REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 14 15
Re: Wealthy Liberals Pay Hundreds of Thousands in Bribes to Get Their Children Accepted to Elite Universities. [Re: Coat Hanger] #2926745
03/12/19 08:45 PM
03/12/19 08:45 PM
san diego, CA
O
obslop Offline
Phil Edwards status
obslop  Offline
Phil Edwards status
O

san diego, CA
imagine how much of this has happened and that will never be discovered.

Re: Wealthy Liberals Pay Hundreds of Thousands in Bribes to Get Their Children Accepted to Elite Universities. [Re: frvcvs] #2926746
03/12/19 08:46 PM
03/12/19 08:46 PM
The Bar
K
Kento Offline
Duke status
Kento  Offline
Duke status
K

The Bar
Originally Posted By: frvcvs
Originally Posted By: Kento
Originally Posted By: GromsDad
Originally Posted By: frvcvs
Originally Posted By: mundus
How do you think Trump got into college?

This.

I hope all of you who argue that there isn't such a thing as white privilege and that every kid in this country has the same opportunities remembers this story among others. Of course people like Doug and iFall already forgot.

Here in NJ illegal aliens are getting grant money and financial aid for college.......tell me more about privilege as I get ready for my second child to start college in the fall.

Those illegal aliens will get a hell of a lot more out of college than the kids who got bribed in. Hell, the average illegal alien does a fuckload more for society than the average idle rich trustafarian.

And those illegal aliens won't be the ones raping drunk sorority girls and getting away with it like the Brock Turners of the world.

You could probably apply Trump's illegal rapist aliens rant towards Mar-A-Lago and find it's a better fit.

Nothing is obscene provided it is done in bad taste.

Russ Meyer
Re: Wealthy Liberals Pay Hundreds of Thousands in Bribes to Get Their Children Accepted to Elite Universities. [Re: GromsDad] #2926752
03/12/19 08:56 PM
03/12/19 08:56 PM
San Francisco, CA
M
Mr Doof Offline
Duke status
Mr Doof  Offline
Duke status
M

San Francisco, CA
What part of illegal don't you understand. To me that is theft from every person that plays by the rules.

i agree that wealthy people illegally bribing their kids into university is appalling. Think of the better, more deserving kids who studied and got A's on their tests but couldn't get in because the level playing field was paved over with oodles of cash.

You'd think all that money would have given the wealthy kids a first rate education or at least enough leisure time to build up some athletic prowess and therefore would have got in based on merit.

But I suppose a bribe is cheaper than buying a new wing for the math center.

Re: Wealthy Liberals Pay Hundreds of Thousands in Bribes to Get Their Children Accepted to Elite Universities. [Re: GromsDad] #2926754
03/12/19 08:57 PM
03/12/19 08:57 PM
A
afoaf Offline
Duke status
afoaf  Offline
Duke status
A

What part of illegal don't you understand. To me that is theft from every person that plays by the rules.

https://www.google.com/search?q=new+jersey+illegal+aliens+financial+aid

the articles about this are interesting

it sounds like it was an initiative passed by the state legislature

did you guys vote on this directly?

if you haven't smoked DMT you have no credibility on any subject in surfing or outside of surfing...
Re: Wealthy Liberals Pay Hundreds of Thousands in Bribes to Get Their Children Accepted to Elite Universities. [Re: Coat Hanger] #2926763
03/12/19 09:06 PM
03/12/19 09:06 PM
S
StuAzole Offline
Tom Curren status
StuAzole  Offline
Tom Curren status
S

I like that the full house chick paid $500K for her kids to sneak into USC, like that's a good school or something. Stanford or Yale I get...

Bock you
Re: Wealthy Liberals Pay Hundreds of Thousands in Bribes to Get Their Children Accepted to Elite Universities. [Re: StuAzole] #2926771
03/12/19 09:21 PM
03/12/19 09:21 PM
The Bar
K
Kento Offline
Duke status
Kento  Offline
Duke status
K

The Bar
Originally Posted By: StuAzole
I like that the full house chick paid $500K for her kids to sneak into USC, like that's a good school or something. Stanford or Yale I get...

22nd in the nation isn't terrible and only 1 out of 6 get accepted. However, once you're in, I didn't find it that difficult. Pretty much cruised but I went to a high school that over-prepared me for college. shrug

I don't think the Ivy Leagues are really all that either. MIT and CalTech are what I would consider the truly elite schools. You won't see the bribery happening too well there because they'll get weeded out hard in the first year (week?).

Russ Meyer
Re: Wealthy Liberals Pay Hundreds of Thousands in Bribes to Get Their Children Accepted to Elite Universities. [Re: StuAzole] #2926778
03/12/19 09:39 PM
03/12/19 09:39 PM
Vagina Point
A
Autoprax Offline
Duke status
Autoprax  Offline
Duke status
A

Vagina Point

Close to home.

A threat response is a potent trigger for motivated reasoning.

"People who are right a lot listen a lot, and they change their mind a lot. . . . . They wake up and reanalyze things and change their mind. If you don't change your mind frequently, you're going to be wrong a lot."
Re: Wealthy Liberals Pay Hundreds of Thousands in Bribes to Get Their Children Accepted to Elite Universities. [Re: Mr Doof] #2926780
03/12/19 09:40 PM
03/12/19 09:40 PM
Vagina Point
A
Autoprax Offline
Duke status
Autoprax  Offline
Duke status
A

Vagina Point
Originally Posted By: Mr Doof

i agree that wealthy people illegally bribing their kids into university is appalling. Think of the better, more deserving kids who studied and got A's on their tests but couldn't get in because the level playing field was paved over with oodles of cash.

