REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Topic Options
#2915557 - 02/18/19 11:56 PM Re: Why Was A Free and Independent Media Rooting For a Hate Crime and Subsequent Narrative? [Re: BillyOcean]
1whoknows Offline
Miki Dora status

Originally Posted By: BillyOcean
They hate America and Americans

I hate lies. Trump lies. MAGA is a lie. The wall is based on lies. Trump is a demagogue. I hate demagogues. MAGA is anti-American. I love America.

#2915564 - 02/19/19 12:32 AM Re: Why Was A Free and Independent Media Rooting For a Hate Crime and Subsequent Narrative? [Re: Coat Hanger]
GDaddy Online   sleepy
Duke status

Loc: Carlsbad
The people on the right who are spiking the ball right now should smarten up and exercise some restraint, because even though the coin toss on this one went their way it's just a matter of time before the real thing comes along again. Maybe by tomorrow.

This time the freak was the accuser, next time the freak might be the accused.

The lesson being that there's nothing wrong with letting such stories sit for a couple days before casting your vote.

#2915595 - 02/19/19 07:14 AM Re: Why Was A Free and Independent Media Rooting For a Hate Crime and Subsequent Narrative? [Re: Uberkuque]
GromsDad Offline
Duke status

Loc: West of the Atlantic. East of...
Originally Posted By: Uberkuque
The media reports the news based on the info available at the time. As the information involves, so does the news. Thats what happened here it was reported by Smollet, and the media reported it consistent w his allegations. When more info came to light that Smollet possibly orchestrated it, it was reported as such.

Thats how news gathering and news reporting works. Any insinuation that it was deliberately mis-reported for political ends is just:

DUMB

That's not what happened here. Give me a break. This story checked off all of the media's checkboxes of oppression, racial division and MAGA hate. They desperately wanted this story to be true and they elevated it to a nation wide story because it so confirmed all of their bias.
This is a bad day for the news media. Lets not kid ourselves, Toobin said on CNN. The larger message that a lot of people are going to take from this story is that the news media are a bunch of leftist liars who are dying to get the president, and theyre willing to lie to do it.

#2915602 - 02/19/19 08:26 AM Re: Why Was A Free and Independent Media Rooting For a Hate Crime and Subsequent Narrative? [Re: 1whoknows]
ifallalot Offline
Duke status

Loc: HB, CA
Originally Posted By: 1whoknows

I hate lies. Trump lies. MAGA is a lie. The wall is based on lies. Trump is a demagogue. I hate demagogues. MAGA is anti-American. I love America.
roflmao

#2915619 - 02/19/19 09:17 AM Re: Why Was A Free and Independent Media Rooting For a Hate Crime and Subsequent Narrative? [Re: GDaddy]
Autoprax Online   content
Duke status

Loc: Vagina Point
Originally Posted By: GDaddy
The people on the right who are spiking the ball right now should smarten up and exercise some restraint, because even though the coin toss on this one went their way it's just a matter of time before the real thing comes along again. Maybe by tomorrow.

This time the freak was the accuser, next time the freak might be the accused.

The lesson being that there's nothing wrong with letting such stories sit for a couple days before casting your vote.

I agree.

The problem is that tech is speeding everything up.

Speed kills.

I'm like Jane Austin with a bad foot.

#2915631 - 02/19/19 10:16 AM Re: Why Was A Free and Independent Media Rooting For a Hate Crime and Subsequent Narrative? [Re: GromsDad]
Uberkuque Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)

Originally Posted By: GromsDad
The media reports the news based on the info available at the time. As the information involves, so does the news. Thats what happened here it was reported by Smollet, and the media reported it consistent w his allegations. When more info came to light that Smollet possibly orchestrated it, it was reported as such.

Thats how news gathering and news reporting works. Any insinuation that it was deliberately mis-reported for political ends is just:

DUMB

That's not what happened here. Give me a break. This story checked off all of the media's checkboxes of oppression, racial division and MAGA hate. They desperately wanted this story to be true and they elevated it to a nation wide story because it so confirmed all of their bias.

