REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 20 of 22 1 2 18 19 20 21 22
Re: More Global Warming [Re: mundus] #2926263
03/11/19 08:40 PM
03/11/19 08:40 PM
Oceanside,CA
S
Surfdog Online content
Tom Curren status
Surfdog  Online Content
Tom Curren status
S

Oceanside,CA
Originally Posted By: mundus
One question the deniers never answer, why believe an industry that profits from denying GW, which admitted it was real in 70's over actual scientists?

I don't have any firm idea. I don't doubt that humans and industries in general are having some impacts to the global environment in general. Whether actual toxic pollution or "some" effects to climate conditions (could be significant, but likely very minor, if much at all).

The debate and unproven theory that these industries are having a dramatic enough effect on overall global climate trends is yet to be proven as fact. We may have ever so subtle effects on climate, but so minute that they end up as a small +/- tolerance in global climate conditions we'd be having due to general long term cycle trends long since we've emerged from the last Ice Age.

Glaciers have been retreating consistently since the end of the last Ice Age. We've only been able to "accurately" track their recession the last 100 or so years. Who was tracking and closely monitoring glacier retreat 200-300 years ago? We had a mini-Ice Age period for about 500 years from the 1300's to the mid 1800's. So glaciers back then probably were essentially unchanged, with some either in slow retreat and some actually growing.

Our recent 40-50 year anal exam of all things weather and climate are literally a blink in the eye of climate trends. Predicting dramatic changes and future outcomes has already failed miserably, yet they persist in claiming these hockey stick like changes every new decade. Only to push aside those fails and keep claiming "it's coming" any decade now. It's reached the point of religious dogma with predictions of apocalyptic doom if we don't repent NOW.

Government tax dollars and energy spent chasing their tails on this could be much better spent on research to actually help eliminate toxic chemicals from our environment instead. More people will be sickened and die from actual toxic pollution (cancers, etc;) globally than any effects from AGW in the grand scheme the next 30-50+ years.

Yet CO2 is pegged as the most evil element in our world today. Humans produce 1-2%, while the earth naturally produces 98+%. It's a distraction from real problems we need to face on a global scale.

Again see the old Agenda 21 and newer version 2030 Agenda for the real reasons the UN/IPCC is pushing this narrative and using our educational system as its propaganda leg. If you don't think they're connected at the hip, YOU'RE in denial.

Surf 'em if you got 'em
Re: More Global Warming [Re: Mr Doof] #2926270
03/11/19 08:58 PM
03/11/19 08:58 PM
Oceanside,CA
S
Surfdog Online content
Tom Curren status
Surfdog  Online Content
Tom Curren status
S

Oceanside,CA
Originally Posted By: Mr Doof
For all the 'polar vortex' stories, turns out this winter wasn't so cold after all.

Full news item

Blurb:

Temperatures during the winter season were above average across much of the eastern half of the U.S., particularly portions of the Deep South, Southeast and New England.

The nation's average temperature was 33.4 degrees over the December-to-February period, 1.2 degrees above the 20th-century average (1901-2000), which ranked among the warmest one-third of winters.

Winter 2018-19 was one of the 10 warmest in Florida, Georgia, Mississippi and Tennessee. Cooler-than-average winter temperatures were primarily confined to parts of Montana, Wyoming, South Dakota and Nebraska despite the polar vortex-triggered arctic outbreak in late January that left many in the central and eastern U.S. shivering for days.

No state observed a record-warm or record-cold winter season, NOAA said.

I noticed the headlines were for "the wettest winter on record".

If was the "driest winter on record", that would also make AGW news.

Or if it was "the coldest winter on record", it would be hailed an effect of AGW.

Win/Win no matter which direction it takes.

Records are meant to be broken. Otherwise, climate would be static and "perfect" for centuries on end. We've had worse weather events on earth long before man was watching it. Look at how different geologic formations are carved. Many happened due to extreme weather events over the eons of time.

