REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Why Was A Free and Independent Media Rooting For a Hate Crime and Subsequent Narrative? [Re: BillyOcean] #2915557
02/19/19 04:56 AM
02/19/19 04:56 AM
1whoknows Offline
Phil Edwards status
1whoknows  Offline
Phil Edwards status

Originally Posted By: BillyOcean
They hate America and Americans

I hate lies. Trump lies. MAGA is a lie. The wall is based on lies. Trump is a demagogue. I hate demagogues. MAGA is anti-American. I love America.

Re: Why Was A Free and Independent Media Rooting For a Hate Crime and Subsequent Narrative? [Re: Coat Hanger] #2915564
02/19/19 05:32 AM
02/19/19 05:32 AM
Carlsbad
G
GDaddy Online sleepy
Duke status
GDaddy  Online Sleepy
Duke status
G

Carlsbad
The people on the right who are spiking the ball right now should smarten up and exercise some restraint, because even though the coin toss on this one went their way it's just a matter of time before the real thing comes along again. Maybe by tomorrow.

This time the freak was the accuser, next time the freak might be the accused.

The lesson being that there's nothing wrong with letting such stories sit for a couple days before casting your vote.

Re: Why Was A Free and Independent Media Rooting For a Hate Crime and Subsequent Narrative? [Re: Uberkuque] #2915595
02/19/19 12:14 PM
02/19/19 12:14 PM
West of the Atlantic. East of...
G
GromsDad Offline
Duke status
GromsDad  Offline
Duke status
G

Originally Posted By: Uberkuque
The media reports the news based on the info available at the time. As the information involves, so does the news. Thats what happened here it was reported by Smollet, and the media reported it consistent w his allegations. When more info came to light that Smollet possibly orchestrated it, it was reported as such.

Thats how news gathering and news reporting works. Any insinuation that it was deliberately mis-reported for political ends is just:

DUMB

That's not what happened here. Give me a break. This story checked off all of the media's checkboxes of oppression, racial division and MAGA hate. They desperately wanted this story to be true and they elevated it to a nation wide story because it so confirmed all of their bias.

“I always thank God I didn't go to film school because I would have learned that I couldn't be doing what I've been doing already.” - Bruce Brown,
Re: Why Was A Free and Independent Media Rooting For a Hate Crime and Subsequent Narrative? [Re: 1whoknows] #2915602
02/19/19 01:26 PM
02/19/19 01:26 PM
HB, CA
I
ifallalot Offline
Duke status
ifallalot  Offline
Duke status
I

HB, CA
Originally Posted By: 1whoknows

I hate lies. Trump lies. MAGA is a lie. The wall is based on lies. Trump is a demagogue. I hate demagogues. MAGA is anti-American. I love America.
roflmao

My entire existence is a failed gotcha
Re: Why Was A Free and Independent Media Rooting For a Hate Crime and Subsequent Narrative? [Re: GDaddy] #2915619
02/19/19 02:17 PM
02/19/19 02:17 PM
Vagina Point
A
Autoprax Offline
Duke status
Autoprax  Offline
Duke status
A

Vagina Point
Originally Posted By: GDaddy
The people on the right who are spiking the ball right now should smarten up and exercise some restraint, because even though the coin toss on this one went their way it's just a matter of time before the real thing comes along again. Maybe by tomorrow.

This time the freak was the accuser, next time the freak might be the accused.

The lesson being that there's nothing wrong with letting such stories sit for a couple days before casting your vote.

I agree.

The problem is that tech is speeding everything up.

Speed kills.

A threat response is a potent trigger for motivated reasoning.

"People who are right a lot listen a lot, and they change their mind a lot. . . . . They wake up and reanalyze things and change their mind. If you don't change your mind frequently, you're going to be wrong a lot."
Re: Why Was A Free and Independent Media Rooting For a Hate Crime and Subsequent Narrative? [Re: GromsDad] #2915631
02/19/19 03:16 PM
02/19/19 03:16 PM
U
Uberkuque Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)
Uberkuque  Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)
U

Originally Posted By: GromsDad
The media reports the news based on the info available at the time. As the information involves, so does the news. Thats what happened here it was reported by Smollet, and the media reported it consistent w his allegations. When more info came to light that Smollet possibly orchestrated it, it was reported as such.

Thats how news gathering and news reporting works. Any insinuation that it was deliberately mis-reported for political ends is just:

DUMB

That's not what happened here. Give me a break. This story checked off all of the media's checkboxes of oppression, racial division and MAGA hate. They desperately wanted this story to be true and they elevated it to a nation wide story because it so confirmed all of their bias.