Objectively speaking, the story was, if true, one of nationwide interest. So the media ran it. End of story.

And when facts emerged showing the story was not true, they ran that, too -- and are still running it.

Your projected biases -- "checkboxes of oppression," and "desperately wanted the story to be true" -- are just that: projections. Period

#2915632 - 02/19/19 10:18 AM Re: Why Was A Free and Independent Media Rooting For a Hate Crime and Subsequent Narrative? [Re: BillyOcean]
Uberkuque Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)

"Burn it down. Burn it all down!", cried the political arsonist

#2915633 - 02/19/19 10:26 AM Re: Why Was A Free and Independent Media Rooting For a Hate Crime and Subsequent Narrative? [Re: Uberkuque]
manbearpig Offline
Tom Curren status

Loc: in the bathroom

DUMB

Objectively speaking, the story was, if true, one of nationwide interest. So the media ran it. End of story.

And when facts emerged showing the story was not true, they ran that, too -- and are still running it.

Your projected biases -- "checkboxes of oppression," and "desperately wanted the story to be true" -- are just that: projections. Period

Uberkuque is 100% right.

#2915635 - 02/19/19 10:34 AM Re: Why Was A Free and Independent Media Rooting For a Hate Crime and Subsequent Narrative? [Re: 1whoknows]
Sharkbiscuit Offline
Phil Edwards status

Loc: Jacksonville Beach
Originally Posted By: 1whoknows

Do you have the best America? Is what everybody is saying? Is everybody talking about it?

#2915667 - 02/19/19 11:25 AM Re: Why Was A Free and Independent Media Rooting For a Hate Crime and Subsequent Narrative? [Re: GDaddy]
afoaf Offline
Duke status

Quote:
Meanwhile, we did have a shtload...

I interpreted this as the collective Erbb "we"...a local "we", if you will.

I apologize for misreading your point.

#2915760 - 02/19/19 01:00 PM Re: Why Was A Free and Independent Media Rooting For a Hate Crime and Subsequent Narrative? [Re: Coat Hanger]
mundus Offline
Miki Dora status

When the left is wrong it is admitted and moved on from, right wing conspiracy idiocy never dies. Just another difference between left and right.

#2915778 - 02/19/19 01:14 PM Re: Why Was A Free and Independent Media Rooting For a Hate Crime and Subsequent Narrative? [Re: manbearpig]
GromsDad Offline
Duke status

Loc: West of the Atlantic. East of...
Originally Posted By: manbearpig

DUMB

Uberkuque is 100% right.

Its amazing how willfully blind you guys are to left wing bias and propaganda.
This is a bad day for the news media. Lets not kid ourselves, Toobin said on CNN. The larger message that a lot of people are going to take from this story is that the news media are a bunch of leftist liars who are dying to get the president, and theyre willing to lie to do it.

#2915784 - 02/19/19 01:18 PM Re: Why Was A Free and Independent Media Rooting For a Hate Crime and Subsequent Narrative? [Re: GromsDad]
manbearpig Offline
Tom Curren status

Loc: in the bathroom
You are a moron. Uberkuque's point has nothing to do with bias, its a simple fact.

#2915785 - 02/19/19 01:18 PM Re: Why Was A Free and Independent Media Rooting For a Hate Crime and Subsequent Narrative? [Re: GromsDad]
afoaf Offline
Duke status

Its amazing how willfully blind you guys are to left wing bias and propaganda.

#gromsdad #irony

#2915908 - 02/19/19 05:07 PM Re: Why Was A Free and Independent Media Rooting For a Hate Crime and Subsequent Narrative? [Re: GDaddy]
rice Offline
Duke status

Loc: CA
Originally Posted By: GDaddy

I trust you saw how many politicians and theater kids and talking heads in the media who straight out committed to one side or the other on this story right from the outset?

I did not. roflmao Only read about this, here.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32