Surf 'em if you got 'em
Re: More Global Warming [Re: GromsDad] #2926288
03/11/19 09:38 PM
03/11/19 09:38 PM
Here
S
sizzld1 Offline
Phil Edwards status
sizzld1  Offline
Phil Edwards status
S

Here
Gold Standard. wave2

"I love it when people who are supposed to be surfers.....posting on a surfing forum.....don't know the difference between stoke and stock." - GromsDad
"I used to do drugs. I still do, but I used to, too." - Mitch Hedberg
Re: More Global Warming [Re: GromsDad] #2926292
03/11/19 09:43 PM
03/11/19 09:43 PM
West of the Atlantic. East of...
G
GromsDad Offline OP
Duke status
GromsDad  Offline OP
Duke status
G

What percentage of your income are you willing to turn over to the State and Federal governments along with the UN in order to solve this imaginary crisis?

“I always thank God I didn't go to film school because I would have learned that I couldn't be doing what I've been doing already.” - Bruce Brown,
Re: More Global Warming [Re: GromsDad] #2926298
03/11/19 09:47 PM
03/11/19 09:47 PM
Here
S
sizzld1 Offline
Phil Edwards status
sizzld1  Offline
Phil Edwards status
S

Here
Nice non-sequitur. hah

"I love it when people who are supposed to be surfers.....posting on a surfing forum.....don't know the difference between stoke and stock." - GromsDad
"I used to do drugs. I still do, but I used to, too." - Mitch Hedberg
Re: More Global Warming [Re: Surfdog] #2926362
03/12/19 12:08 AM
03/12/19 12:08 AM
San Francisco, CA
M
Mr Doof Offline
Duke status
Mr Doof  Offline
Duke status
M

San Francisco, CA
Originally Posted By: Surfdog
Originally Posted By: Mr Doof
For all the 'polar vortex' stories, turns out this winter wasn't so cold after all.

Full news item

Blurb:

Temperatures during the winter season were above average across much of the eastern half of the U.S., particularly portions of the Deep South, Southeast and New England.

The nation's average temperature was 33.4 degrees over the December-to-February period, 1.2 degrees above the 20th-century average (1901-2000), which ranked among the warmest one-third of winters.

Winter 2018-19 was one of the 10 warmest in Florida, Georgia, Mississippi and Tennessee. Cooler-than-average winter temperatures were primarily confined to parts of Montana, Wyoming, South Dakota and Nebraska despite the polar vortex-triggered arctic outbreak in late January that left many in the central and eastern U.S. shivering for days.

No state observed a record-warm or record-cold winter season, NOAA said.

I noticed the headlines were for "the wettest winter on record".

If was the "driest winter on record", that would also make AGW news.

Or if it was "the coldest winter on record", it would be hailed an effect of AGW.

Win/Win no matter which direction it takes.

Records are meant to be broken. Otherwise, climate would be static and "perfect" for centuries on end. We've had worse weather events on earth long before man was watching it. Look at how different geologic formations are carved. Many happened due to extreme weather events over the eons of time.

Yeah, that wettest winter on record was the lead. You know if it was the warmest/coldest/snowiest/etc winter on record, they would have run that instead, and buried in the actual article would have been some useful information.

Part of the problem of discussing this sort of stuff is the way things are "sold" by the media. You know, the "we got to sex it up to make people pay attention".

Anyway, one of my nephews is back home for spring break. During school, he is Grand Fork, North Dakota. He is learning how much of a Bay Area wimp he really is when it comes to cold weather.

Re: More Global Warming [Re: sizzld1] #2926378
03/12/19 12:40 AM
03/12/19 12:40 AM
G
GromsDad Offline OP
Duke status
GromsDad  Offline OP
Duke status
G

Originally Posted By: sizzld1
Nice non-sequitur. hah

20%? 30%?