Objectively speaking, the story was, if true, one of nationwide interest. So the media ran it. End of story.

And when facts emerged showing the story was not true, they ran that, too -- and are still running it.

Your projected biases -- "checkboxes of oppression," and "desperately wanted the story to be true" -- are just that: projections. Period

Re: Why Was A Free and Independent Media Rooting For a Hate Crime and Subsequent Narrative? [Re: BillyOcean] #2915632
02/19/19 03:18 PM
02/19/19 03:18 PM
U
Uberkuque Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)
Uberkuque  Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)
U

"Burn it down. Burn it all down!", cried the political arsonist

Re: Why Was A Free and Independent Media Rooting For a Hate Crime and Subsequent Narrative? [Re: Uberkuque] #2915633
02/19/19 03:26 PM
02/19/19 03:26 PM
in the bathroom
M
manbearpig Offline
Tom Curren status
manbearpig  Offline
Tom Curren status
M

in the bathroom

DUMB

Objectively speaking, the story was, if true, one of nationwide interest. So the media ran it. End of story.

And when facts emerged showing the story was not true, they ran that, too -- and are still running it.

Your projected biases -- "checkboxes of oppression," and "desperately wanted the story to be true" -- are just that: projections. Period

Uberkuque is 100% right.

Re: Why Was A Free and Independent Media Rooting For a Hate Crime and Subsequent Narrative? [Re: 1whoknows] #2915635
02/19/19 03:34 PM
02/19/19 03:34 PM
Jacksonville Beach
S
Sharkbiscuit Offline
Phil Edwards status
Sharkbiscuit  Offline
Phil Edwards status
S

Jacksonville Beach
Originally Posted By: 1whoknows

Do you have the best America? Is what everybody is saying? Is everybody talking about it?

Re: Why Was A Free and Independent Media Rooting For a Hate Crime and Subsequent Narrative? [Re: GDaddy] #2915667
02/19/19 04:25 PM
02/19/19 04:25 PM
A
afoaf Offline
Duke status
afoaf  Offline
Duke status
A

Quote:
Meanwhile, we did have a shtload...

I interpreted this as the collective Erbb "we"...a local "we", if you will.

I apologize for misreading your point.

damn. using courier font. that is fooking aggressive man.
Re: Why Was A Free and Independent Media Rooting For a Hate Crime and Subsequent Narrative? [Re: Coat Hanger] #2915760
02/19/19 06:00 PM
02/19/19 06:00 PM
M
mundus Offline
Miki Dora status
mundus  Offline
Miki Dora status
M

When the left is wrong it is admitted and moved on from, right wing conspiracy idiocy never dies. Just another difference between left and right.

Re: Why Was A Free and Independent Media Rooting For a Hate Crime and Subsequent Narrative? [Re: manbearpig] #2915778
02/19/19 06:14 PM
02/19/19 06:14 PM
G
GromsDad Offline
Duke status
GromsDad  Offline
Duke status
G

Originally Posted By: manbearpig

DUMB

Uberkuque is 100% right.

Its amazing how willfully blind you guys are to left wing bias and propaganda.

“I always thank God I didn't go to film school because I would have learned that I couldn't be doing what I've been doing already.” - Bruce Brown,
Re: Why Was A Free and Independent Media Rooting For a Hate Crime and Subsequent Narrative? [Re: GromsDad] #2915784
02/19/19 06:18 PM
in the bathroom
M
manbearpig Offline
Tom Curren status
manbearpig  Offline
Tom Curren status
M

in the bathroom
You are a moron. Uberkuque's point has nothing to do with bias, its a simple fact.

Re: Why Was A Free and Independent Media Rooting For a Hate Crime and Subsequent Narrative? [Re: GromsDad] #2915785
A
afoaf Offline
Duke status
afoaf  Offline
Duke status
A

Its amazing how willfully blind you guys are to left wing bias and propaganda.

#gromsdad #irony

damn. using courier font. that is fooking aggressive man.
Re: Why Was A Free and Independent Media Rooting For a Hate Crime and Subsequent Narrative? [Re: GDaddy] #2915908
02/19/19 10:07 PM
02/19/19 10:07 PM
CA
R
rice Offline
Duke status
rice  Offline
Duke status
R

CA
Originally Posted By: GDaddy

I trust you saw how many politicians and theater kids and talking heads in the media who straight out committed to one side or the other on this story right from the outset?

I did not. roflmao Only read about this, here.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32