You'd think all that money would have given the wealthy kids a first rate education or at least enough leisure time to build up some athletic prowess and therefore would have got in based on merit.

But I suppose a bribe is cheaper than buying a new wing for the math center.

The state colleges recruit international students to get the big tuition.

A threat response is a potent trigger for motivated reasoning.

"People who are right a lot listen a lot, and they change their mind a lot. . . . . They wake up and reanalyze things and change their mind. If you don't change your mind frequently, you're going to be wrong a lot."
Re: Wealthy Liberals Pay Hundreds of Thousands in Bribes to Get Their Children Accepted to Elite Universities. [Re: Kento] #2926783
03/12/19 09:45 PM
03/12/19 09:45 PM
Your moms house
D
Duffy Offline
Phil Edwards status
Duffy  Offline
Phil Edwards status
D

Your moms house
Originally Posted By: Kento

22nd in the nation isn't terrible and only 1 out of 6 get accepted. However, once you're in, I didn't find it that difficult. Pretty much cruised but I went to a high school that over-prepared me for college. shrug

I don't think the Ivy Leagues are really all that either. MIT and CalTech are what I would consider the truly elite schools. You won't see the bribery happening too well there because they'll get weeded out hard in the first year (week?).

My wife did grad school at Cornell (in one of the hard sciences). I worked on campus.

I really didnt see what Id call the best and brightest amongst the undergrads.

No eternal reward will forgive us now for wasting the dawn

- The Wasp
Re: Wealthy Liberals Pay Hundreds of Thousands in Bribes to Get Their Children Accepted to Elite Universities. [Re: GromsDad] #2926784
03/12/19 09:49 PM
03/12/19 09:49 PM
Here
S
sizzld1 Offline
Phil Edwards status
sizzld1  Offline
Phil Edwards status
S

Here
Yawn. Colleges are first and foremost businesses. They will pretty much let anyone in who is willing to take on $200,000 in student loan debt.

I feel sorry for your kids. You obviously have no clue what they will be facing when they apply for college.

"I love it when people who are supposed to be surfers.....posting on a surfing forum.....don't know the difference between stoke and stock." - GromsDad
"I used to do drugs. I still do, but I used to, too." - Mitch Hedberg
Re: Wealthy Liberals Pay Hundreds of Thousands in Bribes to Get Their Children Accepted to Elite Universities. [Re: Autoprax] #2926785
03/12/19 09:51 PM
S
StuAzole Offline
Tom Curren status
StuAzole  Offline
Tom Curren status
S

Originally Posted By: Autoprax

Close to home.

Meh, Pepperdine and Loyola were set up specifically for rich kids not smart enough for real schools.

Bock you
Re: Wealthy Liberals Pay Hundreds of Thousands in Bribes to Get Their Children Accepted to Elite Universities. [Re: sizzld1] #2926786
The Bar
K
Kento Offline
Duke status
Kento  Offline
Duke status
K

The Bar
Originally Posted By: sizzld1
Yawn. Colleges are first and foremost businesses. They will pretty much let anyone in who is willing to take on $200,000 in student loan debt.

I feel sorry for your kids. You obviously have no clue what they will be facing when they apply for college.

There's always Auburn with their 80% acceptance rate. roflmao

Russ Meyer
Re: Wealthy Liberals Pay Hundreds of Thousands in Bribes to Get Their Children Accepted to Elite Universities. [Re: Coat Hanger] #2926789
03/12/19 09:53 PM
03/12/19 09:53 PM
Here
S
sizzld1 Offline
Phil Edwards status
sizzld1  Offline
Phil Edwards status
S

Here
Hope this doesn't fvck SC's water polo dynasty. It's pretty much the only successful athletic program we have left. banghead

"I love it when people who are supposed to be surfers.....posting on a surfing forum.....don't know the difference between stoke and stock." - GromsDad
"I used to do drugs. I still do, but I used to, too." - Mitch Hedberg
Re: Wealthy Liberals Pay Hundreds of Thousands in Bribes to Get Their Children Accepted to Elite Universities. [Re: sizzld1] #2926791
03/12/19 09:56 PM
03/12/19 09:56 PM
S
StuAzole Offline
Tom Curren status
StuAzole  Offline
Tom Curren status
S

Hope this doesn't fvck SC's water polo dynasty. It's pretty much the only successful athletic program we have left. banghead

It will, but the extent will depend on what Vavic did with the money. Did he keep it all himself, or did he use it for the program? Did he use it to pay for his foreign players? I'm not sure just taking money to lie about a kid being a player is even an NCAA violation on its own?

Bock you
Re: Wealthy Liberals Pay Hundreds of Thousands in Bribes to Get Their Children Accepted to Elite Universities. [Re: sizzld1] #2926792
03/12/19 10:01 PM
03/12/19 10:01 PM
The Bar
K
Kento Offline
Duke status
Kento  Offline
Duke status
K

The Bar

It's been a downward spiral ever since Mike Garrett was fired.

Russ Meyer
Page 3 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 14 15

Moderated by  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32