“I always thank God I didn't go to film school because I would have learned that I couldn't be doing what I've been doing already.” - Bruce Brown,
Re: More Global Warming [Re: GromsDad] #2926380
03/12/19 12:47 AM
03/12/19 12:47 AM
B
BillyOcean Offline
Tom Curren status
BillyOcean  Offline
Tom Curren status
B

Originally Posted By: GromsDad
Originally Posted By: sizzld1
Nice non-sequitur. hah

20%? 30%?

0%

The government just pays, silly!

Re: More Global Warming [Re: GromsDad] #2928984
03/17/19 01:01 PM
03/17/19 01:01 PM
G
GromsDad Offline OP
Duke status
GromsDad  Offline OP
Duke status
G

Was it "Climate Change" that ended the drought in California?

Re: More Global Warming [Re: GromsDad] #2929014
03/17/19 02:54 PM
03/17/19 02:54 PM
M
mundus Offline
Miki Dora status
mundus  Offline
Miki Dora status
M

If the global GW conspiracy was as powerful as you believe, they never would have admitted the drought was over. You believe this data, why not the data that goes against your narrative?

Re: More Global Warming [Re: GromsDad] #2929307
03/18/19 05:54 AM
03/18/19 05:54 AM
Oceanside,CA
S
Surfdog Online content
Tom Curren status
Surfdog  Online Content
Tom Curren status
S

Oceanside,CA

We go thru this drought hysteria about every 10-20 years. Some are worse than others. But now we have a money laundering theory to blame it on.

Problem still is, if we are so concerned about water in CA, why do we keep encouraging more millions to come, stay, drink and flush more of it? 10-20 years ago we didn't have enough for those already here and we all had to sacrifice and conserve or we'd have none left at all in the next year. Now we have millions more, and millions more coming, if Gavin and crew build their millions of new homes to relieve our inflated housing prices.

Where's the water for them going to come from? rolleyes pokestick

Surf 'em if you got 'em
Re: More Global Warming [Re: GromsDad] #2929797
03/19/19 10:25 AM
03/19/19 10:25 AM
G
GromsDad Offline OP
Duke status
GromsDad  Offline OP
Duke status
G

Was Hurricane Sandy weather or climate? Asking for a friend.

Quote:
In a video posted to social media on Monday, New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio again directly blamed climate change for 2012's deady Superstorm Sandy -- a contention that lacks scientific support - and touted his plan to spend $10 billion to fortify and "protect Lower Manhattan" against future storms.

Even as local leaders warned that de Blasio's plan to construct new barriers would actually destroy the waterfront neighborhoods he says he wants to protect, de Blasio insisted his views were now mainstream among New Yorkers.

"After Sandy, there weren't a lot of climate change deniers left in New York City," de Blasio said directly into the camera, after reminding viewers that the storm left dozens dead and cost the city billions in economic losses. "We need to protect this city and this country, and this world, from global warming. There's no national policy to do it right now. ... We have to do it ourselves."

Re: More Global Warming [Re: GromsDad] #2929808
03/19/19 11:47 AM
03/19/19 11:47 AM
in the bathroom
M
manbearpig Offline
Tom Curren status
manbearpig  Offline
Tom Curren status
M

in the bathroom
More op eds from people who havent got a clue about science laughingpointing

Re: More Global Warming [Re: GromsDad] #2929814
03/19/19 12:33 PM
03/19/19 12:33 PM
G
GromsDad Offline OP
Duke status
GromsDad  Offline OP
Duke status
G

Obviously DiBlasio doesn't know a thing about science so should he be called out for decieving the taxpayers to the tune of $10 Billion because he doesn't know the difference between weather and climate?

Re: More Global Warming [Re: GromsDad] #2929851
03/19/19 03:11 PM
03/19/19 03:11 PM
in the bathroom
M
manbearpig Offline
Tom Curren status
manbearpig  Offline
Tom Curren status
M

in the bathroom
I was referring to you dummy.