REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Who cares what Noel Salas likes? [Re: casa_mugrienta] #2943372
04/17/19 09:16 PM
04/17/19 09:16 PM
R
rts265 Online content
Miki Dora status
rts265  Online Content
Miki Dora status
R

small man, small board. I'm not interested

Re: Who cares what Noel Salas likes? [Re: casa_mugrienta] #2943516
04/18/19 03:36 AM
04/18/19 03:36 AM
in da hood next to paradise
H
Havoc4k Offline
Billy Hamilton status
Havoc4k  Offline
Billy Hamilton status
H

noah salsa rips!

The postings of this user are merely opinion and are posted by the users posting agent who may have different opinions than that of the user
�I think the USA "made in america" board builders "marketing" gimmick falls more inline with a cult than the firewire following� -deforest
Re: Who cares what Noel Salas likes? [Re: GromsDad] #2943520
04/18/19 03:45 AM
04/18/19 03:45 AM
Your moms house
D
Duffy Online content
Phil Edwards status
Duffy  Online Content
Phil Edwards status
D

Your moms house
Originally Posted by GromsDad
Originally Posted by Duffy
Yes, any board will “work” there. But it’s a wave that will show strengths and weaknesses pretty clearly.

Where Lowers doesn't translate to the waves I surf is that Lowers has so much more push. That makes for a great skatepark but really doesn't translate how a board will work for someone who surfs waves that require the board and rider to generate their own speed because the wave won't do it for you. A wave that requires you to generate speed on your own will really reveal a board's weaknesses. I love Lowers and wish I could surf it more often.......I'd have a totally different quiver if I had Lowers as my local playground.

I have almost no interest at all in how a board would “perform” in waves with LESS power than lowers.

No eternal reward will forgive us now for wasting the dawn

- The Wasp
Re: Who cares what Noel Salas likes? [Re: rts265] #2943522
04/18/19 03:49 AM
04/18/19 03:49 AM
Your moms house
D
Duffy Online content
Phil Edwards status
Duffy  Online Content
Phil Edwards status
D

Your moms house
Originally Posted by rts265

Again, valuable information can be deduced from his body of work even if you are nowhere near his size.

I’m considerably larger than him and I get a lot from his reviews.

He’s giving out free information on surfboards. Why would you not want to listen to it?

“He’s small! fook that guy!”

“I don’t surf lowers. fook that guy!”

Terrible mindset....

- The Wasp
Re: Who cares what Noel Salas likes? [Re: Duffy] #2943575
04/18/19 02:08 PM
04/18/19 02:08 PM
Jacksonville Beach
S
Sharkbiscuit Offline
Phil Edwards status
Sharkbiscuit  Offline
Phil Edwards status
S

Jacksonville Beach
I have almost no interest at all in how a board would “perform” in waves with LESS power than lowers.

Terrible mindset....

I mean I find the reviews of his I've watched entertaining enough and I agree with the point that if my job was reviewing surfboards on a schedule in Orange Clownty, I'd probably pick weekdays at Lowers to put in work.

"Do da chair know we goin' look like some punkass bitches?" - Poot Carr
Re: Who cares what Noel Salas likes? [Re: Duffy] #2943613
04/18/19 03:46 PM
04/18/19 03:46 PM
R
rts265 Online content
Miki Dora status
rts265  Online Content
Miki Dora status
R

Again, valuable information can be deduced from his body of work even if you are nowhere near his size.

He’s giving out free information on surfboards. Why would you not want to listen to it?

Terrible mindset....

brah - you want a challenge match? we start on our knees - or you can have side control. no stand up though.

roflmao

Re: Who cares what Noel Salas likes? [Re: jkb] #2943614
04/18/19 03:49 PM
04/18/19 03:49 PM
C
cdes Offline
Nep status
cdes  Offline
Nep status
C

Originally Posted by jkb
I get what 92122 is saying. I’m trying to develop an entire quiver of grovel boards for NCSD conditions.

Ultra groveler
Step down groveler
Hp groveler
Step up groveler
Gun groveler (for Swamies)

Haha! Funny thing is that Ive built this quiver but for SCSD,

Mini Sim
Manta
Fling
RTT
Monsta Box

Re: Who cares what Noel Salas likes? [Re: cdes] #2943640
04/18/19 04:44 PM
04/18/19 04:44 PM
H
Havoc4k Offline
Billy Hamilton status
Havoc4k  Offline
Billy Hamilton status
H

Originally Posted by cdes
Originally Posted by jkb
I get what 92122 is saying. I’m trying to develop an entire quiver of grovel boards for NCSD conditions.

Ultra groveler
Step down groveler
Hp groveler
Step up groveler

Mini Sim
Manta
Fling
RTT
Monsta Box

nice quiver! i’m jealous
i really liked the monstabox really underated board.

