REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 15 1 2 3 4 14 15
Re: Wealthy Liberals Pay Hundreds of Thousands in Bribes to Get Their Children Accepted to Elite Universities. [Re: Coat Hanger] #2926631
03/12/19 06:15 PM
03/12/19 06:15 PM
S
StuAzole Offline
Tom Curren status
StuAzole  Offline
Tom Curren status
S

Fairly certain Lori is a conservative. The other one's definitely a dem.

And yes, this is just another easy example of how the system is tilted in favor of the rich.

Bock you
Re: Wealthy Liberals Pay Hundreds of Thousands in Bribes to Get Their Children Accepted to Elite Universities. [Re: GromsDad] #2926642
03/12/19 06:21 PM
03/12/19 06:21 PM
The Bar
K
Kento Online content
Duke status
Kento  Online Content
Duke status
K

The Bar
Originally Posted By: GromsDad
Originally Posted By: mundus
Yawn. Colleges are first and foremost businesses. They will pretty much let anyone in who is willing to take on $200,000 in student loan debt.
So bribery is ok then? All this is affirmative action for the wealthy.

You completely misunderstood my post or I wasn't clear. These people are too stupid to realize that most colleges will take anyone with the coin or the willingness to take on $200,000 in student loan debt.

By most, do you mean 17th tier schools?

Look at the acceptance rates of the top schools and then come back.

Nothing is obscene provided it is done in bad taste.

Russ Meyer
Re: Wealthy Liberals Pay Hundreds of Thousands in Bribes to Get Their Children Accepted to Elite Universities. [Re: Coat Hanger] #2926657
03/12/19 06:35 PM
03/12/19 06:35 PM
S
StuAzole Offline
Tom Curren status
StuAzole  Offline
Tom Curren status
S

Now it's getting good. They even arrested the SC water polo coach.

Bock you
Re: Wealthy Liberals Pay Hundreds of Thousands in Bribes to Get Their Children Accepted to Elite Universities. [Re: Kento] #2926660
03/12/19 06:41 PM
03/12/19 06:41 PM
CA
R
rice Offline
Duke status
rice  Offline
Duke status
R

CA
Originally Posted By: Kento
Yawn. Colleges are first and foremost businesses. They will pretty much let anyone in who is willing to take on $200,000 in student loan debt.
So bribery is ok then? All this is affirmative action for the wealthy.

You completely misunderstood my post or I wasn't clear. These people are too stupid to realize that most colleges will take anyone with the coin or the willingness to take on $200,000 in student loan debt.

By most, do you mean 17th tier schools?

He must. He says this often. Not sure what schools he's talking about.

Re: Wealthy Liberals Pay Hundreds of Thousands in Bribes to Get Their Children Accepted to Elite Universities. [Re: Coat Hanger] #2926673
03/12/19 07:13 PM
03/12/19 07:13 PM
S
StuAzole Offline
Tom Curren status
StuAzole  Offline
Tom Curren status
S

Bock you
Re: Wealthy Liberals Pay Hundreds of Thousands in Bribes to Get Their Children Accepted to Elite Universities. [Re: StuAzole] #2926697
03/12/19 07:49 PM
03/12/19 07:49 PM
1whoknows Offline
Phil Edwards status
1whoknows  Offline
Phil Edwards status

Originally Posted By: StuAzole

Never seen a thread blow up in a posters face quite like this one has.

Re: Wealthy Liberals Pay Hundreds of Thousands in Bribes to Get Their Children Accepted to Elite Universities. [Re: mundus] #2926716
03/12/19 08:20 PM
03/12/19 08:20 PM
F
frvcvs Offline
Duke status
frvcvs  Offline
Duke status
F

How do you think Trump got into college?

This.

I hope all of you who argue that there isn't such a thing as white privilege and that every kid in this country has the same opportunities remembers this story among others. Of course people like Doug and iFall already forgot.

"Milk tits rule!" - Bonzer5Fin

"I've been against every Trump/Republican policy implemented and expressed it here." - Caca_Mugrienta

"I'm someone who has spent way more time in the black community than most white people." - Caca_Mugrienta

"Your credential as an ERbb conservative is officially blown." - Squidley

"while it has over 8,000 nerve endings, a clitoris is nowhere near as sensitive as a MAGA snowflake " - StuAzole
Re: Wealthy Liberals Pay Hundreds of Thousands in Bribes to Get Their Children Accepted to Elite Universities. [Re: Coat Hanger] #2926718
03/12/19 08:22 PM
03/12/19 08:22 PM
Vagina Point
A
Autoprax Offline
Duke status
Autoprax  Offline
Duke status
A

Vagina Point
Wouldn't wealth be the privilege?

