated by Twitter's terms of service and then result be a ban-able offense with zero tolerance.

Seriously?

Re: Facebook jackboots Jones, Milo & Farrakhan [Re: FecalFace] #2950560
05/05/19 03:11 PM
05/05/19 03:11 PM
A Beach
G
grapedrink Offline
Phil Edwards status
grapedrink  Offline
Phil Edwards status
G

A Beach
Basically you could not substantiate a single claim you made yet you're still screeching.

Actually I have, you just keep ignoring them. Having to repeat myself because you suck at reading comprehension, in addition to having to defend myself against baseless claims you make against me (like me being a victim, not understanding choice/identity) and asking you to back them up, is not screeching trout

Re: Facebook jackboots Jones, Milo & Farrakhan [Re: tHe rAt] #2950566
05/05/19 03:22 PM
05/05/19 03:22 PM
A Beach
G
grapedrink Offline
Phil Edwards status
grapedrink  Offline
Phil Edwards status
G

A Beach
Originally Posted by tHe rAt
#learntocode?

I had to look that up.

Top definition

learn to code

"Learn to code" is something that snarky journalists used to tell to actual skilled, blue collar laborers like coal miners. Who, through no fault of their own, ended up losing their jobs due to a certain administration. It was cool, and funny to say that to those people, on Twitter in 2012.

In 2019, when the same snarky journalists get laid off, and their twitter followers tell them to "learn to code" is a malicious, harassing term, that will not be tolerated by Twitter's terms of service and then result be a ban-able offense with zero tolerance.

Seriously?

Yup. Twitter somehow got the idea that #learntocode was an alt right meme. When in reality, people were rightfully making fun of ivory tower journalists who think that a 50 year old coal miner who may have never typed an email or opened Microsoft word and can probably type 5 words per minute is going to go back to school and learn how to code. LOLZ. You can't make stuff this up roflmao

Re: Facebook jackboots Jones, Milo & Farrakhan [Re: frvcvs] #2950581
05/05/19 04:06 PM
05/05/19 04:06 PM
LA
B
bird. Offline
Phil Edwards status
bird.  Offline
Phil Edwards status
B

LA
Louis Farrahkan

Hating white people?

Plenty of people on the left find hating white peope perfectly acceptable, which is why he has more fans there trout

You're serious? rolleyes

Plenty of people on the left care about the rights of African Americans which puts them adjacent to his "fans."

It's instructive that in order to find the left's equivalents of Milo and Alex Jones we had to include a long deceased Argentine Marxist, a right wing reactionary, and vague groups of nobodies - antifa, "BLM protestors who call for Pigs (police) to be fried like bacon."

Are you guys really not willing to admit that this shit is not symmetrical?

Re: Facebook jackboots Jones, Milo & Farrakhan [Re: bird.] #2950597
05/05/19 04:40 PM
05/05/19 04:40 PM
A Beach
G
grapedrink Offline
Phil Edwards status
grapedrink  Offline
Phil Edwards status
G

A Beach
It's instructive that in order to find the left's equivalents of Milo and Alex Jones we had to include a long deceased Argentine Marxist, a right wing reactionary, and vague groups of nobodies - antifa, "BLM protestors who call for Pigs (police) to be fried like bacon."

Are you guys really not willing to admit that this shit is not symmetrical?

Again- my point was not that there are left wing equivalents with similar quantities of hateful comments, on twitter, that are being treated differently. That statement in particular was in a broader context outside of twitter, where there are bad actors on the far left who largely go uncriticized by the left. Of course Che Guevara never had a Twitter account, that should give you a clue as to what I meant with that statement foreheadslap

My point this entire time, was that specific offenses are treated differently based on the political leanings of the offenders and the politics of who was on the receiving end of the offending statement. How many fookin times have I said this already confused2 foreheadslap

Example: Kathy Griffin and Jack Morrissey are obviously not left wing counterparts to David Duke and Richard Spencer. However they did call for violence towards a group of teenage boys, who were the target of a massive amount of derision and abuse from the left, and were not banned. Twitter clearly went along with the prevailing political attitude towards the Maga hat kids.

Meanwhile, in another example, a feminist gets banned for saying "A man is not a woman", in the context of a broader argument. The current left wing dogma does not allow for any sort of discussion about how transgenders should be integrated into traditional female spaces, many of which feminists fought for. Megan Murphy may be insensitive, but she is not a right wing bigot ala Richard Spencer.

Then you have all of the #learntocode bannings, which are completely baseless.

Are the number of toxic and bigoted posters symmetrical? No, and that has never been my point. My point is that the standard of enforcement is not symmetrical.

Re: Facebook jackboots Jones, Milo & Farrakhan [Re: grapedrink] #2950598
05/05/19 04:45 PM
05/05/19 04:45 PM
LA
B
bird. Offline
Phil Edwards status
bird.  Offline
Phil Edwards status
B

LA
Ok. I agree that the feminist getting banned for the "misgendering" was absurd.

I don't know what Kathy Griffin said or who Jack Morrissey is, so I will take your word on that.

But there are A LOT of right wing nobody accounts posting terrible shit and not being banned. They are also being treated differently. You guys over simplify.

Page 10 of 12 1 2 8 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32