The postings of this user are merely opinion and are posted by the users posting agent who may have different opinions than that of the user
�I think the USA "made in america" board builders "marketing" gimmick falls more inline with a cult than the firewire following� -deforest
Re: Who cares what Noel Salas likes? [Re: cdes] #2943645
04/18/19 04:49 PM
04/18/19 04:49 PM
Oceansuck
J
jkb Offline
Phil Edwards status
jkb  Offline
Phil Edwards status
J

Oceansuck
Originally Posted by cdes
Originally Posted by jkb

Ultra groveler
Step down groveler
Hp groveler
Step up groveler

Mini Sim
Manta
Fling
RTT
Monsta Box

I respect it.

Legal Disclaimer: jkb's posts are written by his Posting Agent, whose views and opinions do not necessarily represent those of jkb.
Re: Who cares what Noel Salas likes? [Re: rts265] #2943717
04/18/19 05:59 PM
04/18/19 05:59 PM
san diego, CA
O
obslop Offline
Phil Edwards status
obslop  Offline
Phil Edwards status
O

san diego, CA

Terrible mindset....

brah - you want a challenge match? we start on our knees - or you can have side control. no stand up though.

roflmao

come on man - you going to skip the obligatory pre-fight breath holding contest? that usually ends it right there.

Re: Who cares what Noel Salas likes? [Re: rts265] #2944085
04/19/19 11:02 AM
04/19/19 11:02 AM
Your moms house
D
Duffy Online content
Phil Edwards status
Duffy  Online Content
Phil Edwards status
D

Your moms house

Terrible mindset....

roflmao

I would roll with you, sure. Not sure what that has to do this topic though. Where do you train? I can come visit.

Last edited by Duffy; 04/19/19 11:04 AM.

- The Wasp
Re: Who cares what Noel Salas likes? [Re: Duffy] #2944090
04/19/19 11:28 AM
04/19/19 11:28 AM
West of the Atlantic. East of...
G
GromsDad Offline
Duke status
GromsDad  Offline
Duke status
G

West of the Atlantic. East of...
Originally Posted by GromsDad
Yes, any board will “work” there. But it’s a wave that will show strengths and weaknesses pretty clearly.

Where Lowers doesn't translate to the waves I surf is that Lowers has so much more push. That makes for a great skatepark but really doesn't translate how a board will work for someone who surfs waves that require the board and rider to generate their own speed because the wave won't do it for you. A wave that requires you to generate speed on your own will really reveal a board's weaknesses. I love Lowers and wish I could surf it more often.......I'd have a totally different quiver if I had Lowers as my local playground.

The push I'm speaking of of is different than power. A wave can have plenty of power or even more power without having the push you get of ground swell moving down a cobblestone point. Think of a powerful and walled up beachbreak where you and your board have to create your speed because the wave won't do it for you. There is no delayed bottom turn followed by drawn out turns and cutbacks. Its ballz to the wall racing down the line covering ground floating sections the instant you get to your feet. You have to be quick and your board needs to work.

Let me describe it another way. The first couple of times I surfed Lowers the thing I found most challenging was slowing my instincts and my surfing down. My timing was off. At home if I'm surfing overhead waves its pedal to the metal race track stuff. Lowers at the same size I have to slow everything down because the wave is pushing me along. I don't have to work to keep up with it or keep it from outrunning me. Its doing the work so I don't have to. That's part of what makes the wave at Lowers so fun and easy to surf.......its a skatepark.

“I always thank God I didn't go to film school because I would have learned that I couldn't be doing what I've been doing already.” - Bruce Brown,
Re: Who cares what Noel Salas likes? [Re: casa_mugrienta] #2944138
04/19/19 01:28 PM
04/19/19 01:28 PM
R
rts265 Online content
Miki Dora status
rts265  Online Content
Miki Dora status
R

Was just playing Duffy. cheers

Re: Who cares what Noel Salas likes? [Re: Duffy] #2944162
04/19/19 02:27 PM
04/19/19 02:27 PM
Norf Cackalacka
S
surfwhere Offline
Gerry Lopez status
surfwhere  Offline
Gerry Lopez status
S

Norf Cackalacka

Terrible mindset....

I like what he does and Rob (Roberts) wants to get another board to him

Since style, preference and predilictions vary, another level of review might be a Noel (many years of primarily thruster shortboard shredage) contrasted with another opinion by someone of similar skill and size or smaller stubby/fishy ripper or flow guy {used to higher volume, flatter rockers and diff fin setups) riding the same board.. And then they might go back and forth about feel/performance in a conversation. That could get a different perspective and more complete review since a lot of boards these days lean either way or a blend of the two.

Re: Who cares what Noel Salas likes? [Re: casa_mugrienta] #2944172
04/19/19 02:42 PM
04/19/19 02:42 PM
R
rts265 Online content
Miki Dora status
rts265  Online Content
Miki Dora status
R

I like that idea surfwhere. Really, why I don’t care is because I already have too many boards and know which boards I want next. I do see what you guys are saying and imagine there is a lot of valuable info if you do want advoce

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7