A threat response is a potent trigger for motivated reasoning.

"People who are right a lot listen a lot, and they change their mind a lot. . . . . They wake up and reanalyze things and change their mind. If you don't change your mind frequently, you're going to be wrong a lot."
Re: Wealthy Liberals Pay Hundreds of Thousands in Bribes to Get Their Children Accepted to Elite Universities. [Re: frvcvs] #2926720
03/12/19 08:23 PM
03/12/19 08:23 PM
West of the Atlantic. East of...
G
GromsDad Offline
Duke status
GromsDad  Offline
Duke status
G

Originally Posted By: frvcvs

This.

I hope all of you who argue that there isn't such a thing as white privilege and that every kid in this country has the same opportunities remembers this story among others. Of course people like Doug and iFall already forgot.

Here in NJ illegal aliens are getting grant money and financial aid for college.......tell me more about privilege as I get ready for my second child to start college in the fall.

“I always thank God I didn't go to film school because I would have learned that I couldn't be doing what I've been doing already.” - Bruce Brown,
Re: Wealthy Liberals Pay Hundreds of Thousands in Bribes to Get Their Children Accepted to Elite Universities. [Re: GromsDad] #2926726
03/12/19 08:29 PM
03/12/19 08:29 PM
The Bar
K
Kento Online content
Duke status
Kento  Online Content
Duke status
K

The Bar

This.

Here in NJ illegal aliens are getting grant money and financial aid for college.......tell me more about privilege as I get ready for my second child to start college in the fall.

Those illegal aliens will get a hell of a lot more out of college than the kids who got bribed in. Hell, the average illegal alien does a fuckload more for society than the average idle rich trustafarian.

Russ Meyer
Re: Wealthy Liberals Pay Hundreds of Thousands in Bribes to Get Their Children Accepted to Elite Universities. [Re: Coat Hanger] #2926730
03/12/19 08:32 PM
03/12/19 08:32 PM
G
GromsDad Offline
Duke status
GromsDad  Offline
Duke status
G

Who is a rich trustafarian?

“I always thank God I didn't go to film school because I would have learned that I couldn't be doing what I've been doing already.” - Bruce Brown,
Re: Wealthy Liberals Pay Hundreds of Thousands in Bribes to Get Their Children Accepted to Elite Universities. [Re: Kento] #2926733
03/12/19 08:33 PM
03/12/19 08:33 PM
F
frvcvs Offline
Duke status
frvcvs  Offline
Duke status
F

Originally Posted By: Kento

This.

Those illegal aliens will get a hell of a lot more out of college than the kids who got bribed in. Hell, the average illegal alien does a fuckload more for society than the average idle rich trustafarian.

And those illegal aliens won't be the ones raping drunk sorority girls and getting away with it like the Brock Turners of the world.

"Milk tits rule!" - Bonzer5Fin

"I've been against every Trump/Republican policy implemented and expressed it here." - Caca_Mugrienta

"I'm someone who has spent way more time in the black community than most white people." - Caca_Mugrienta

"Your credential as an ERbb conservative is officially blown." - Squidley

"while it has over 8,000 nerve endings, a clitoris is nowhere near as sensitive as a MAGA snowflake " - StuAzole
Re: Wealthy Liberals Pay Hundreds of Thousands in Bribes to Get Their Children Accepted to Elite Universities. [Re: GromsDad] #2926737
03/12/19 08:37 PM
03/12/19 08:37 PM
S
StuAzole Offline
Tom Curren status
StuAzole  Offline
Tom Curren status
S

This.

are grants and financial aid not available to your kids?

Bock you
Re: Wealthy Liberals Pay Hundreds of Thousands in Bribes to Get Their Children Accepted to Elite Universities. [Re: GromsDad] #2926742
03/12/19 08:44 PM
03/12/19 08:44 PM
The Bar
K
Kento Online content
Duke status
Kento  Online Content
Duke status
K

The Bar
Who is a rich trustafarian?

Obviously the Olivia Jade mentioned in the article.

About half the population of Newport, Palos Verdes, West LA, etc.

Or would you like me to name names? roflmao

For the record, this starts way before college at prep schools and even some elementary schools. Sounds crazy but it's true.

Russ Meyer
Re: Wealthy Liberals Pay Hundreds of Thousands in Bribes to Get Their Children Accepted to Elite Universities. [Re: Coat Hanger] #2926743
03/12/19 08:45 PM
03/12/19 08:45 PM
G
GromsDad Offline
Duke status
GromsDad  Offline
Duke status
G

What part of illegal don't you understand. To me that is theft from every person that plays by the rules.

Page 2 of 15 1 2 3 4 14 15

Moderated by  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32